The King Blues break up.

:: GENERAL FORUMS :: News

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The King Blues break up.

Post by will on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 3:37 am

It is with great sadness and very heavy hearts that we must inform you, that as of today The King Blues are no more.

We are all immensely proud of our body of work. We will be releasing the last The King Blues album entitled ‘Long Live The Struggle’ as the final chapter. The album will be released in early July 2012

We simply feel we have taken things as far as they can go and it would be unfair on you if we were to go through the motions like so many other artists do. We all believe strongly in what The King Blues stands for.

Can we take this opportunity to thank you all so much for your support, love and passion down the years.

long live the struggle

in solidarity,

The King Blues

http://www.facebook.com/thekingblues/posts/10150649983668226
will
Buzzer

http://facebook.com/thisfrozenlandscape

Back to top Go down

Re: The King Blues break up.

Post by blissof89 on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 3:48 am

I can honestly say I was more upset the first time I listened to Punk & Poetry than I am on hearing this news. They went from being one of the best up and coming British bands to just awful so quickly.

For the best if you ask me.
blissof89
Step Up

http://www.facebook.com/blissof89

Back to top Go down

Post by orwellaintdead on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 3:51 am

So gutted at this. Even though most people seem to disregard P&P, I quite enjoyed it. Save the World is probably one of my favourite albums, and they're one of the first bands me and my gf saw live together :/
orwellaintdead
We Can Breathe In Space

Back to top Go down

Post by blissof89 on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 3:52 am

Is Itch doing a solo album or something?
blissof89
Step Up

http://www.facebook.com/blissof89

Back to top Go down

Post by orwellaintdead on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 3:56 am

blissof89 wrote:Is Itch doing a solo album or something?
He has recorded one, yes. Guessing it's the main reason behind the break up.
orwellaintdead
We Can Breathe In Space

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppins on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 4:31 am

Bit gutted about this, to be quite honest, and I fucking loved Punk and Poetry.
Poppins
Return To Energiser

Back to top Go down

Post by orwellaintdead on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 5:50 am

Itch tweeted, among other things:
there will be no more gigs. the final chapter "LONG LIVE THE STRUGGLE" will be released 2nd July.
Link
orwellaintdead
We Can Breathe In Space

Back to top Go down

Post by will on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:45 am

I'm really sad about this solely because of the fact I never saw them live. They played one show in America, and it was 2000 miles away. I would have gone with a friend if it were during the summer where I would actually have time to stay there. They were a great band in my opinion. As much as everyone hated it, Holiday was one of my favorite tracks. Itch is an amazing lyri writer as well. My best guess for why they broke up was probably simply that there's been so many lineup changes that The King Blues just weren't the same band anymore. They strayed too far from their roots. Unless it is about this..

I read a blog about Itch that was said to be his ex-girlfriend. It's pretty crazy to think he would do stuff like that, but i'm not sure whether it's actually true or not. I can't find proof that the ex-girlfriend wrote it. Yeah, if it's true that sucks for everyone. But here, it's really long so enjoy! haha

http://scarletfoxx.tumblr.com/post/20280882521/the-danger-of-worshipping-false-idols-the-fall-of
will
Buzzer

http://facebook.com/thisfrozenlandscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 8:15 am

will wrote:I read a blog about Itch that was said to be his ex-girlfriend. It's pretty crazy to think he would do stuff like that, but i'm not sure whether it's actually true or not. I can't find proof that the ex-girlfriend wrote it. Yeah, if it's true that sucks for everyone. But here, it's really long so enjoy! haha

http://scarletfoxx.tumblr.com/post/20280882521/the-danger-of-worshipping-false-idols-the-fall-of
That blog is even worst than the one from Fruitbag.

Seems a shame there's not a final tour. Makes me wonder what the point of the final album is if they don't want to be together any more or want to play the music they're currently making.
Zoe
Return To Energiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Skully on Tue 10 Apr 2012, 2:34 am

Zoe wrote:
will wrote:I read a blog about Itch that was said to be his ex-girlfriend. It's pretty crazy to think he would do stuff like that, but i'm not sure whether it's actually true or not. I can't find proof that the ex-girlfriend wrote it. Yeah, if it's true that sucks for everyone. But here, it's really long so enjoy! haha

That blog is even worst than the one from Fruitbag.

Seems a shame there's not a final tour. Makes me wonder what the point of the final album is if they don't want to be together any more or want to play the music they're currently making.

I'm good mates with Fruitbag aka mike Maurice. Everything he said about Itch was 100% true.
I've met itch a few times and he has always come across as a complete arrogant twat.

