WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by Evil Dead on Mon 18 May 2009, 10:59 am

"Pineapple friends"

what idiots they were, but entertained us while walking to the pier
avatar
Evil Dead
Anything Can Happen

Location : North London

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by kappa99 on Mon 18 May 2009, 10:46 pm

oh my god man,sounds like you all had a great time in my absence!still,iv been getting sunburnt and drinking loadsa wine in southern france (had a typical kappa moment on friday nite). Sat in a tiny airport now waiting for a flight. Part of me wishes i could do liverpool,but the game on sunday is too important. Anyone manage to hand out flyers?
avatar
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Location : Scotland

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by Connor on Tue 19 May 2009, 12:07 am

haha pineapple friends still not as good as
Roo Roo EPIC WIN

Connor
Buzzer

Age : 25
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by MikeyC on Tue 19 May 2009, 12:21 am

Falmouth last night was fucking brilliant! Everything about their set was amazing, was yet another reminder of why they're one of my favourite bands of all time, was easily the best time I've seen them as well.
Some dicklips was cutting open glowsticks and throwing the japanese cum all over the place right before Solidarity though, got some in my mouth and I just felt so dehydrated afterwards. Utterly killed myself during the breakdown in The Jester, god that song is amazing live, ended up legging it to the bar during the euphoric break in Juggernauts to get some water, my timing was poifect.
Rory didn't seem to be having too much luck mind, he pulled his hamstring or something I think before they even went on or during Solidarity, then the straplock on his guitar broke off halfway through The Feast, then when he switched to his other SG the wireless pack started making all these squealing noises haha that sorted itself out though. Chris ended up switching basses a couple times aswell.
Rob was bustin' out the Australian accent again (no Nerf Bawwl this time though) and proved to be a master of improv comedy; "An Englishman, a Scotsman and a Cornishman walk into a bar. Everyone laughs at the Cornish guy" followed by something like "I'm not really sure where I was going with that one", before they played Hectic Rou went "So the Cornish stereotype is that you guys love cider" *crowd goes nuts* "Well you guys are gonna like this one".
Aw man it was just amazing, kind of annoyed I didn't end up getting tickets to another few shows seeing as I can actually afford to stalk E.S now haha you guys always sound like you have so much fun, but oh wellz, there's always next time.
Just realised what an essay this is, haha.
avatar
MikeyC
Return To Energiser

Age : 28
Location : St Cleer, Cornwall

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by Niamh on Tue 19 May 2009, 2:44 am

They played The Jester! You lucky git aha
avatar
Niamh
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 27
Location : SE9, Landan

http://www.facebook.com/NiamhF

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by kappa99 on Tue 19 May 2009, 10:24 am

AND THE FLOODGATES WILL OPEN












































YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
avatar
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Location : Scotland

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by Guest on Wed 20 May 2009, 5:56 am

Not in Coventry tonight, not going to Liverpool on Saturday. Fuck my life.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by Frankie on Wed 20 May 2009, 6:16 am

I'm gonna be near Coverntry on saturday, booooooo! Sad
avatar
Frankie
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 23
Location : Surrey

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=774535176&r

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by kappa99 on Wed 20 May 2009, 8:20 am

ACH tonight!!!ITS BACK!!!
avatar
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Location : Scotland

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by Connor on Wed 20 May 2009, 8:37 am

wish they played it at brighton Sad

Connor
Buzzer

Age : 25
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by MikeyC on Wed 20 May 2009, 8:45 am

They played ACH in Falmouth as well, was awesome cause I thought they'd only brought it back for Big Weekend, t'was very cool to see it live again.
avatar
MikeyC
Return To Energiser

Age : 28
Location : St Cleer, Cornwall

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by kappa99 on Wed 20 May 2009, 10:30 am

Ha!Im gona have to ask what shows its being played at in october!
avatar
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Location : Scotland

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by nicola.the.hunter on Wed 20 May 2009, 10:43 am

tonight was so good! One of the best times ive seen them Smile
avatar
nicola.the.hunter
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 26
Location : St Albans District

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by Pete on Wed 20 May 2009, 10:47 am

Rach wrote:Not in Coventry tonight, not going to Liverpool on Saturday. Fuck my life.
avatar
Pete
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 26
Location : Nawtingham

http://www.myspace.com/wewerefriendsuk

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by Bess on Wed 20 May 2009, 8:15 pm

I find it odd how they're playing songs they don't like any more (SYNAW, ACH) but have dropped faves like RTE and Labyrinth (and I suppose Mothership as well) which, as far as I'm aware, they still actually like?! I thought it was weird they played SYNAW in Brighton even though Rou said beforehand "we hate it, you hate it, but it's got to be done."

I'm glad everyone had fun in Coventry last night, I wish I could've been there!
avatar
Bess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 28
Location : Suffolk

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=646880048&r

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by Lambie on Wed 20 May 2009, 8:26 pm

THEY DROPPED RTE?!
avatar
Lambie
Return To Energiser

Age : 25
Location : Ipswich, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by Bess on Wed 20 May 2009, 8:38 pm

They didn't play it in Brighton, maybe they played it at the other shows though?! They didn't play it at Brixton GIAN either.
avatar
Bess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 28
Location : Suffolk

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=646880048&r

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by Connor on Thu 21 May 2009, 1:47 am

not going to Liverpool now Sad

Connor
Buzzer

Age : 25
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by Connor on Thu 21 May 2009, 1:49 am

they haven't dropped RTE they just didn't play it in Brighton

Connor
Buzzer

Age : 25
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by nicola.the.hunter on Thu 21 May 2009, 1:53 am

Bess wrote:I find it odd how they're playing songs they don't like any more (SYNAW, ACH) but have dropped faves like RTE and Labyrinth (and I suppose Mothership as well) which, as far as I'm aware, they still actually like?! I thought it was weird they played SYNAW in Brighton even though Rou said beforehand "we hate it, you hate it, but it's got to be done."

I'm glad everyone had fun in Coventry last night, I wish I could've been there!

When/where did they say they don't like ACH? It was played last night in coventry, they seemed happy to be playing it and the crowd seemed to enjoy it. I personally liked seeing it return to the set as it has been so long.

They didn't say anyhting last night about not liking synaw, but didn't seem all that enthusiastic either. The crowd went crazy for it, so clearly some people still like it.

Since when have RTE, Labyrinth and mothership been favs? They were saying 'mother shit' when there were mothership chants in brighton.
avatar
nicola.the.hunter
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 26
Location : St Albans District

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by Bess on Thu 21 May 2009, 2:16 am

nicola.the.hunter wrote:When/where did they say they don't like ACH? It was played last night in coventry, they seemed happy to be playing it and the crowd seemed to enjoy it. I personally liked seeing it return to the set as it has been so long.

They didn't say anyhting last night about not liking synaw, but didn't seem all that enthusiastic either. The crowd went crazy for it, so clearly some people still like it.

Since when have RTE, Labyrinth and mothership been favs? They were saying 'mother shit' when there were mothership chants in brighton.
On the old forum a lot of people kept going on about ES not liking ACH, I assumed they'd said it somewhere but maybe I'm wrong! And I personally love SYNAW, and like you said the crowd always goes mental, but if ES don't like it themselves then I'm not really sure why they play it when stuff like RTE gets just as good a reception as SYNAW (if not better). But I don't know, I wasn't having a go - I love all their songs so I'm happy whatever they play, I suppose I just don't like the thought of the guys feeling pressured into playing songs they're not too keen on themselves.

And I hate it when people shout for songs at shows - the band isn't going to play it just because some randomer in the crowd chants for it!
avatar
Bess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 28
Location : Suffolk

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=646880048&r

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by nicola.the.hunter on Thu 21 May 2009, 2:23 am

Bess wrote:
nicola.the.hunter wrote:When/where did they say they don't like ACH? It was played last night in coventry, they seemed happy to be playing it and the crowd seemed to enjoy it. I personally liked seeing it return to the set as it has been so long.

They didn't say anyhting last night about not liking synaw, but didn't seem all that enthusiastic either. The crowd went crazy for it, so clearly some people still like it.

Since when have RTE, Labyrinth and mothership been favs? They were saying 'mother shit' when there were mothership chants in brighton.
On the old forum a lot of people kept going on about ES not liking ACH, I assumed they'd said it somewhere but maybe I'm wrong! And I personally love SYNAW, and like you said the crowd always goes mental, but if ES don't like it themselves then I'm not really sure why they play it when stuff like RTE gets just as good a reception as SYNAW (if not better). But I don't know, I wasn't having a go - I love all their songs so I'm happy whatever they play, I suppose I just don't like the thought of the guys feeling pressured into playing songs they're not too keen on themselves.

And I hate it when people shout for songs at shows - the band isn't going to play it just because some randomer in the crowd chants for it!

Same, I wasn't having a go. Was just trying to get you to expand on what you said and adding what had happened last night.

I don't really like chants for songs either, although I like hearing the diff chants for the band to come back on. Last night it was 'and still we will be here standing like statues' so Rob walked back on stage and said 'and so will we'.

On a diff note, Rob had his own microphone head set thing last night which they had bought him. He was so excited about it, Chris kept saying he looked like Britney spears. While Rob borrowed Rory's mic to talk to the crowd as they came back on stage, Rory decided to go and steal the drums. Was very funny.
avatar
nicola.the.hunter
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 26
Location : St Albans District

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by Martin on Thu 21 May 2009, 2:26 am

Bess wrote:And I hate it when people shout for songs at shows - the band isn't going to play it just because some randomer in the crowd chants for it!

I've only ever seen one exception to this.

When I seen Bloc Party in January, they were gonna close on Mercury - and the setlist my mate got said that - but Kele said "we've got one more song for you", and the crowd starting shouting for Flux. They ditched Mercury and played Flux instead. Was great, cos I love Flux.
avatar
Martin
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 27
Location : Probably asleep in a hedge

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by Bess on Thu 21 May 2009, 2:30 am

^ Wow that's really sweet of the band to do that!

nicola.the.hunter wrote:I don't really like chants for songs either, although I like hearing the diff chants for the band to come back on. Last night it was 'and still we will be here standing like statues' so Rob walked back on stage and said 'and so will we'.

On a diff note, Rob had his own microphone head set thing last night which they had bought him. He was so excited about it, Chris kept saying he looked like Britney spears. While Rob borrowed Rory's mic to talk to the crowd as they came back on stage, Rory decided to go and steal the drums. Was very funny.
I love chants before a band comes on stage/during the break before the encore, and also when people start randomly singing some of the songs, I think it's wicked Very Happy But shouting for individual songs I think is daft because when the band ends up not playing them you'd feel a bit silly haha!

Hahaha aww that sounds funny!! I hope Rob keeps that mic headset for next tour, it sounds cute. Moments like that are awesome Smile


Last edited by Bess on Thu 21 May 2009, 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Bess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 28
Location : Suffolk

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=646880048&r

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by GeorgeMoshington on Thu 21 May 2009, 2:31 am

bmth did it in october.

crowd wanted traitorzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

dey gt it m8
avatar
GeorgeMoshington
Come Join The Feast

Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: WESTON / BRIGHTON / FALMOUTH / COVENTRY / WREXHAM / LIVERPOOL - MAY 09

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum