Help save the Pioneer

:: GENERAL FORUMS :: News

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help save the Pioneer

Post by nicola.the.hunter on Wed 29 Sep 2010, 2:42 am

Once again, Pioneer Charity has had the threat of loosing its lease. If this were to happen we would loose the use of the skatepark and gig venue as we know it for ever on the 23rd of April 2011. Herts county council who own the building say that the want Youth Connexions to manage the whole building.

So for all the people that have ever enjoyed pioneer for what ever reason make sure you sign this petition to keep the skatepark and youth club/music events run by the Pioneer Charity and not solely Youth Connexion. Please leave your full name and your email address.

Thanks to all

Pioneer.

For those who don't know The Pioneer is a youth club in St Albans. Enter shikari have played many gigs there during 03-06. They have also helped rasie money, put on gigs and probably been to a fair few gigs there themselves.

They need 10,000 signitures (by next week) to get it debated by the council. So please go and sign the petition to help save it. Only takes a second!
SIGN IT HERE
nicola.the.hunter
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Re: Help save the Pioneer

Post by Malky on Wed 29 Sep 2010, 3:43 am

They spelt "lose" wrong.

Twice.
Malky

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola.the.hunter on Wed 29 Sep 2010, 3:46 am

I thought you said I did then, but realised you meant the person I quoted. They fail.

Even so, help them out! Very Happy
nicola.the.hunter
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeLee on Wed 29 Sep 2010, 6:53 am

I was number 728, a mere 9272 to go.
LeeLee
Jonny Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by kappa99 on Wed 29 Sep 2010, 10:30 pm

Iv sent a link to Rou and Rory but they are off to America today i think so may be too late before they could try and publicise it. Would be a shame, even though it has absolutly nothing to do with me, but St Albans seems absolutly devoid of things for young people to do, and the council dont seem to care, then wonder why kids go around steaming drunk destroying the place. (This has nothing to do with me being steaming drunk at ES gigs destroying hotel rooms)
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HappySailor69 on Wed 29 Sep 2010, 11:42 pm

#987 doubt you will get 10,000.
HappySailor69
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.captainjoshsparrow.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola.the.hunter on Thu 30 Sep 2010, 2:50 am

Not sure about Rory and Rou, but Rob has signed it. Sure the others have/will. Theres so many names on the list I recorgnise. (yes I am lame and having nothing to do rather than have a flick through a couple of pages)

Just spoke to Chris, they have all signed it Smile
nicola.the.hunter
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Thu 30 Sep 2010, 8:49 am

Numero #1128! With a bit of promotion, you never know...
Pete
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.myspace.com/wewerefriendsuk

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola.the.hunter on Thu 07 Oct 2010, 9:46 pm

A little update ...

This morning, a jointly agreed statement between Pioneer and Herts County Council was read out on 3 Counties Radio by Pioneer Chair – Ann Brooks. It read:

“I (Ann Brooks, Chairman The Pioneer Club) am pleased to report that last night I attended a very productive meeting held at The Offices of St Albans District Council, Chaired by the Chief Executive Officer of the Council, Daniel Goodwin. Present were representatives of The Pioneer Charity, Herts County Council, Youth Connexions and Officers and Councillors of St Albans District Council.

It has now been agreed between the parties that dialogue will continue in the spirit of co-operation, with the shared objective of establishing a platform from which we can ensure the efficient management of all of the facilities provided at Pioneer into the future.”

---

In light of this statement we are extremely hopeful that everything will be sorted out and the skate park will continue to run the way it is. We are also hopeful that the charity will continue and also play a vital role at Pioneer well into the future.
nicola.the.hunter
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top