US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by mcfly88 on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 12:48 am

last night was amazing Smile pumped they finally played a decent venue here. the sound was so good, was nice to see one of the triangle lights as well. the setlist was exactly the same as what its been in europe; except instead of quelle they played sorry you're not a winner (ha to which Rou joked they forced him to play). No zzzonked, oh and Will they played RTE, the intro was amazing.

The drummer did a really good job, he only messed up during juggernauts. Honestly though, I didnt even notice; the band was just giving him a hard time about it. Just a heads up get there early! said doors were 7 (show 8..) I got there a little before 9 and ES were already setting up. Shirts were $20, got a "live bootleg 3.1" as well. slightly bumemd when I found it was a DVD though. Lastly about Rob they said something to the effect of "Before Rob wasnt allowed here cause he was a naughty boy, except this time he was a good boy; but didnt recieve his visa" ha.

Not sure if this different in the UK, but people in the US dont know what to do with ES's electronic parts. During songs like the jester, they push eachother instead of dancing.. my only complaint I guess. Also, apprently I shrunk or Boston fans are all giants.
avatar
mcfly88
Sorry You're Not A Winner

Age : 29
Location : Boston

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by Malky on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:28 am

We all do jumpstyle and ballroom dancing in the electronics.
avatar
Malky
Moderator

Age : 26
Location : Ayr/Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by orwellaintdead on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:53 am

mcfly88 wrote:except instead of quelle they played sorry you're not a winner (ha to which Rou joked they forced him to play)
avatar
orwellaintdead
We Can Breathe In Space

Age : 25
Location : Banbury/Norwich

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by PARSLEYtheLI0N on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:54 am

Malky wrote:We all do jumpstyle and ballroom dancing in the electronics.

Ballroom dancing = yes.

As for jumpstyle i didn't even know what that was until you put it on here, i googled it, and it seems that's how i've been dancing like a brute when drunk for the last few years . . . i don't know whether to feel proud or ashamed.
avatar
PARSLEYtheLI0N
Anything Can Happen

Age : 22
Location : Lincolnshire

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by ChumbaWumba on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:53 am

Nice improv on the drums from Munksta
avatar
ChumbaWumba
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 26
Location : Hull/ Wolverhampton

http://www.facebook.com/absolutelucidity

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by will on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 4:37 am

Honestly bummed that there's no Fanfare or Constellations. I thought this was going to finally be the tour that they'd do one of them for us. Other than that I have no complaints about the setlist!
avatar
will
Buzzer

Age : 24
Location : AMERICA FUCK YEAH!

http://facebook.com/thisfrozenlandscape

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by mcfly88 on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:21 am

pretty disappointed with the shirt I got, feels really cheap. also, is incredibly short and wide (looks odd).


Last edited by mcfly88 on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
mcfly88
Sorry You're Not A Winner

Age : 29
Location : Boston

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by will on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:26 am

mcfly88 wrote:pretty disappointed with the shirt I got, feels really cheap. also is incredibly short and wide (looks odd).

Which one? I got the crowd surf shirt last show and it fits like crap after a few washes. I never wear it now. Did they have wristbands with the new font?
avatar
will
Buzzer

Age : 24
Location : AMERICA FUCK YEAH!

http://facebook.com/thisfrozenlandscape

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by mcfly88 on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:36 am

Its a white shirt and has the flash flood cover in black; its all like chopped up. Shame, I really like the shirt a lot.. but haha it so wide, it honestly looks like im wearing a dress. the shirts from merchnow fit perfectly, prob just stick with those. they had wristbands, but honestly I cant remember what they looked like (fairly certain they were black). Also, had live from planet earth dvds (just comes in one of those paper jackets). came free with a shirt and I think if you bought AFFOC.
avatar
mcfly88
Sorry You're Not A Winner

Age : 29
Location : Boston

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by leeburgess on Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:50 am

what brand is the shirt?

it'll be the merch companys decision to use that brand.


as for Rob, well, they were clearing his visa of all charges, said it'd take a few extra days (over a month ago) and it still hasn't been sorted.

all to make it easier for him to travel from now onwards.
so stressful!
avatar
leeburgess
Buzzer

Age : 27
Location : Burnley, Lancashire

http://www.facebook.com/leejamesburgess

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by aprilMCC on Sat 07 Apr 2012, 9:46 am

leeburgess wrote:what brand is the shirt?

it'll be the merch companys decision to use that brand.


as for Rob, well, they were clearing his visa of all charges, said it'd take a few extra days (over a month ago) and it still hasn't been sorted.

all to make it easier for him to travel from now onwards.
so stressful!
I assume this means he wont be able to make it for the show in MTL then. Good luck to him then, hope this gets sorted soon!
avatar
aprilMCC
Come Join The Feast

Age : 24
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by will on Sun 08 Apr 2012, 5:05 am

aprilMCC wrote:I assume this means he wont be able to make it for the show in MTL then. Good luck to him then, hope this gets sorted soon!
I don't think it's looking good for either of us. Hopefully everything gets sorted out for good though.
avatar
will
Buzzer

Age : 24
Location : AMERICA FUCK YEAH!

http://facebook.com/thisfrozenlandscape

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by tommygrhcp on Sun 08 Apr 2012, 5:23 am

haha, i just did a search for jumpstyle too, thanks malky! the germans bloody love it.
avatar
tommygrhcp
Anything Can Happen

Age : 28
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by aprilMCC on Mon 09 Apr 2012, 12:42 pm

Concert was awesome, as usual. I ended up going by myself because my "friend" decided to dip out last minute. Oh well, I had an awesome time regardless. Scored me the set list as a souvenir too! Only wish they had played Tyrannosaurus instead of some of the older songs. Sad

