Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by Jess on Thu 12 Jan 2012, 8:03 am

warnerbro wrote:
Jess wrote:07896818123, if anyone fancies predrinks head to my flat. it's a bus ride from kingston town centre and (if you don't have a travelcard or oyster) it'll cost you £2.20.
just ring me before you come so i know and make sure it's in the afternoon, i'm gonna be in my studio all morning painting an tings

Fucking hipster.
HAHA. HA. shut up warner or you're sleeping in the flooded bathroom with the door barred shut
avatar
Jess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 25
Location : London

http://www.facebook.com/jessmelling

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by warnerbro on Thu 12 Jan 2012, 8:13 am

Jess wrote:
warnerbro wrote:
Jess wrote:07896818123, if anyone fancies predrinks head to my flat. it's a bus ride from kingston town centre and (if you don't have a travelcard or oyster) it'll cost you £2.20.
just ring me before you come so i know and make sure it's in the afternoon, i'm gonna be in my studio all morning painting an tings

Fucking hipster.
HAHA. HA. shut up warner or you're sleeping in the flooded bathroom with the door barred shut

Can't wait to use that 1cm squared shower again TBH.
avatar
warnerbro
Buzzer

Age : 27
Location : Leicester

http://www.facebook.com/warnerbro

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by ChumbaWumba on Thu 12 Jan 2012, 8:15 am

Someones giving away two tickets to the Borderline, I asked if I could have them like an hour ago and the person hasn't emailed me them or replied.

I just got an email saying I won through the ES store competition, knew ordering that extra LP was a good idea!! I just came... multiple times.

Joe had first dibs in the event I won though i'm afraid so other ticket's taken.

avatar
ChumbaWumba
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 25
Location : Hull/ Wolverhampton

http://www.facebook.com/absolutelucidity

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by Bess on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 2:45 am

Anyone know if the Hippodrome is going to be open after the show, like for a normal club night or whatever?
avatar
Bess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 28
Location : Suffolk

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=646880048&r

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by orwellaintdead on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 2:52 am

ChumbaWumba wrote:Someones giving away two tickets to the Borderline, I asked if I could have them like an hour ago and the person hasn't emailed me them or replied.

I just got an email saying I won through the ES store competition, knew ordering that extra LP was a good idea!! I just came... multiple times.

Joe had first dibs in the event I won though i'm afraid so other ticket's taken.



Congrats. My girlfriend bought me a bundle and LP pre-orders for Christmas, so fingers crossed! AHHHH. Wish me luck.
Edit: (She won't be home from college until half 8 to be able to check her email so a few strenuous hours of wait for me!)
avatar
orwellaintdead
We Can Breathe In Space

Age : 25
Location : Banbury/Norwich

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by blissof89 on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 4:48 am

Right, Norwich matey, completetly forgot to do this last night, my bad.

If you can get to Diss (20 minutes on the train, £4.50 with a railcard, driving to Norwich first would add another 40 miles to my journey) and gimme like, £20 as you're only coming one way, for petrol I'll drive. Could save myself some money and get the bus but its gonna take longer, I fucking hate buses, I can smoke in my car and we can blast AFFOC on the way there.

I've gotta leave in the morning sometime though as I'm seeing a friend in Norwich that day. He actually lives in London, the first time I'm there in months and hes back in Norwich for a few days, fuck sake.
avatar
blissof89
Step Up

Age : 28
Location : Norwich, Norfolk

http://www.facebook.com/blissof89

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by Jed on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 4:50 am

I'm getting in with 4 of my mates at about quarter to 3 at Victoria. Gonna make our way to Kingston, check it at Kingston Ctrl then I'm up for whatever. Free all day Wednesday so can either do something or I'll go explore Central LDN for the day. If anybody wants my number just PM/DM me on Twitter/Facebook (not here cos I'm fucking wank at checking my inbox!).

EDIT: This is just for Kingston btw, not doing Camden or Leeds!
avatar
Jed
Moderator

Age : 23
Location : Mynydd Isa/Cardiff

http://www.facebook.com/JedJedJed

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by Pete on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 5:20 am

I'll be rolling in at 1.30 in kingston if anyones around then?
avatar
Pete
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 26
Location : Nawtingham

http://www.myspace.com/wewerefriendsuk

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by orwellaintdead on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 5:34 am

blissof89 wrote:Right, Norwich matey, completetly forgot to do this last night, my bad.

