NEW VIDEO SHOOT

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEW VIDEO SHOOT

Post by nicola.the.hunter on Fri 26 Aug 2011, 4:25 am

hey guys.
we have a favour to ask.
we’re in need of extras for the video of the next single, so we’re looking to you for help.
But, do YOU really have what it takes to be in a Shikari video??

Let’s see…

Applicants MUST :
1) Be 18 years of age or over (age restrictions are due to insurance / licensing reasons. ID WILL BE REQUIRED).
2) Be able to be in central London on SUNDAY 4th SEPTEMBER, between the hours of 1pm – 8pm (approximately. more details will be sent if you are chosen).
3) Be experienced in the art of stage diving / throwing shapes in the pit (‘push moshing’ is NOT enough to earn you screen time).
4) Like a good bundle / pile on for the microphone.
5) Be fit enough to be able to execute points 3) and 4) for a good few hours without flaking too hard.

Applicants MUST NOT :
1) Arrive wearing band shirts, large logo branded attire, brightly coloured / fluorescent / cartoony ‘scene’ clothing, or fancy dress costumes.
Apart from that… as rough or smart as you like… whatever you’re comfortable in… but imagine you’re out trying to not look like a dickhead in front of someone you fancy, and go from there.
2) Have to leave before the end (for continuity’s sake. please only apply if you can actually hang for the day)
3) Turn up drunk, inebriated, or befuddled in any way, or be in any way a pain in the ass to anyone else. (Be nice. This isn’t like some big money video production… there won’t be ‘production staff’ prodding you with sticks or any of that shit, so we all trust you guys to be respectful of the people who own the building and work there and stuff. Hopefully, this will be more like a day of hanging out and making a fun video than a day of ‘work’, so everyone being cool with everyone else will only help that along)

If this sounds like something you’re into, then please email :
casting@standyourgroundmedia.com
with the subject header – “Sunday 4th video shoot”
and a couple of lines about yourself (name, age, where you’re from. why you should be in the video).
INCLUDE A PHOTOGRAPH (this IS a video after all, and we need to make sure we get a proper cross section of folks)

IF YOU WANT TO COME WITH A FRIEND(s) – then:
1) you HAVE to list them in the initial email – including their name / photo / details too – in the initial submission email (if you turn up with someone who isn’t on the list, they WILL get turned away. we have to know our numbers beforehand. again, insurance etc purposes demand it)
2) they HAVE to meet and agree to all the above criteria too!!
3) Please… NO MORE THAN TWO FRIENDS (that’s THREE PEOPLE TOTAL, INCLUDING YOURSELF) PER APPLICATION. It will make the sorting process too difficult.
any emails that turn up with more than three names / details etc, we’ll have to just scrap ‘em.

We REALLY cannot stereo enough the importance of being 18+ and bringing ID. If you don’t have ID, we’ll have to send you away, sorry… we can’t risk having the video shoot shut down, cos we don’t have the money to be doing it all over again. Sorry.

ALSO… A FEW SPECIAL ROLES FOR A SHOOT THE DAY BEFORE :
This is for a scene shot separately on Saturday the 3rd September ALSO in Central London.
We are looking for anyone that can dance well to Drum & Bass, for a specific scene in the video.
Anyone that can do X-stepping / X-Outing / Drum&Bass Step get in touch!
if that’s YOU, then please email, including photo etc, and put “Dance wizard for Saturday Sept 3rd” as the subject header.
(again, must be 18+ etc. ID required).

Closing date for emails is : MORNING OF TUESDAY 30th AUGUST
Successful applicants will be notified with full details by : THURSDAY 1st SEPT at latest.

Will be good to get some familiar faces in it again Smile
nicola.the.hunter
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW VIDEO SHOOT

Post by Scott on Fri 26 Aug 2011, 6:57 am

Pfft, I would if it wasn't such short notice.
Scott
The Lions Are At The Door

http://www.haioko.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy k on Fri 26 Aug 2011, 7:26 am

All the rules fucking hell shikari!
Tommy k
Step Up

Back to top Go down

Post by agua on Fri 26 Aug 2011, 7:36 am

who wants to raise money for me to travel to london to be in the shikari video, any takers?
agua
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.myspace.com/agua_1989

Back to top Go down

Post by agua on Fri 26 Aug 2011, 7:38 am

"throwing shapes" ?
agua
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.myspace.com/agua_1989

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Fri 26 Aug 2011, 8:20 am

Too soon. Couldn't get a holiday for it and can't pull a sicky with rent. Ah welly well.
Pete
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.myspace.com/wewerefriendsuk

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilMCC on Fri 26 Aug 2011, 12:10 pm

Sad Iwiiish.
aprilMCC
Come Join The Feast

Back to top Go down

Post by will on Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:31 pm

Sad That I can't be in the music video. But i'm so excited to hear the first single off the album soon!
will
Buzzer

http://facebook.com/thisfrozenlandscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 27 Aug 2011, 1:18 am

How shitty and pretentious was that? I used to enjoy their 'press releases' (or whatever you'd dub them). Now they seem like an opportunity for someone at camp Shikari to poke fun at people, in this case people who dress a particular way...which, surely, is just as silly (if not more so) as a few brightly-coloured garms? Maybe I just don't find making people uncomfortable terribly funny. Alienating your fans (and people generally) is never a nice thing to do, nevermind the startling paradox the whole 'no scene pansies' attitude throws up....reckon whoever wrote this has seen some of the clothes the band have sold over the last few years?

