Favorite Movie Quotes

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite Movie Quotes

Post by The Jester on Thu 23 Jul 2009, 5:11 am

Discuss and enjoy Wink

I'm gonna put my top 5 here. Don't feel obliged to do the same, you can just post quotes randomly if you want.

#5. Gordon Gekko, Wall Street.
Well, I appreciate the opportunity you're giving me Mr. Cromwell as the single largest shareholder in Teldar Paper, to speak. Well, ladies and gentlemen we're not here to indulge in fantasy but in political and economic reality. America, America has become a second-rate power. Its trade deficit and its fiscal deficit are at nightmare proportions. Now, in the days of the free market when our country was a top industrial power, there was accountability to the stockholder. The Carnegies, the Mellons, the men that built this great industrial empire, made sure of it because it was their money at stake.
Today, management has no stake in the company! All together, these men sitting up here own less than three percent of the company. And where does Mr. Cromwell put his million-dollar salary? Not in Teldar stock; he owns less than one percent. You own the company. That's right, you, the stockholder. And you are all being royally screwed over by these, these bureaucrats, with their luncheons, their hunting and fishing trips, their corporate jets and golden parachutes.
Teldar Paper, Mr. Cromwell, Teldar Paper has 33 different vice presidents each earning over 200 thousand dollars a year. Now, I have spent the last two months analyzing what all these guys do, and I still can't figure it out. One thing I do know is that our paper company lost 110 million dollars last year, and I'll bet that half of that was spent in all the paperwork going back and forth between all these vice presidents. The new law of evolution in corporate America seems to be survival of the unfittest. Well, in my book you either do it right or you get eliminated. In the last seven deals that I've been involved with, there were 2.5 million stockholders who have made a pretax profit of 12 billion dollars. *applaus*
Thank you. I am not a destroyer of companies. I am a liberator of them! The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind. And greed, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA. Thank you very much.

#4. V - V For Vendetta.
Good evening, London. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine- the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, thereby those important events of the past usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, a celebration of a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this November the 5th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat. There are of course those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. Last night I sought to end that silence. Last night I destroyed the Old Bailey, to remind this country of what it has forgotten. More than four hundred years ago a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you then I would suggest you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me one year from tonight, outside the gates of Parliament, and together we shall give them a fifth of November that shall never, ever be forgot.

Remember, rembember, the fifth of November. The gunpowder, treason, and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

#3. Tyler Durden - Fight Club.
Welcome to Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club! Third rule of Fight Club: if someone yells "stop!", goes limp, or taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule: the fights are bare knuckle. No shirt, no shoes, no weapons. Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight.

#2. Tyler Durden - Fight Club.
The things you own end up owning you.

#1. Martin Brody (and Sean Brody) - Jaws.
Martin: "Give us a kiss."
Sean: "Why?"
Martin: "'Cause I need it.”

I love that last one, my absolute number 1. Who's with me?
The Jester
Return To Energiser

http://twitter.com/mynameisthom

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Movie Quotes

Post by Bess on Sat 01 Aug 2009, 8:44 pm

The Full Monty has my favourite quotes in them. They don't even sound that funny written down! "I mean he's got no willy for starters. Nowt in a gym will help ya there, mate!" hahahaa.

I have loads more, I'll probably come in here randomly and post them when I think of them!
Bess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=646880048&r

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach on Sat 01 Aug 2009, 9:22 pm

Pretty much all of Superbad.

No you're not. No one's McLovin. McLovin's never existed because that's a made up dumb FUCKING FAIRY TALE NAME, YOU FUCK!
Rach
Zzzonked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess on Sat 01 Aug 2009, 10:58 pm

'i love you so much its retarded'
i think its from superbad Smile
Jess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.facebook.com/jessmelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach on Sat 01 Aug 2009, 11:09 pm

That's from Nick and Norah's Infinate Playlist Jess. Smile
Rach
Zzzonked

Back to top Go down

Post by apap3rplat3 on Sun 02 Aug 2009, 3:43 am

^^ I did not like that movie. I just don't really like Michael Cera. haha I only saw it cause it used a Modest Mouse song in it (and their name was at the beginning woot woot.)

But as for favorite quotes:

Sunshine
"For seven years I spoke with God. He told me to take us all to Heaven."
"I don't believe in God."
"Neither did I. But you'll find him. In the sunshine."

(I think he says "find" but it may be "see", my memory is a little fuzzy.)

Pulp Fiction
ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!?!?"

And pretty much the entire Team America movie. Some good ones are:
"It's me! It's me!"
"I think he's saying 'Kiss me! Kiss me!'"
"Smartass motherfucker!"

"Surprise cockfag!"

"A limo that turns into a jet? Now I have seen everything."
"Have you seen a man eat his own face?"
"No."
"Then you haven't seen everything. None of us have."

And of course Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead have great lines.

"'Sup niggas?" (Don't kill me for saying that, it was in the movie. It was just a really funny line.)

"Well what are we going to do? Sit in the dark and eat peanuts?"
(Short time later)
"Would anyone like, a peanut?"