If you can get to Diss (20 minutes on the train, £4.50 with a railcard, driving to Norwich first would add another 40 miles to my journey) and gimme like, £20 as you're only coming one way, for petrol I'll drive. Could save myself some money and get the bus but its gonna take longer, I fucking hate buses, I can smoke in my car and we can blast AFFOC on the way there.

I've gotta leave in the morning sometime though as I'm seeing a friend in Norwich that day. He actually lives in London, the first time I'm there in months and hes back in Norwich for a few days, fuck sake.

Sorry mate, but I can't afford, and spend, £25 more when I've already got travel sorted. If it was a bit cheaper then I could consider it. But in fairness I am a skint student. Really sorry
avatar
orwellaintdead
We Can Breathe In Space

Age : 25
Location : Banbury/Norwich

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by naroh on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 5:42 am

Pete wrote:I'll be rolling in at 1.30 in kingston if anyones around then?
There's an infinitely more interesting City about 3/4 miles away from Kingston...much better place to kill some time Wink

For anyone travelling to Kingston via London, there're very frequent trains from Waterloo (Central London, very accessible by bus/tube/everything else) throughout the day up until 1am most night. It's about 20-40mins to Kingston, depending on how many stops the journey has. Very cheap on Oyster card too, don't fuss about pre-booking tickets and whatnot.
avatar
naroh
Hybryd


Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by blissof89 on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 5:45 am

Thats cool man, I know how it is. I might see if I can find anyone else from around here on Facebook or something thats need to sort travel and fill the car to make it cheaper. I would do it for less if I could but even at that its still costing me quite a lot. You're still more than welcome to crash if you need to though man, and come meet us obviously.





What time you getting the bus? Haha
avatar
blissof89
Step Up

Age : 28
Location : Norwich, Norfolk

http://www.facebook.com/blissof89

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by Dodson on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 5:48 am

Can someone tell me, as i've heard tell of them, what the fuck is an oyster card haha?
avatar
Dodson
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 23
Location : Newcastle

http://www.facebook.com/jack.f.tait

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by ChumbaWumba on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 5:51 am

Dodson wrote:Can someone tell me, as i've heard tell of them, what the fuck is an oyster card haha?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What%27s+an+oyster+card%3F
avatar
ChumbaWumba
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 25
Location : Hull/ Wolverhampton

http://www.facebook.com/absolutelucidity

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by orwellaintdead on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 5:59 am

blissof89 wrote:Thats cool man, I know how it is. I might see if I can find anyone else from around here on Facebook or something thats need to sort travel and fill the car to make it cheaper. I would do it for less if I could but even at that its still costing me quite a lot. You're still more than welcome to crash if you need to though man, and come meet us obviously.

What time you getting the bus? Haha


Cheers. I am getting the 355pm from UEA, which is due to get into Victoria Coach Station at 655, so I hope to get the 1912 or 1927 from Waterloo to Kingston. So should be at the venue around 745/8pm. Will everyone be there by then orr?
avatar
orwellaintdead
We Can Breathe In Space

Age : 25
Location : Banbury/Norwich

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by Dodson on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 6:03 am

ChumbaWumba wrote:
Dodson wrote:Can someone tell me, as i've heard tell of them, what the fuck is an oyster card haha?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What%27s+an+oyster+card%3F

Googled it straight after, was just a knee-jerk reflex to ask Wink
avatar
Dodson
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 23
Location : Newcastle

http://www.facebook.com/jack.f.tait

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by naroh on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 6:17 am

ChumbaWumba wrote:
Dodson wrote:Can someone tell me, as i've heard tell of them, what the fuck is an oyster card haha?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What%27s+an+oyster+card%3F
I like this man.
avatar
naroh
Hybryd


Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by Jess on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 7:49 am

il be hanging around kingston until about 1/2, if anyone is there with nothing to do feel free to come back to my flat or something (free bus and that..).
avatar
Jess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 25
Location : London

http://www.facebook.com/jessmelling

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by blissof89 on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 8:07 am

orwellaintdead wrote:
blissof89 wrote:Thats cool man, I know how it is. I might see if I can find anyone else from around here on Facebook or something thats need to sort travel and fill the car to make it cheaper. I would do it for less if I could but even at that its still costing me quite a lot. You're still more than welcome to crash if you need to though man, and come meet us obviously.

