halo 3 odst

View previous topic View next topic Go down

halo 3 odst

Post by Tommy k on Thu 17 Sep 2009, 2:43 am

comes out on tuesday looks really good but i bet the free roam wont work as well as it sounds.
Tommy k
Step Up

Back to top Go down

Re: halo 3 odst

Post by apap3rplat3 on Sat 19 Sep 2009, 2:57 pm

eh, it definitely won't be its strong spot, but i bet it'll be fine. But the idea of the flashbacks is cool. Anyways, excited for tuesday Smile
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1413049329&

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott on Mon 21 Sep 2009, 8:32 am

GTFO Halofags.
Razz
Scott
The Lions Are At The Door

http://www.haioko.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy k on Fri 25 Sep 2009, 7:49 am

Very good really enjoying it I'll have it in the bag by tommorow
and firefight mode is sic.
Tommy k
Step Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Fri 25 Sep 2009, 8:57 am

Biggest rip-off in the history of games. £40 for basically the same level update Left 4 dead gives you for nothing.
Pete
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.myspace.com/wewerefriendsuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy k on Sat 26 Sep 2009, 12:17 am

I think you mean great value for money £35 for a new 8 level campaign,
horde mode with 10 maps, and halo3 multiplayer disk with 24 maps.
Tommy k
Step Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott on Sat 26 Sep 2009, 5:34 am

I saw a guy in Asda today returning it and moaning at his mate about how shit it was haha!
Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by alexbass on Sat 26 Sep 2009, 11:28 am

I've heard really mixed opinions about it. Never been a huge fan of Halo myself so will be saving my money of Modern Warfare 2 Smile
alexbass
Sorry You're Not A Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott on Sat 26 Sep 2009, 11:38 am

alexbass wrote:I've heard really mixed opinions about it. Never been a huge fan of Halo myself so will be saving my money of Modern Warfare 2 Smile

This man knows his shit.
Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by apap3rplat3 on Sat 26 Sep 2009, 3:40 pm

it's actually really good and people who complain about it being too much either 1. havent played it or 2. are retarded. The campaign is really good and is a very nice change in the Halo games. and Firefight is the shit. oh yeah, and of course you got Halo 3's multiplayer (which averages about 300,000 players all the time even after it's been out for 2 years) with all the maps plus forge and theater mode. It's definitely worth $60 no doubt. People just don't think so becuase it's called an "expansion" which it doesn't really expand more on Halo 3, it's more it's own game.

And MW2 LOL.
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Sat 26 Sep 2009, 8:12 pm

Scott wrote:
alexbass wrote:I've heard really mixed opinions about it. Never been a huge fan of Halo myself so will be saving my money of Modern Warfare 2 Smile

This man knows his shit.

A proper game.
Pete
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by alexbass on Tue 29 Sep 2009, 11:44 pm

apap3rplat3 wrote:it's actually really good and people who complain about it being too much either 1. havent played it or 2. are retarded.

Or maybe they just don't like it? Not everyone who owns an Xbox loves Halo. To be honest I think Halo is one of the most over-rated series of games ever. I think the single player campaigns brings nothing new to the genre and the story is rather boring, although I will admit the multiplayer is fun as long as you set the game to mute everyone. Although that's just my opinion. For example I love the CoD series, but I know that some people think that they are massively over-rated. Basically, I won't be buying ODST and I will be buying MW2.
alexbass
Sorry You're Not A Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott on Wed 30 Sep 2009, 12:35 am

alexbass wrote:
apap3rplat3 wrote:it's actually really good and people who complain about it being too much either 1. havent played it or 2. are retarded.

Or maybe they just don't like it? Not everyone who owns an Xbox loves Halo. To be honest I think Halo is one of the most over-rated series of games ever. I think the single player campaigns brings nothing new to the genre and the story is rather boring, although I will admit the multiplayer is fun as long as you set the game to mute everyone. Although that's just my opinion. For example I love the CoD series, but I know that some people think that they are massively over-rated. Basically, I won't be buying ODST and I will be buying MW2.

EVERYTHING he said is trooth.
Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy k on Wed 30 Sep 2009, 4:37 am

Halo is good but yes overrated. Just like gears of war except that's not good aswell as overrated.

But mw2 is gonna be amazing.
Tommy k
Step Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Wed 30 Sep 2009, 8:11 am

Halo is a really GOOD game. Just not an amazing game.