"I threw him in the freezer."
"Did you say 'time to cool off'?"
"No."
"Shame."
"Although earlier when he was holding the monkey, I hit him over the head with a plant and said 'play time's over.'"
"You're off the motherfucking chain!"

hahahahaha I think Hot Fuzz may be my favorite comedy film ever. SotD is a close second though.
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1413049329&

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess on Sun 02 Aug 2009, 5:14 am

Rach wrote:That's from Nick and Norah's Infinate Playlist Jess. Smile

haha, OH!
nick and norahs infinate playlist is my favourite film Smile
Jess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola.the.hunter on Sun 02 Aug 2009, 5:41 am

"What an idiot!" Whenever I say it accidently I always think of harry potter, lol.
nicola.the.hunter
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by StandYourGround on Sun 02 Aug 2009, 5:58 am

"Bloody hell, Harry!" - Ron Very Happy

lmao.
StandYourGround
We Can Breathe In Space

http://www.last.fm/user/LD7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach on Sun 02 Aug 2009, 8:27 am

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist is such a cute film. It's like one of those perfect films you never want to end.
I love Michael Cera.
Rach
Zzzonked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess on Sun 02 Aug 2009, 8:34 am

Rach wrote:Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist is such a cute film. It's like one of those perfect films you never want to end.
I love Michael Cera.
Jess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach on Sun 02 Aug 2009, 8:40 am

We have such a good taste in men, Jess. Wink
Rach
Zzzonked

Back to top Go down

Post by Joely on Sun 02 Aug 2009, 8:43 am

A few from Zoolander.
Joely
The Lions Are At The Door

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess on Sun 02 Aug 2009, 8:44 am

Rach wrote:We have such a good taste in men, Jess. Wink

haha, thats two now isnt it?
michael cera and paolo nutini, or is there more? MMMMMMM Laughing
Jess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by apap3rplat3 on Sun 02 Aug 2009, 8:51 am

Just thought of another. Not from a movie, but Arrested Development. When Michael and Tobias are laying in bed and Tobias is thinking about selling his shares and Michael says "You cannot do that." "Why not? They're my shares." "No, I mean you cannot spoon me like that."

hahahahahaha I laughed so hard at that part. I really like Jason Bateman as an actor.
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1413049329&

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach on Sat 05 Sep 2009, 11:10 pm

I one from Step Brothers. I'm currently bumming this film and watching it every night.

"I'm not gonna call him dad."
"Brennan, you're 39 years old. I would not expect you to call him Dad."
"Well, I'm not going to, ever, even if there's a fire! Robert better not get in my face... because I'll drop that motherfucker."
Rach
Zzzonked

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott on Sat 05 Sep 2009, 11:23 pm

Why has nobody mentioned Anchorman? :S THEE film for quotes!

"I look goood, I mean really good. Hey everyone! Come see how good I look!"

"How're you? You look awfully nice tonight... Maybe don't wear a bra next time."

"I'M IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTION!"

"Oh, sorry Champ, I think I ate your chocolate squirrel."

"She is a total ball buster"
"Yeah, a real ice queen"
"Mmmm, I just burnt my tounge"

Love it haha.
Scott
The Lions Are At The Door

http://www.haioko.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess on Sun 06 Sep 2009, 12:09 am

Rach wrote:I one from Step Brothers. I'm currently bumming this film and watching it every night.

"Well, I'm not going to, ever, even if there's a fire! Robert better not get in my face... because I'll drop that motherfucker."
This makes me laugh EVERY time I watch step brothers. And your avatar Rach, well, ITS FAR TOO GOOD. LOVE IT.
Jess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Malky on Sun 06 Sep 2009, 12:18 am

Can I use TV quotes? I'm using TV quotes.

"Tobias: As you may or may not know, Lindsay and I have hit a bit of a rough patch.
Michael: Really? When did that start?
Tobias: Well, I don't want to blame it all on 9/11, but it certainly didn't help."

HA! Oh fuck you. Suck my Arrested Development.
Malky

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach on Sun 06 Sep 2009, 12:33 am

Jess. wrote:
Rach wrote:I one from Step Brothers. I'm currently bumming this film and watching it every night.

This makes me laugh EVERY time I watch step brothers. And your avatar Rach, well, ITS FAR TOO GOOD. LOVE IT.

The whole film makes me laugh. Gonna be on my own in my Nans house tonight (parents are having a party and are chucking me out, and my Nan and grandad are on holiday). Gonna get a chinese takeaway, popcorn and watch Step Brothers. <3

"Industrial Strength Night Vision Goggles."
"Holy Santa Claus shit. Can you imagine if we had these when we were 12?"
"Even better, we got them when we're 40."
Rach
Zzzonked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess on Sun 06 Sep 2009, 1:04 am

Rach wrote:
"Industrial Strength Night Vision Goggles."
"Holy Santa Claus shit. Can you imagine if we had these when we were 12?"
"Even better, we got them when we're 40."
hahaha, so good
Jess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Niamh on Sun 06 Sep 2009, 3:48 am

Scott wrote:Why has nobody mentioned Anchorman? :S THEE film for quotes!

"She is a total ball buster"
"Yeah, a real ice queen"
"Mmmm, I just burnt my tounge"

THIS MOVIE IS AMAZING.
'ARGH. It's so hot. Milk was a bad choice'

'You stay classy, San Diego. I'm Ron Burgundy?'
'Dammit. Who typed a question mark on the Teleprompter?'

'Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina. '

'And I'm Ron Burgundy. Go fuck yourself, San Diego.'

This movie will never get old for quotes.
Niamh
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.facebook.com/NiamhF

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess on Sun 06 Sep 2009, 4:35 am

Im so in the mood to watch anchorman tonight now haha.
Jess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 19 Sep 2009, 5:54 am

pretty much any quote from Grandma's Boy
"nice karma, guy blow"
"you're dead to me. over"
"do you have bathrooms here or do i have to shit in a plant"
funniest. movie. ever.

Back to top Go down