Rou's Formspring

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rou's Formspring

Post by Kieran on Mon 22 Mar 2010, 1:05 am

I just asked him which Shikari song he feels most proud of, doubt he'll answer that though.
Kieran
Sorry You're Not A Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jed on Mon 22 Mar 2010, 2:18 am

allforone wrote:
Jed wrote:
nicola.the.hunter wrote:No surprise has didnt answer the question about what musical direction they are going in.

Why is it? I hardly asked him to reveal every plan and thought he has about what they want to do. But it seems odd that he doesn't want to say anything at all. Surely they have some idea what they're going to be doing. Seems odd that he wouldn't want to share at least a little with their fans.

Maybe they don't know fully yet, seeing as they haven't started writing yet

Hence why I said "I hardly asked him to reveal every plan and thought he has". I'm sure they have some kind of idea, as Lee said, they've done a little bit over their 2 weeks holiday anyway.
Jed

http://www.facebook.com/JedJedJed

Back to top Go down

Post by allforone on Mon 22 Mar 2010, 11:23 am

leeburgess wrote:
allforone wrote:
Jed wrote:
nicola.the.hunter wrote:No surprise has didnt answer the question about what musical direction they are going in.

Why is it? I hardly asked him to reveal every plan and thought he has about what they want to do. But it seems odd that he doesn't want to say anything at all. Surely they have some idea what they're going to be doing. Seems odd that he wouldn't want to share at least a little with their fans.

Maybe they don't know fully yet, seeing as they haven't started writing yet

and you know this how?
pretty sure they've started some very basic writing/demoing

I meant properly, but my point still stands that they probably don't know their full style yet.

allforone
Hybryd

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott on Mon 22 Mar 2010, 12:03 pm

Well I remember seeing a tweet from Rou to Chris. About Rou sending him a demo. So I'm sure they have a rough idea about where they wanna go.
Scott
The Lions Are At The Door

http://www.haioko.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kappa99 on Mon 22 Mar 2010, 7:52 pm

Id imagine they will have plenty of demos flying around, but an idea can change almost 360 from beginning to end. Some songs have been full band songs at outset and ended up acoustic, or songs have become interludes etc etc.

We have to forget the fact that most of TTTS was years old before it made the album, that will pretty much be a one off, regardless of how long the band lasts.

What we have to remember is that this isnt our band, its Rob, Rou, Chris and Rorys band only. What they want us to know, they will tell us- some demos were posted for Common Dreads, and some of us got to hear little snippets of completed stuff, but ultimatly, who hears and is told what and when will be decided by the band.
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by stevenlikestatues on Tue 23 Mar 2010, 1:45 pm

I asked him about Spurs , don't think he's replied though haha.
stevenlikestatues
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jed on Fri 26 Mar 2010, 5:14 am

As part of an international touring band, I guess you create a bigger carbon footprint than most of us. How do you reconcile that with your environmental message?

Good Question! Unfortunately there's not much we can do, as so long as the bulk of transportation techniques around the world aren't climate friendly.
The small things we do do are...
- No flying in the UK as a rule and very very rare that we fly anywhere in Europe.
- In the US where it's legal, we use 'Green Vans' which are powered by Vegetable oil so are climate neutral.
- For our last 2 UK tours each band and crew member had there own personal bottle which they used to drink all liquids from which saved a ridiculous amount of plastic (we toured 'kegs' of water etc)
- Also on our food rider we only have local or UK produce (saving transport miles) with most products organic also (saving water and chemicals). We also have a limited amount of meat (especially red) as the meat industry has a bigger carbon footprint than transport.
- Lighting wise we use L.E.D based systems that save a huge amount of energy when compared to standard parcan based systems.

Didn't realise they did so much 'green' stuff on tour. Good of them. Smile
Jed

http://www.facebook.com/JedJedJed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum