Video Games Thread

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Video Games Thread

Post by apap3rplat3 on Mon 01 Jun 2009, 5:31 pm

I'm someone who can't really be entertained by "fun" games that aren't like, serious. Like the Little Big Planet. Looks really fun, but the lack of story/good story may ruin it for me.
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1413049329&

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh_Maxwell on Mon 01 Jun 2009, 5:38 pm

I agree with that completely, I need depth to keep me playing, unless at a party with lots of friends.

A GREAT game for both depth and with friends is Sacred 2 for the PS3, it's single console multi-player and it's a sandbox game! Plus you can go online with lots of people. Also has some of the most beautiful graphics I have seen, very vibrant and amazing.
Josh_Maxwell
Sorry You're Not A Winner

http://www.myspace.com/anartistrendering

Back to top Go down

Post by blenky119 on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 5:03 am

See the only games that interest me on Ps3 are Little Big Planet and Noby Noby Boy. So one retail and one PSN game. Wheras There are tons of games out or coming out for xbox 360 that i want/have. Plus i prefer Xbox Live over PSN. Anyone checking out the Microsoft conference at E3 atm?
blenky119
Bearer Of Bad News

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeyC on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 5:31 am

The PS1 Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon games are the best ever.
MikeyC
Return To Energiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Malky on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 6:08 am

MikeyC wrote:The PS1 Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon games are the best ever.
You've obviously never played Power Diggerz then.
Malky

Back to top Go down

Post by apap3rplat3 on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 6:39 am

MikeyC wrote:The PS1 Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon games are the best ever.

yes sir.

Oh and, HALO 3: ODST IS GOING TO BE RELEASED ON SEPTEMBER 22, 2009!!!!!! IT LOOKS AWESOME!!! OH AND IF YOU BUY IT, YOU GET ACCESS TO THE NEW HALO: REACH MULTIPLAYER BETA!!!! HALO: REACH IS THE NEW HALO GAME GOING TO BE RELEASED IN "FALLS 2010" AND IT IS ALSO MADE BY BUNGIE!!!!!!
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 6:39 am

I wish I was at E3.

Back to top Go down

Post by apap3rplat3 on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 6:44 am

You can watch a live feed if you want. And yes, so do I. It looks so awesome! 40,000 nerds in one building. The place for me.
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 6:46 am

Nerd boys. <3

Back to top Go down

Post by apap3rplat3 on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 10:43 am

Mass Effect 2's trailer at E3 was amazing. Looking great. Dragon Age: Origins also looked amazing. 2009 and 2010 are looking like great years for Bioware. Oh and, EA must overtake the rat bastards at Activision for the #1 spot!!!!
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophiee on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 10:53 am

Charlieissocoollike is at E3.
I fancy him Very Happy
Sophiee
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.myspace.com/airguitarsuperstar92

Back to top Go down

Post by agua on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 11:26 am

super smash bros?
pokemon?
fire emblem?
final fantasy?
wild arms?
guilty gear?
done for now "D
agua
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.myspace.com/agua_1989

Back to top Go down

Post by Malky on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 12:06 pm

Can I take this moment to say that Halo is mediocre?
Malky

Back to top Go down

Post by agua on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 1:20 pm

only if you'll allow me to agree
agua
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by apap3rplat3 on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 3:38 pm

Malky wrote:Can I take this moment to say that Halo is mediocre?

No you may not. Thanks for asking though.

agua wrote:only if you'll allow me to agree

Illinois isn't that far away from Oklahoma. I will find you.

But now you have awaken the nerdy beast and will now receive a lecture on why Halo is the greatest game series of all time: Let's begin with the fact that Halo's universe is flawless. If there is an element to the universe that is not explained in the games, it is explained in one of the six books. The Halo series may be the only game series in which you can ask "Why is that?" and receive an answer, every time. If you want examples from other games, please ask because I will supply. But just to prove my point, let's have one example: In Gears of War, the Locust enemy knows English. This arises two questions: How did the Locust learn English? and If this takes place on Sera, not Earth, how did the people learn English? Good luck finding the answer. The best answer I've received is: "Dude, it's a game. It's not suppose to be thought-out." Let's take a look at Halo. The Covenant knows English. How could this be? Well let me tell you. Sometimes when it appears the Covenant are speaking English, they aren't. They are simply speaking in their native language and transmitting it as though if it were spoken in English. (They are able to make people interept it as English.) AND when they are actually speaking English it's because of the grunts. The grunts have are the translators of English and have learned the language by finding files that are in English and decrypting them. They then teach the higher races English. Should we look at story? Let's! Halo has the best story out of video games for multiple reasons: 1. It is thought out and everything is explained. 2. It is creative and original. 3. It's fucking awesome. Let's take a look at reason 1. Every event in the story arch is explained. Let's have an example: In Gears of War, the Locust horde comes from the ground (which poses so many questions) and attacks the citizens of Sera. Why? Never explained. And what's worse is they try to play it off as "it's a secret. No one knows." In Halo, a collection of Alien races known as the Covenant attacks Earth. Now why would they do such a thing? Well there are multiple reasons, but one of them is they need the humans to activate the Halo rings that are required for the completion of the Great Journey. The makers of the Halo weapons, the Forerunners, made it where only Humans can activate the Halo rings because they knew Humans were the only species that could logically decide when the firing of a ring was necassary. Another reason is the Covenant's three leaders, the Prophets of Regret, Mercy, and Truth, know that humanity is the only race that could stop them from starting the Great Journey so they must be destroyed. Now let's look at #2. True the plot line of "aliens attack Earth" is not very original but they way it is presented in the Halo series makes it very much so. The reason for most alien invasions is simply "the aliens hate humans." Not in Halo. The Covenant attacks Earth because they need humans to complete the Great Journey. The Great Journey is a main goal of the false religion created by the Prophets. Although they do not know it is false because they are demented enough to believe the lies they have created. They believe that once the Great Journey is completed, they will become Gods. That is what we call amazing creativity children. And finally #3. It's fucking awesome. Pretty self explanatory. Well that's enough for now but I have left out sooo much so don't act like this is all of what makes up Halo.

Now if your reasoning for not liking Halo is "I don't like sci-fi stories" or "I prefer modern, realistic settings, not futuristic ones" well then that's acceptable. Anything else can and will be debated.
I will be awaiting a response. Razz

Last edited by apap3rplat3 on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by agua on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 3:49 pm

why don't i like halo?
cause it's boring

flat out
and there's books?
that's stupid, i guess their game wasn't thought out enough so they had to write books to explain shit

and if the books are anything like the games, then they are presumably shit
toilet paper at best

never played gears, but why do they speak english?

so that we can hear the dialouge and not have to read subtitles?

shooting games are shit and require as much skill as you need to wipe your ass anyway
agua
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by apap3rplat3 on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 4:03 pm

agua wrote:why don't i like halo?
cause it's boring
I guess if you do not like shooters, then I can see why. Any other reason, no.

agua wrote:
and there's books?
that's stupid, i guess their game wasn't thought out enough so they had to write books to explain shit

and if the books are anything like the games, then they are presumably shit
toilet paper at best
I fail to see why having books is stupid. And actually no, it's quite the opposite. The games were thought out too much to be explained in the games, so they needed books to store the additional information. And you fail to mention why the Halo games are shit. And no, the books are a fantastic read.

agua wrote:
never played gears, but why do they speak english?

so that we can hear the dialouge and not have to read subtitles?
That is a lazy, uncreative developers response. It's like if when they were asked "Why do the Locust attack humans?" they answered "So you can kill them." That is not an answer. That is shit turned into letters.

agua wrote:
shooting games are shit and require as much skill as you need to wipe your ass anyway
Very interesting comment. OH, BUT WHERE IS YOUR REASONING?!?!?

Why do people insist on making statements without reasons? Did you see my post? It wasn't that big because I like to use big words. REASONS!

Last edited by apap3rplat3 on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : decided not to say THE FUCK but forgot to take out THE :))
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 5:27 pm

Halo is basically just the same thing over and over, but with different settings.
It's only fun when you play online and take the piss out of people.