(Absolutely no offence to anyone who owns these tops. I don't mind what people wear. These aren't my cup of tea though and, according to this statement, not the band's any more either)

For a band who are steeply declining in popularity and any sort of relevance, they'd do better not to talk to their fans like they're a 7 year-old sibling. It'd be like me losing a girlfriend and in a last-ditch attempt to salvage the relationship....calling her fat and farting on her Nan.

It's a shame, I hold all the dudes at ES in pretty high regards...but shitty, self-worshipping drivel like this is definitely helping me go off 'em. Sadly, no-one will be phased by it. omg shikare and its great and ethical lol s ,
Oh and I think there are fewer rules in a North Korean haiku...that's more to do with the insurance and all that side of things though I think.

Have a nice day!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe on Sat 27 Aug 2011, 4:06 am

If they enforce the rules on the day it will be very different to the No Sleep video. No names or I.D where checked and plenty of people were wearing band shirts and drinking.
Zoe
Return To Energiser

Back to top Go down

Post by will on Sat 27 Aug 2011, 5:51 am

I didn't think it the announcement was written that badly. I mean I know that they're kind of friends with them I think, but maybe Stand Your Ground Media wanted these rules to be stated as precautions. They're not a big huge media company with a massive amount of employees, so they probably want things to go as fluid as possible for them. Either way, it didn't seem that offensive to me. Maybe the "scene" part could offend people, but really it's a music video and they're trying to create something other than just throwing people in a basement like Sorry You're Not A Winner. Not bashing that video, but they're not the same band anymore as they were in the past.
will
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Malky on Sat 27 Aug 2011, 10:07 pm

Back to talk about the actual shoot and away from how badly or otherwise the announcement was written please?
Malky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 28 Aug 2011, 1:32 am

Malky wrote:Back to talk about the actual shoot and away from how badly or otherwise the announcement was written please?
Ooft. Sorry, Sir. I'll try to keep it a generic 'omg I can't make it' or 'omg im not 18' next time. That's what forums are for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennie on Mon 29 Aug 2011, 12:58 am

Jack, I don't think you are appreciating the fact this band cannot afford to do two shoots. They have one shot at shooting a music video, they know what's going to look good and so they are being practical. And they're right, because if they didn't enforce those "strict" - (I don't actually believe they are very strict rules at all) - rules they would end up with a crowd of mixed up bright colours because everyone wants to be seen in the video.

I'm pretty sure Coops would have definitely worn his multi coloured pants, jacket, trainers combo in the hope he'll be seen in the actual vid! Hahaha.
Jennie
Zzzonked

http://www.facebook.com/JennieGardner

Back to top Go down

Post by leeburgess on Tue 30 Aug 2011, 5:17 am

I think its just been put across to basically say, wear plain clothes, and by listing what you can't wear just covers their backs when someone turns up in a bright pink drop dead varsity jacket or summat.

for me, my bright orange and blue pinky swear records shirt will be worn, cause it's sick. end of. but i'm actually gonna take it just incase i can slip it on in the day.

i've been nagging for the times for weeks for work reasons, didn't get them, and now i bet i can't get it off, but i'll swing it the best i can. late night megabus it is again.
leeburgess
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/leejamesburgess

Back to top Go down

Post by warnerbro on Tue 30 Aug 2011, 6:08 am

leeburgess wrote:

for me, my bright orange and blue pinky swear records shirt will be worn, cause it looks like I've been spunked on.
warnerbro
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/warnerbro

Back to top Go down

Post by leeburgess on Tue 30 Aug 2011, 6:10 am

warnerbro wrote:
leeburgess wrote:

for me, my bright orange and blue pinky swear records shirt will be worn, cause it looks like I've been spunked on.

i lyk spunx
leeburgess
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/leejamesburgess

Back to top Go down

Post by Niamh on Tue 30 Aug 2011, 1:55 pm

Have fun anybody that goes. I'll be en route to Glasgow (Malky I'm heading to Ayrshire WAHEY) but I doubt I'd be eligible anyway. Moshing? Me? Pah.
Niamh
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.facebook.com/NiamhF

Back to top Go down

Post by will on Tue 30 Aug 2011, 3:00 pm

Have fun guyz, hoping to see all your pretty british faces when it comes out
will
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by solidarityshez on Wed 31 Aug 2011, 1:02 am

I got selected for it!! Who else is joining me? Can't wait for this Smile
solidarityshez
Sorry You're Not A Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe on Wed 31 Aug 2011, 1:26 am

I got an acknowledgement email that says 'if you are selected you will need to sign a release form on the day BEFORE the shoot starts'.

I assume it means 'on the day, before the filming starts' not 'the day before' as in Saturday.
Zoe
Return To Energiser

Back to top Go down

Post by solidarityshez on Wed 31 Aug 2011, 1:32 am

Yeah, when I got my acknowledgement I got a panic about that, but the confirmation email tells you its before the filming starts, so no worries!
solidarityshez

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola.the.hunter on Wed 31 Aug 2011, 5:03 am

Anyone got confirmed? Heard of a few people that have. Becoming a tense waiting game.

Edit - I've got my email now. See you all sunday?
nicola.the.hunter
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by elviiin on Wed 31 Aug 2011, 7:06 am

Been accepted but duno if I'll go, travel costs etc.
Anyone staying up there or is Coops driving you lot?
elviiin

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=631815413

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola.the.hunter on Wed 31 Aug 2011, 7:25 am

elviiin wrote:Been accepted but duno if I'll go, travel costs etc.
Anyone staying up there or is Coops driving you lot?

You mean down there Razz
nicola.the.hunter
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top