I also have a new found respect for Roger now, learning the whole set in two days. The person who was originally suppose to be substituting for Rob couldn't get into Canada, so he stepped in for him. Mans got skills.
avatar
aprilMCC
Come Join The Feast

Age : 24
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by mcfly88 on Mon 09 Apr 2012, 12:48 pm

aprilMCC wrote:Concert was awesome, as usual. I ended up going by myself because my "friend" decided to dip out last minute. Oh well, I had an awesome time regardless. Scored me the set list as a souvenir too! Only wish they had played Tyrannosaurus instead of some of the older songs. Sad

I also have a new found respect for Roger now, learning the whole set in two days. The person who was originally suppose to be substituting for Rob couldn't get into Canada, so he stepped in for him. Mans got skills.
what was the setlist? im guessing he didnt get a chance to learn it. too be honest, I could have done without tyranno (least favorite off the album).
avatar
mcfly88
Sorry You're Not A Winner

Age : 29
Location : Boston

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by aprilMCC on Mon 09 Apr 2012, 12:54 pm

mcfly88 wrote:
aprilMCC wrote:Concert was awesome, as usual. I ended up going by myself because my "friend" decided to dip out last minute. Oh well, I had an awesome time regardless. Scored me the set list as a souvenir too! Only wish they had played Tyrannosaurus instead of some of the older songs. Sad

I also have a new found respect for Roger now, learning the whole set in two days. The person who was originally suppose to be substituting for Rob couldn't get into Canada, so he stepped in for him. Mans got skills.
what was the setlist? im guessing he didnt get a chance to learn it. too be honest, I could have done without tyranno (least favorite off the album).
System/Meltdown
The Feast
Gandhi
SYNAW
Havoc B
Destabilise
Mothership
Searchparty
Juggernauts
AWT
Stand your ground
ES
Encore was Solidarity and SSSnakepit.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. Thats why I'm not too gutted. I mean, the fact that he learnt all those in that amount of time is an accomplishment in itself!
Ahh Tyrrano is my favorite off the album to be honest, haha.
avatar
aprilMCC
Come Join The Feast

Age : 24
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by will on Mon 09 Apr 2012, 1:27 pm

I've never seen a band have so many passport issues than Shikari. I mean, they really do have a reason to hate national boundaries! haha
avatar
will
Buzzer

Age : 24
Location : AMERICA FUCK YEAH!

http://facebook.com/thisfrozenlandscape

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by mcfly88 on Mon 09 Apr 2012, 1:38 pm

ahh so it actually turned out pretty good then. only difference is they didnt play the jester, tyranno, stalemate and RTE (which for the amount of time he had, is still really good). atleast you got to hear solidarity though! idk, I like the chorus in tyranno a lot.. but the verses just seem boring to me.
avatar
mcfly88
Sorry You're Not A Winner

Age : 29
Location : Boston

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by aprilMCC on Mon 09 Apr 2012, 2:10 pm

mcfly88 wrote:ahh so it actually turned out pretty good then. only difference is they didnt play the jester, tyranno, stalemate and RTE (which for the amount of time he had, is still really good). atleast you got to hear solidarity though! idk, I like the chorus in tyranno a lot.. but the verses just seem boring to me.
Yeah it did! I honestly can't complain. Sure I was looking forward to hearing some of the newer stuff but that may be the last time we hear some of those songs so it was a good way to say goodbye to some of the older work. Smile

Meh, I like the whole song. Breakdowns the best part though haha.
avatar
aprilMCC
Come Join The Feast

Age : 24
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by will on Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:34 am

They're not playing Stalemate every day of tour and that's just not okay.
avatar
will
Buzzer

Age : 24
Location : AMERICA FUCK YEAH!

http://facebook.com/thisfrozenlandscape

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by ChumbaWumba on Wed 11 Apr 2012, 1:46 am

will wrote:They're not playing Stalemate every day of tour and that's just not okay.

Time constraints probably
avatar
ChumbaWumba
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 26
Location : Hull/ Wolverhampton

http://www.facebook.com/absolutelucidity

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by will on Wed 11 Apr 2012, 2:15 am

ChumbaWumba wrote:
will wrote:They're not playing Stalemate every day of tour and that's just not okay.

Time constraints probably

All ages shows here have to end at 11 so that'll probably happen for us too haha.
avatar
will
Buzzer

Age : 24
Location : AMERICA FUCK YEAH!

http://facebook.com/thisfrozenlandscape

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by aprilMCC on Wed 11 Apr 2012, 5:42 am

will wrote:
ChumbaWumba wrote:
will wrote:They're not playing Stalemate every day of tour and that's just not okay.

Time constraints probably

All ages shows here have to end at 11 so that'll probably happen for us too haha.

Haha the show I went to ended at nine thirty. Sad.
avatar
aprilMCC
Come Join The Feast

Age : 24
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by leeburgess on Wed 11 Apr 2012, 11:59 am

some shows have local openers, some don't, that's maybe an issue.
avatar
leeburgess
Buzzer

Age : 27
Location : Burnley, Lancashire

http://www.facebook.com/leejamesburgess

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by mcfly88 on Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:04 pm

I literally got in the venue like 15 mins before they went on. Me and my friends were about to go to a bar, glad we didnt! Will I really hope you get to hear stalemate and RTE. stalemate sounded so ridiculous live, I cant even explain. What they did to RTE is amazing... The intro honestly almost made me shit myself. Also, they've been using a different guy for the Canadian dates, could be why.. or maybe they dislike Canada Razz
avatar
mcfly88
Sorry You're Not A Winner

Age : 29
Location : Boston

Back to top Go down

Re: US HEADLINE TOUR 2012

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum