Shikari Master-class.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shikari Master-class.

Post by Pete on Sat 06 Nov 2010, 8:22 am

In the afternoon of the day of the O2 Arena show (30th Nov), the Enter Shikari guys will be taking part in an event called a Sennheiser Session at the British Music Experience down in the arena complex.
Its a sort of masterclass / 'lecture' / question and answer session where the band talks about their experiences as a band, making music, travelling the world and mixing with all manner of interesting people in strange places (like the waitress in this bar we were in last night who burst into tears in mid conversation with us. odd), the audience gets to ask questions and all that stuff too.

Space is limited... so attendees will be chosen randomly from applicants who sign up here: www.britishmusicexperience.com/enter-shikari/
(if you are chosen, you get to bring a friend.. .so you won't be all on your owns and stuff)

AND... one lucky applicant will win a pair of tickets to the show in the evening too!!

Fingers crossed!
Pete
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.myspace.com/wewerefriendsuk

Back to top Go down

Re: Shikari Master-class.

Post by SophieM on Sat 06 Nov 2010, 12:15 pm

I walk past this place everyday on the way to my college/uni
SophieM
The Lions Are At The Door

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola.the.hunter on Sun 07 Nov 2010, 1:51 am

A little bit random, but sounds fun. I hope not being in a band doesn't hinder my chance of getting in.
nicola.the.hunter
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Sun 07 Nov 2010, 8:26 am

nicola.the.hunter wrote:A little bit random, but sounds fun. I hope not being in a band doesn't hinder my chance of getting in.

Did you click no? I'd expect you wouldn't be allowed to go if you're not in a band. :/
Pete
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Jed on Sun 07 Nov 2010, 8:38 am

Is this going to be filmed or anything?
Jed

http://www.facebook.com/JedJedJed

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Sun 07 Nov 2010, 8:43 am

I would doubt it, I've hardly ever heard of any kind of master-class being filmed. Plus it'd detach from the point of actually going if you can just see it anyway.

Would be nice though.
Pete
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 07 Nov 2010, 8:58 am

I applied. Hopefully I'm selected!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 07 Nov 2010, 8:59 am

nicola.the.hunter wrote:A little bit random, but sounds fun. I hope not being in a band doesn't hinder my chance of getting in.
Not to sound like a dick, but why would you want/need to go if you're not in a band ha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin on Sun 07 Nov 2010, 3:59 pm

JackHizzle wrote:
Not to sound like a dick, but why would you want/need to go if you're not in a band ha.

It's not very clear from the initial text, but I'm assuming this is an industry-based event. There'll be a lot of people off of here and off the official forum thinking "ZOMG SHIKARI I HAS TO GO!!111!" and that'll be their only reasoning behind wanting to go. But there'll be a lot of people attending this interested in the promoting/managing/booking aspect of the music industry; I'm assuming this is who the event is aimed at, and not the "OMG ITZ ROO" brigade.
Martin
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by joebarnes on Sun 07 Nov 2010, 6:33 pm

JackHizzle wrote:

Solo artist?
joebarnes
Jonny Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 07 Nov 2010, 9:41 pm

Martin wrote:
JackHizzle wrote:
It's not very clear from the initial text, but I'm assuming this is an industry-based event. There'll be a lot of people off of here and off the official forum thinking "ZOMG SHIKARI I HAS TO GO!!111!" and that'll be their only reasoning behind wanting to go. But there'll be a lot of people attending this interested in the promoting/managing/booking aspect of the music industry; I'm assuming this is who the event is aimed at, and not the "OMG ITZ ROO" brigade.
It's just annoying to think loadsa people will sign up and (potentially) nick a spot over someone who could genuinely benefit/learn from it, just to flick their bean over Rou or whatever.
Hairson wrote:Solo artist?
Or song writers? or composers? or arrangers? or clarinet-soloists? (I just sorta pulled the word 'band' out of Nicola's post to keep it short and simple..)

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin on Mon 08 Nov 2010, 12:33 am

JackHizzle wrote:
It's just annoying to think loadsa people will sign up and (potentially) nick a spot over someone who could genuinely benefit/learn from it, just to flick their bean over Rou or whatever.

Aye, I agree with you on that.
Martin
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Mon 08 Nov 2010, 8:42 am

That's my worry too, but it's bound to happen. They should have asked for proof of a band or something.
Pete
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 08 Nov 2010, 8:51 am

Pete wrote:That's my worry too, but it's bound to happen. They should have asked for proof of a band or something.
Some twat is gonna turn up with an electribe wearing an 'era cap, claiming to be a solo dubstep producer.

Back to top Go down

Post by joebarnes on Tue 09 Nov 2010, 8:36 am

JackHizzle wrote:
Pete wrote:That's my worry too, but it's bound to happen. They should have asked for proof of a band or something.
Some twat is gonna turn up with an electribe wearing an 'era cap, claiming to be a solo dubstep producer.

Foiled my plan.
joebarnes
Jonny Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 28 Nov 2010, 1:26 pm

Anyone else win tickets for this?

My mate can't make it now so if any of yous wanna be my +1 (Wink) contact me ASAP

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Mon 29 Nov 2010, 8:11 am

Has it been announced then? If it has I obviously haven't won.

Not that I could go anyway seeing as I'm now working. Razz
Pete
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobbsy on Mon 29 Nov 2010, 9:07 am

Omg yes jack please!
Hobbsy
Administrator

http://www.facebook.com/JamesHobbs182

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 29 Nov 2010, 9:47 am

Logic3 wrote:Omg yes jack please!
Sorry dude I got your text but I was busy washing up like a good bitch Razz

I just checked and it's the 30th at 3pm - so this Tuesday. I'll let you know tomorrow if I can definitely make it (I'm meant to be leading my group at college in the protest lols). I should be ok, and the spot's definitely yours if so Wink

EDIT: Jamesy can't make it, and either can I unfortunately. IF THERE ARE A PAIR OF YOU WHO WANT TO GO USING MY NAME, LET ME KNOW ASAP. Otherwise I'll email the kind folks at BME tomorrow and let them offer the places to other people.

Back to top Go down

Post by joebarnes on Tue 30 Nov 2010, 12:47 am

Same as Jack been offered two spots, but now cant make it due to a change of travel plans back from Liverpool.

Does any one want my spots, PM me before the end of the day.
joebarnes
Jonny Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by SophieM on Wed 01 Dec 2010, 4:50 am

This was more of an interview with an audience (who could also ask questions) than a master class haha. It was alright although A LOT of the same questions were asked such as 'What does Shikari mean?' and 'How did you guys get to know each other?' (they must sick to fucking death of answering that in every interview they do)
Had a little chat with Rou at the end about his sciatic nerve and a chat with Keith who is just awesome.
All in all not bad for an after college freebie.

Last edited by SophieM on Wed 01 Dec 2010, 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
SophieM
The Lions Are At The Door

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Wed 01 Dec 2010, 9:21 am

I just realised that I DID get an e-mail after all. Though I had no chance getting there at all anyway. And it seemed a waste of time anyway. I had so many decent questions as well. I suppose I can just question at any after party anyway. Wink
Pete
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top