Back to top Go down

Post by agua on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 6:07 pm

i don't need reasons
too much information to fit in the game?
where in the what now, 3rd gen
surely, next to the data of random alien guts they can fit in a lil extras nebu full of all that nonsensical blabber they couldn't somehow managa to get people shot in during

but microsoft and the vreators wanted to milk it since it was xbox's first big hit, i liked the first one mind you
but after playing the second one, every but was "we took your money, here's a crap story, and guess what, it continues, unless you couldn't tell by the obvious 'to be continued' end.'
they milked it

go play fable, it may've not had a fantastic story, but the gameplay was fantastic
agua
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by HappySailor69 on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 11:06 pm

xbox are set to make a big announcement last night/today at E3 hmmm
HappySailor69
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.captainjoshsparrow.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 03 Jun 2009, 1:13 am

agua wrote:
and there's books?

i might have read one of the books.
i might also have enjoyed it and gone on to read the rest of the series.
MIGHT.
Embarassed

currently playing: sonic the dark brotherhood. hannah montana the movie. sonic heroes.

favourite games ever: crash bandicoot warped. croc 2. halo 2. rainbow 6 vegas (didnt anyone play this? it was shweeet). and ANYTHING with sonic in. but you all knew that one anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by djflowz on Wed 03 Jun 2009, 2:18 am

halo is amazing man but so is gears of war
djflowz
Sorry You're Not A Winner

http://www.myspace.com/djflowz001

Back to top Go down

Post by agua on Wed 03 Jun 2009, 3:20 am

ZombieJosh wrote:xbox are set to make a big announcement last night/today at E3 hmmm

they're dropping out of the console war?
Very Happy

waiiittt, they're making a portable?
i wonder
agua
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by apap3rplat3 on Wed 03 Jun 2009, 3:50 am

Rach wrote:Halo is basically just the same thing over and over, but with different settings.
It's only fun when you play online and take the piss out of people.
Making fun of people online is incredibly fun, but as for the samething over and over with different settings, true-ish. Again, the story progresses but yes it is mainly just killing. But there is only ONE game that I can say the campaign had me doing different stuff every single mission and that's Dead Space.

agua wrote:i don't need reasons
too much information to fit in the game?
where in the what now, 3rd gen
surely, next to the data of random alien guts they can fit in a lil extras nebu full of all that nonsensical blabber they couldn't somehow managa to get people shot in during

but microsoft and the vreators wanted to milk it since it was xbox's first big hit, i liked the first one mind you
but after playing the second one, every but was "we took your money, here's a crap story, and guess what, it continues, unless you couldn't tell by the obvious 'to be continued' end.'
they milked it

go play fable, it may've not had a fantastic story, but the gameplay was fantastic

we are in the seventh generation. And by information I didn't mean computer code or whatever, I meant information about the universe, about the Covenant, that stuff. And it wouldn't have made any sense to include all the information during the game because you are experiencing it all through ONE person's point of view. It wouldn't make sense for him to somehow stumble upon all the information. And you must have had to very, very crappy attitude while playing the second one. Call of Duty is a series where you feel like they made it solely for the money and you got cheated. Not Halo. And Microsoft didn't have any input on the development of Halo. It is entirely Bungie's game and they made it the way they wanted to. And yes, you do need reasons. It's a very, very weak arguement to spit shit and not back it up. And Fable? The gameplay fantastic? LOL. It was a good game, but no.

And to Lottie, the books just might be really good eh?
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by blenky119 on Wed 03 Jun 2009, 4:08 am

Microsoft's E3 conference is currently raping the living shit out of nintendo's. Natal kills the wii's motion controller, even with motion plus.
Metal Gear Solid:Rising Is on 360 now, one less exclusive for sony fanboys to attempt to stir up a reponse.
More Halo ODST info, Turning more and more into rainbow six every day, and Halo:reach, set before the original trilogy.
Left 4 dead 2

nintendo so far announced a new mario game, went into more detail about balance board plus and motionplus, and some more shit no one cares about.

And agua, you just compared a mediocre at best rpg to a mediocre fps. They are not comparable. I do agree that halo is not the best game on xbox 360 at the moment though, The call of duty games just pip it for online experience, and Left 4 dead comes out on top overall. And yes i read the halo books, they were good sci-fi novels.
blenky119
Bearer Of Bad News

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top