What time you getting the bus? Haha


Cheers. I am getting the 355pm from UEA, which is due to get into Victoria Coach Station at 655, so I hope to get the 1912 or 1927 from Waterloo to Kingston. So should be at the venue around 745/8pm. Will everyone be there by then orr?

I dunno man, add me on FB and I'll keep you updated http://www.facebook.com/blissof89

Looks like I'm getting the train. Fuck buses and getting there at 8pm, I'd rather put a dent in my pocket.
avatar
blissof89
Step Up

Age : 28
Location : Norwich, Norfolk

http://www.facebook.com/blissof89

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by Jess on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 8:41 am

Bess wrote:Anyone know if the Hippodrome is going to be open after the show, like for a normal club night or whatever?
it usually is, though i've only ever been on a thursday. gigs usually end around 11 and then they play normal music till about 3
avatar
Jess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 25
Location : London

http://www.facebook.com/jessmelling

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by kappa99 on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 11:16 am

Jed wrote:I'm getting in with 4 of my mates at about quarter to 3 at Victoria. Gonna make our way to Kingston, check it at Kingston Ctrl then I'm up for whatever. Free all day Wednesday so can either do something or I'll go explore Central LDN for the day. If anybody wants my number just PM/DM me on Twitter/Facebook (not here cos I'm fucking wank at checking my inbox!).

EDIT: This is just for Kingston btw, not doing Camden or Leeds!
I may meet you depending on how organised I am, i'll be heading back to Camden at lunch to the blues kitchen for a bit then heading out to Kingston.

naroh wrote:
Pete wrote:I'll be rolling in at 1.30 in kingston if anyones around then?
There's an infinitely more interesting City about 3/4 miles away from Kingston...much better place to kill some time Wink

For anyone travelling to Kingston via London, there're very frequent trains from Waterloo (Central London, very accessible by bus/tube/everything else) throughout the day up until 1am most night. It's about 20-40mins to Kingston, depending on how many stops the journey has. Very cheap on Oyster card too, don't fuss about pre-booking tickets and whatnot.

So i can use my oyster on the national rail to Kingston? How much compared to a normal ticket with a YP card?
avatar
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Location : Scotland

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by Jess on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 10:40 pm

you can somehow connect your YP with an oyster, i haven't done it yet myself but many of my friends have. it's WAY cheaper.
and you can use your oyster from waterloo to surbiton and kingston. it just depends what zone it's in cost wise, but if you check on the website it should all be there. (looking into the YP/oyster thing too)
avatar
Jess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 25
Location : London

http://www.facebook.com/jessmelling

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by Jed on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 10:50 pm

Dunno whether it's worth me getting an Oyster card, especially seeing as the gig is like, very soon, got a railcard anyway.. not sure if that's any different in London.
avatar
Jed
Moderator

Age : 23
Location : Mynydd Isa/Cardiff

http://www.facebook.com/JedJedJed

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by kappa99 on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 10:53 pm

Jess wrote:you can somehow connect your YP with an oyster, i haven't done it yet myself but many of my friends have. it's WAY cheaper.
and you can use your oyster from waterloo to surbiton and kingston. it just depends what zone it's in cost wise, but if you check on the website it should all be there. (looking into the YP/oyster thing too)

A single fare with my YP is £5 ish. What is it with my oyster? Provided I can find the fuckin thing, havent used it in a few months.
avatar
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Location : Scotland

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by joebarnes on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 10:58 pm

I think the most you can spend on an Oyster card is £6 as it just upgrades it to like an all zones travel card.
avatar
joebarnes
Jonny Sniper

Age : 25
Location : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by kappa99 on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 11:16 pm

Yeah its £11.60 off peak is the max. Ive worked it out, by using oyster and getting YP loaded on to my card, itl cost me £4.60 to use the tube to camden then waterloo then surbiton, the train alone from Waterloo to Surbiton is £4 before I count my underground travel.
Decent.
avatar
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Location : Scotland

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Camden Jan 16th , Kingston Jan 17th

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum