More UK Tour Dates 2012

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: More UK Tour Dates 2012

Post by xSsshelley on Fri 16 Mar 2012, 10:51 am

Hobbsy wrote:The flights like 45 mins! Elvin and I got the party started with pretzles and beer (G&T for me cause i'm a twat)

60 minutes, not flying from Amsterdam. And I have a terrible fear of flying.
xSsshelley
Hybryd

Back to top Go down

Post by leeburgess on Fri 16 Mar 2012, 1:24 pm

This tour is gonna be great fun.
Stoked for some serious hangs with folk.
leeburgess
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/leejamesburgess

Back to top Go down

Post by orwellaintdead on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 3:33 am

My Hammersmith ticket came. Yay
orwellaintdead
We Can Breathe In Space

Back to top Go down

Post by xSsshelley on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 4:04 am

I have to pick mine up at the venue?! Really weird...
xSsshelley
Hybryd

Back to top Go down

Post by ChumbaWumba on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 4:37 am

So annoyed, ordered my train tickets to Edinburgh a couple of months ago when they were dirt cheap and since then the journey's changed and added an extra hour.

If I hadn't checked now I wouldn't be in Edinburgh tomorrow.
ChumbaWumba
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.facebook.com/absolutelucidity

Back to top Go down

Post by xSsshelley on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 5:37 am

ChumbaWumba wrote:So annoyed, ordered my train tickets to Edinburgh a couple of months ago when they were dirt cheap and since then the journey's changed and added an extra hour.

If I hadn't checked now I wouldn't be in Edinburgh tomorrow.

Lucky you.
xSsshelley
Hybryd

Back to top Go down

Post by orwellaintdead on Sun 18 Mar 2012, 4:16 am

Lighting is so so awesome on this tour:

orwellaintdead
We Can Breathe In Space

Back to top Go down

Post by orwellaintdead on Sun 18 Mar 2012, 6:45 am

Similar thing has happened to me that happened to Chumbs with his journey to Edinburgh, with regards to mine to Hull tomorrow. Booked over a month ago and meant to get the 1103 from Norwich, with changes at Ely, Peterborough, and Doncaster, before arriving in Hull at 1501. However, national rail website isn't giving me this journey, now I have to get the 1047 from Norwich with changes at Grantham and Brough, before arriving into Hull at 1529. Seems there is work between Doncaster and Hull. Lucky I checked before turning up at the station tomorrow, it's awful there is no confirmation of service changes when you've been so diligent in booking so much in advance. And it's added another 45 minutes onto my already 4 hour journey.
orwellaintdead
We Can Breathe In Space

Back to top Go down

Post by Bess on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 8:22 am

I'll be in Manchester from about 3ish tomorrow, anyone who's got my number gimme a text!
Bess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=646880048&r

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 4:03 am

Oh god, last night was incredible, definitely the best time I've seen Shikari.
Probably embarrassed myself afterwards though, as I was insanely drunk, so lovely to see y'all again, and meet new faces (especially Marie, you're lovely!).
Hopefully see you guys again very soon!
Rach
Zzzonked

Back to top Go down

Post by kappa99 on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 3:35 am

Lovely shoutout from Ro at 4.30ish. Hold tight da Kappa. You did ask for some space Wink

kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by beth on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 4:43 am

I think Edinburgh is my favourite ES gig so far, it was incredible. Hull was as well, but the crowd was full of dicks. I was stuck next to a Skrillex wannabe who was vomiting, his burd who was yelling at me for trying to help him, and a Young Guns fan who scratched my back 'cause Gustav kissed me on the head. (Which is funny 'cause I don't even like Young Guns.)
Lights and setlist were amazing, just had so much fun and I can't wait for the next tour. Nice to see some of you guys! (:
beth
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/Bethhhy

Back to top Go down

Post by Charn on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 5:44 am

beth wrote:I think Edinburgh is my favourite ES gig so far, it was incredible. Hull was as well, but the crowd was full of dicks. I was stuck next to a Skrillex wannabe who was vomiting, his burd who was yelling at me for trying to help him, and a Young Guns fan who scratched my back 'cause Gustav kissed me on the head. (Which is funny 'cause I don't even like Young Guns.)
Lights and setlist were amazing, just had so much fun and I can't wait for the next tour. Nice to see some of you guys! (:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I would've punched them in the face, what a moron!
Charn
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by beth on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 6:59 am

Hahaha, I know, right?! The only reason he did it was because he kicked me in the head while I was crowd surfing and he was making sure I was okay, she started screaming and yelling and clawed me, silly cow. I accidentally head-butted her when Meltdown kicked in and I was dancing, she left the crowd. That made up for it significantly. Bunch of psychotic fannies.
beth
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by orwellaintdead on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 7:01 am

Charn wrote:
beth wrote:I was stuck next to a Skrillex wannabe who was vomiting, his burd who was yelling at me for trying to help him,[b]

HA. Kappa shouted 'Skrillex is shit' at him when we saw him outside after the gig.
orwellaintdead
We Can Breathe In Space

Back to top Go down

Post by beth on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 7:26 am

orwellaintdead wrote:
Charn wrote:
beth wrote:I was stuck next to a Skrillex wannabe who was vomiting, his burd who was yelling at me for trying to help him,[b]

