Madina lake Bassist seriously assaulted

:: GENERAL FORUMS :: News

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madina lake Bassist seriously assaulted

Post by kappa99 on Fri 02 Jul 2010, 2:27 am

I dont care for the band but this is horrific and sad...

i’m afraid I have some of the worst news that has ever hit our lives. It’s almost impossible to even type this update. A few nights ago, Matthew walked from my apt. a block and a half down the street to meet a friend for a drink. half way there he saw a man severely beating his wife. Being the most amazing, strong, heroic and incredible person I know.. even though the guy was twice his size, Matthew intervened. He managed to subdue this guy for a second and since his wife was beat up pretty good called the cops.. as he did so the guy jumped him from behind and beat him. This guy did things I can’t even type. After words, he and his beaten wife left Matthew unconcious on the street. Matthew is in the hospital with a third of his skull removed as we wait for the swelling in his brain to go down. I’d rather not share any additional information at this time besides the fact that he acted as a hero (as he always would in any of these situations) and is paying a horrific price. Pease send all your love and good energy and vibrations to him. I’ve been and will be next to him throughout the entire recovery process. We don’t know enough yet details about how that will develop.. but it has shocked, stunned, disgusted our best friends, family and band (which are both). The world can be evil beyond belief and as much as we want this evil eliminated, right now our hearts heads and energies need to go to my best friend, soul mate, hero, and angel, Matthew. Love you all and will be in touch as soon as I can muster up the emotional energy to reach out again. Please, be safe and peaceful as we get through this impossible time.

Nathan
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Madina lake Bassist seriously assaulted

Post by nicola.the.hunter on Fri 02 Jul 2010, 2:40 am

I really like Madina Lake, seen them live 3 times and would love to see them again sometime.

That is awful to happen to anyone, curious to know why thje guy was beating up his wife in the first place but there is no reason for that! Hope he maks a full recovering soon.
nicola.the.hunter
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by HappySailor69 on Fri 02 Jul 2010, 2:53 am

SHIIIIIIIT thats pretty rough!
HappySailor69
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.captainjoshsparrow.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beth on Fri 02 Jul 2010, 3:30 am

you'd think the wifey would at least try and help him.
sure, she got hit aswell but seeing as he was the one who saved her, she could at least have tried to make sure he was okay and called an ambulance and stuff.

feel so bad for the guy, hope he recovers soon.
beth
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/Bethhhy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 02 Jul 2010, 3:44 am

I read this on AP earlier, it's savage. I'll be honest I don't like the band but I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery, and whatever scrotum-sucker did it gets what's coming to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by beth on Fri 02 Jul 2010, 8:20 am

In an interview today, Madina Lake frontman Nathan Leone said that his twin brother Matthew—who was savagely beaten earlier this week while intervening during a domestic dispute—has taken a turn for the better. Matthew Leone has been in and out of consciousness during the past three days after suffering a broken jaw, a broken nose and a fractured skull. Nathan Leone said, "It was touch and go for a while there, but at this point, things are starting to turn around, which is wonderful. The first couple of days, [Matthew] couldn't recognize me or say anything coherent, but this morning he did. And now he's aware and talking and moving around a little, which is wonderful. So the prognosis is getting better by the hour."
Nathan Leone also said that Chicago police have made an arrest in connection to the assault. He added that while he was at his brother's bedside, Nathan read e-mails and comments posted online from fans and claims the support helped save his Matthew's life. "The outpouring of support has been amazing," Leone said. "Every band we've ever toured with, every Facebook and MySpace outlet has been going crazy with love and support. We've heard from friends, fans, neighbors, labels and management. It's honestly overwhelming. When something horrible happens, you're inclined to despise humanity, but this proves how many amazing people there are in the world."
The Leone brothers don't have health insurance, but Nathan says, "We'll deal with that when we have to." For now, he expects Matthew to be released from the hospital in three to five days. Matthew will have to wear protective headgear until doctors re-attach parts of his skull.
beth
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin on Fri 02 Jul 2010, 11:20 am

JackGDS wrote:I read this on AP earlier, it's savage. I'll be honest I don't like the band but I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery, and whatever scrotum-sucker did it gets what's coming to him.

Pretty much my thoughts.
Martin
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by kappa99 on Fri 02 Jul 2010, 9:45 pm

BethySniper wrote:you'd think the wifey would at least try and help him.
sure, she got hit aswell but seeing as he was the one who saved her, she could at least have tried to make sure he was okay and called an ambulance and stuff.

feel so bad for the guy, hope he recovers soon.

You'd be surprised at how many wifes jump in for their husband who was beating them if someone tried to help out.
A lot of beaten women seem to have some sort of unbreakable connection with the man who batters her, its unexplainable.
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by beth on Sat 03 Jul 2010, 12:54 am

guess so man, but it is still pretty shit.
beth
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankie on Sat 03 Jul 2010, 1:34 am

That's horrible. Hope he recovers soon.
Frankie
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=774535176&r

Back to top Go down

Post by Jed on Sat 03 Jul 2010, 3:47 am

Mate told me this before, not really a fan of the band but not nice to happen to anybody. Hope he makes a full recovery ASAP.
Jed

http://www.facebook.com/JedJedJed

Back to top Go down

Post by agua on Sat 03 Jul 2010, 5:42 am

To think I've been on the corner that it happened too.
There are some scum out there.
But all the outpouring of support and love, just shows the two sides of that coin.
agua
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.myspace.com/agua_1989

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola.the.hunter on Wed 14 Jul 2010, 5:33 pm

Madina Lake will continue their scheduled UK tour without Matthew Leone after he was violently assaulted last week (July 1).

"We decided last night that we're going to commit to playing them, and we're not going to hire a bass player to fill in," Nathan explained. "Instead, if it's possible, we're going to try to have Matthew record his bass tracks here, and then run them when we play. We don't want anyone to take his place."

http://www.nme.com/news/madina-lake/51941
nicola.the.hunter
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by stevenlikestatues on Wed 14 Jul 2010, 6:58 pm

Ah probably run it through a click track then or something.
stevenlikestatues
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nia on Wed 14 Jul 2010, 11:05 pm

nice to see that there are some real men out there to counter for the arseholes that find it acceptable to beat their wives (regardless of why they do it). no one deserves a beating like that, hope he recovers well.
Nia
Jonny Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Langerzzz on Tue 03 Aug 2010, 9:05 am

Decent band quite like them, not usually my type but still.
Terrible the whole thing but good to see he's getting better.
Nice idea to use bass tracks too
Langerzzz
Hybryd

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola.the.hunter on Tue 03 Aug 2010, 5:28 pm

The rest of the band are back touring now, must be weird for them without him.
nicola.the.hunter
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by stevenlikestatues on Thu 05 Aug 2010, 1:56 am

Langerzzz wrote:Decent band quite like them, not usually my type but still.
Terrible the whole thing but good to see he's getting better.
Nice idea to use bass tracks too

In theory it works but live it doesn't I saw them at Sonisphere and they were shit and my mate went to kingston and said the same thing.
stevenlikestatues
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Blair on Mon 20 Dec 2010, 4:20 pm

It said that he didnt have health insurance, I heard that all money from merch and cd sales was going towards the medical bill. I dont know if this is true but im pretty sure someone told me that!! Dont know if he is allright now but if not then i hope he recovers!!!
Blair
Anything Can Happen

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1804582765

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyCallaghan on Fri 24 Dec 2010, 5:23 am

does anyone know how far he is on his way to recovery?
JohnnyCallaghan
Sorry You're Not A Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top