Can't say I'm sad about this. They lost it when they ditched the old lineup. You could never get the chemistry with anyone else
Skully
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kappa99 on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:19 pm

Own. fault.
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jed on Fri 20 Apr 2012, 11:20 pm

I heard him chatting outside a pub in Preston and didn't really like the impression he gave me, but maybe he's a nice guy, who am I to judge. Their music was alright, I liked a few of their songs but they weren't entirely my thing.
Jed

http://www.facebook.com/JedJedJed

Back to top Go down

Post by orwellaintdead on Fri 15 Jun 2012, 6:40 am

This makes me sad. Fingers crossed Jamie Jazz's new band, Former Lovers, put out something better.
orwellaintdead
We Can Breathe In Space

Back to top Go down

Post by Nia on Tue 03 Jul 2012, 2:30 am

Itch did an interview in Rocksound, can't remember whether it was this month or last month. The break-up was inevitable, it seems.
Nia
Jonny Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Skully on Wed 01 Aug 2012, 1:01 am

will wrote:I'm really sad about this solely because of the fact I never saw them live. They played one show in America, and it was 2000 miles away. I would have gone with a friend if it were during the summer where I would actually have time to stay there. They were a great band in my opinion. As much as everyone hated it, Holiday was one of my favorite tracks. Itch is an amazing lyri writer as well. My best guess for why they broke up was probably simply that there's been so many lineup changes that The King Blues just weren't the same band anymore. They strayed too far from their roots. Unless it is about this..

I read a blog about Itch that was said to be his ex-girlfriend. It's pretty crazy to think he would do stuff like that, but i'm not sure whether it's actually true or not. I can't find proof that the ex-girlfriend wrote it. Yeah, if it's true that sucks for everyone. But here, it's really long so enjoy! haha

Itch's response to a libelous and defamatory post about him on tumblr

"in response to a horrific post about me on tumblr that seems to have been circulated i would like to say the following:

when couples break up, occasionally things get messy. Facts get bent and in some cases, complete and utter lies are told.

I'm not here to get into a public slanging match, that's just not my style. I was hoping it would all simply blow over but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have done that so I'd like to at least defend myself. I could go into an all out attack and start hanging dirty laundry in public, but I have no interest in doing so.
i split up with the author of this piece over 7 months ago. Since then she's accused me of cheating on her- a hard thing to do when you are not together!
She claims I did not make contact with my son when I was in LA earlier this year, again, complete nonsense, anyone who follows my instagram can even see photos of him and me in Disneyland- therefore I flew him out to see me and we had a great time together.
I'm then accused of not paying for my son- I have bank statements which can prove I pay WAY more than I am expected to- triple the amount in fact and have paid on the month, every month.
It is then claimed that I rarely paid rent and bills when we were together- again, just complete nonsense and I have the bank statements to prove it. It is claimed she had to work till 8 months pregnant etc to pay the rent, that's simply not the case, she insisted on working until she couldn't and there's not much I can do to stop someone if they want to do something. It then suggests that she couldn't afford to eat while I ignored her pleas. To say this is beyond bullshit would be an understatement.
It is true that I didn't go to every hospital appointment and scan- I went to every single one when I was home, but being a touring musician means being away from home sometimes. It then says that I claimed the baby wasn't mine- utter bullshit. Anyone who is friends with me on Facebook will see all the photos I post of him and how damn proud I am of that boy.
To claim I didn't do the nightshifts with my son or get up with him in the morning is again, unfortunately, just a very bitter ex trying to slander me. Anyone who's seen me with my son knows what a great dad I am and how well I look after him. For the first 18 months of his life I pretty much didn't sleep at all until he started sleeping through the nights.
It then goes on to claim that I insisted we move to her hometown of Liverpool- somewhere I have no roots- and stopped her from dancing, doing promo work etc. It's actually ridiculous how untrue this is. I encouraged her to work and still do, she chooses not to work because the amount of child support I choose to pay is so high, she quite frankly doesn't need to and it would get in the way of her monthly holidays.
She then goes on to claim that I didn't let her see her family. Wow! Why on earth would I stop someone seeing their family, when I've upped and moved so she can be close to them! She then claims I never visited her family, i'm not sure why she thought people would care about that, but again, it's untrue, there are many photos to prove this.

Now I could go into the many things that ARE true about the break up, but quite frankly, as I said i'm not interested in a public slanging match, especially as we broke up over 7 months ago! All I want to do is to defend myself and hope that one day, if my son happens to stumble upon what she wrote, he can also see that it isn't true.

It's merely the tales of a bitter ex who was hell bent on destroying my life. "
Skully
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by orwellaintdead on Wed 01 Aug 2012, 4:06 am

And why should Itch be believed? Jamie Jazz did a post saying that Itch used to kick him and in his ear call him a monkey and to perform etc.
orwellaintdead
We Can Breathe In Space

Back to top Go down

Post by Skully on Wed 01 Aug 2012, 7:51 am

orwellaintdead wrote:And why should Itch be believed? Jamie Jazz did a post saying that Itch used to kick him and in his ear call him a monkey and to perform etc.

link ?
Skully
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by orwellaintdead on Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:51 pm

I did have the link as I posted it to someone on facebook, but I went on it and he has deleted the post. Was about a month ago I think he posted it
orwellaintdead
We Can Breathe In Space

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top