HA. Kappa shouted 'Skrillex is shit' at him when we saw him outside after the gig.
Brilliant! At one point waiting on doors to open, everyone was just yelling shit at him. "DROP THE BASS!", "CALL 911 NOW!" etc. Complete moron. He spewed over the barrier before Young Guns came on and he passed out in the crowd. It was hilarious. His wee bird was raging, especially when I said "Yer mate just passed out over there." Apparently, not differentiating between friend and boyfriend is a massive offense in Hull, even when you don't know someone!
beth
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by orwellaintdead on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 8:47 am

orwellaintdead
We Can Breathe In Space

Back to top Go down

Post by beth on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 9:13 am

Had that and Get The Party Started by Pink stuck in my head all weekend.
beth
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Malky on Thu 22 Mar 2012, 12:52 am

Kappa never signed out of my account, so here's his recollection of the last few days

Review of my wee 4 day spell

Friday - Epic pissup with Coops, Burgess, Chenford, Ross Wilson and a few others.

Saturday - Quality day and a great laugh in the Hotel, which went a bit eery during Muamba's incident. Nearly didnt get into the gig and had to argue with the staff that I wasnt too late (Turning up 5 mins before the band come on was apparently too late according to a couple of staff members. Epic pits, so much space and no hardcore kickboxing spazzers. Afterparty was fairly quiet, a good pissup and day 1 of harassing Gustav by telling him he was Fred Durst.

Sunday - What seemed like the longest car journey in history, started off with me having to get Coops to pull the car over so I could throw up. Wasnt helped by listening to Celtic lose in the cup final to Kilmarnock. Got to the pub and then Fratsons and started drinking monumental amounts of booze. Hull was good, the band were on fire, crowd werent the greatest, seemingly "open this the fuck up" means "lets stand here and not aknowledge the fact the best live band in Britain are on stage". Twisted the ankle again that Warner messed up last month, and Marie kindly put ice on it for me. Ended up in Fusion, had round 2 of "Gustav is Fred Durst", came home and threw up (again) all over Chumbas toilet.

Monday - Manchester - Love this city. Possibly the most beautiful in the UK. Only pitted for the 2nd half of the show so I didnt completely bugger the ankle. Went into another crazy night in a club where Gustav agreed he would wear my Fred Durst hat onstage for a laugh. Stayed up until it was daylight and then when I woke up I knew Id hit a brick wall.

Tuesday - Wolves - Didnt eat all day, attempted 1 sip of a vodka n coke and knew this wasnt gonna be the most enjoyable day of my life. Chilled at the back and then headed to the afterparty for an evening of music that can only be described as migrane inducing hosted by Tom Warner. Once we got into the smallest dressing room/backstage area Ive ever seen it really kicked off, crowdsurfing, spilled alcohol, tube lights falling off after crowdsurfers kicked them etc. After managing to eat my first meal of the day I planned to head to bed but couldnt sleep, and found the tlodge party. Went to bed at 6, and had to be up for a train at 12 although when I saw Malky and heard about Arun, I knew I was in a much better place than their battered souls!!

Spending 9 hours to get home when it could be done in 2 hours to save a bitta dolla now....and Ive got a fuckton of work to follow when I get home Sad

To everyone I partied with, once again your all fucking legends and I love each and every one of you lot....
Malky

Back to top Go down

Post by Bess on Thu 22 Mar 2012, 4:58 am

Manchester was awesome, it was fun seeing some of you at The Factory (!?) after the gig. Drunk Chumba is awesome. Looking forward to Friday!! The light show was amazing, and that wasn't even all of it...Return to Energizer was like a total ear and eye gasm.
Bess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by ChumbaWumba on Thu 22 Mar 2012, 6:14 am

Bess wrote:Manchester was awesome, it was fun seeing some of you at The Factory (!?) after the gig. Drunk Chumba is awesome. Looking forward to Friday!! The light show was amazing, and that wasn't even all of it...Return to Energizer was like a total ear and eye gasm.

Last night was a rough as fuck.
ChumbaWumba
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.facebook.com/absolutelucidity

Back to top Go down

Post by blissof89 on Thu 22 Mar 2012, 6:21 am

Despite some fuckin ATM eating my card and the most stressful/boring journey in the world up there I had a well good time in Scotland. Friday was jokes and Saturday was more of the same. Gig was probably my favorite Shikari show I've been to.

Right up for friday now.
blissof89
Step Up

http://www.facebook.com/blissof89

Back to top Go down

Post by Malky on Thu 22 Mar 2012, 7:23 am

ChumbaWumba wrote:
Bess wrote:Manchester was awesome, it was fun seeing some of you at The Factory (!?) after the gig. Drunk Chumba is awesome. Looking forward to Friday!! The light show was amazing, and that wasn't even all of it...Return to Energizer was like a total ear and eye gasm.
Last night was a rough as fuck.
RUFFHOUSE

Good night. Can't wait to get to my own bed and not be sponging off Arun's kindness.
Malky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobbsy on Thu 22 Mar 2012, 10:27 am

Last nights backstage = fucking hilarious!

Props to Malky for inventing the best drink ever!
Hobbsy
Administrator

http://www.facebook.com/JamesHobbs182

Back to top Go down

Post by Bess on Thu 22 Mar 2012, 8:46 pm

What time are folk getting to LDN tomorrow? Is everyone staying in the Fulham TLodge?
Bess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top