I played ODST yesterday. The problem I have with it is that it's just Halo 3 with a new mission or a few new game modes. The gameplay is not really any improved. That's why I reckon it's a bit of a rip-off to be a full price game. If it was £20-25 maybe i'd accept it.
Pete
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by apap3rplat3 on Wed 30 Sep 2009, 10:40 am

Eh, for me, the campaign is what makes a game. And that's definitely where CoD fails terribly. Their campaigns are horrid. Halo's, in my opinion, is 1,000,000 times better (and that's not a hyperbole.) How deep the Halo story runs is actually quite cool considering most people just think it's aliens attacking earth and that's it. And the funny thing is, they recognize that ODST is a "expansion pack" yet MW2 is just MW1 with a few new features and maps (which they just steal from the campaign cause they apparently cant come up with new ones.) Why release a sequel to a game unless drastic changes to the engine have been made? I personally think CoD's multiplayer is alright, nothing great, but fun. But every 5 seconds it's "OMG MARTYDOM FAG" or "JUGGERNAUT WHORE DICK SUCKER" or "ZOMG FUCKIN CAMPER." It get's sooo annoying. So what, you died. SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT.

And what makes Halo the longest lasting game is forge and custom games. I constantly find new maps/gametypes that tickle my fancy and keep me playing.
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott on Wed 30 Sep 2009, 11:10 am

So... only good sequels are made when they upgrade the engine on the game?

The campain on MW is as much in depth as as Halo's. The fact that you actually do a mission where it takes you back in time to play the main character's officer (Captain Price) so you can learn more about the story. And even in MW2 you actually got to see Soap Mctavish's face and play him properly. Halo's gameplay is utter ribbish imo. The whole engine in the game is flawed in every way. I've never liked the halo series and I don't think I ever will. I do have halo 1 & 2 but I've never been convinced enough to buy 3. I feel I'll be wasting money. The sheer cartoonistic style of the game makes me vomit a little bit in my mouth.

Yes, ODST is an expansion. But like you said about MW2 being MW1 with new maps and features... isn't that the point of making a sequel, to add new things and upgrade/continue a storyline. Basically what's different about Halo 2 to Halo 3? New maps and features, oh and a continuation of a storyline?

I admit that the forge is a good idea and I'd love to see it MW style. But I don't think it would be incorperateable into such a hi-tec game.

Also refer here:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Warfare_2#Game_engine
and here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty_4:_Modern_Warfare#Game_engine

For the diferences betweens the game engines.

May I also mention now that Halo 3 was the only Halo game to include it's own inhouse game engine. While MW1 & 2 both used engine created by Activision.

Referring to the ""OMG MARTYDOM FAG" or "JUGGERNAUT WHORE DICK SUCKER" or "ZOMG FUCKIN CAMPER." It get's sooo annoying. So what, you died. SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT." That's simply the people you play with. I've been on games like that, it's what the mute button is for. Also I've been on many Halo 3 games where all I here in the ingame lobby is "Veto, veeeetttooo. Somebody veto. Veeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttooooooooo" in some whiny American accent.
Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Malky on Wed 30 Sep 2009, 12:48 pm

Fuck this argument, Portal wins whatever you guys say.

Now play nice kids, or some punishment will be handed.
Malky

Back to top Go down

Post by apap3rplat3 on Wed 30 Sep 2009, 2:04 pm

How in any way is MW's campaign as "in depth" as Halo's? I don't recall there being six books published about the story of MW. If it was, it would explain where each individual faction of the opposing terrorist group came from, what they specialize in and why, how they learned english (if they did) and a plethora of other information. Now yes not all this information is actually seen in the halo games, but the story of MW is nowhere near as in depth as that of Halo's.

And, what's wrong with Halo's gameplay? And it's engine?

I can understand people not liking the fururistic setting of Halo due to them not having an imagination.....

And the reason they don't show the Master Chief's face (which is what I assume you are referencing to) is so that each player can build a "relationship" with the character better because they kinda come up with what he looks like etc. instead of having it all layed out for them.

Yes, ODST is an expansion. But like you said about MW2 being MW1 with new maps and features... isn't that the point of making a sequel, to add new things and upgrade/continue a storyline. Basically what's different about Halo 2 to Halo 3? New maps and features, oh and a continuation of a storyline?

And Halo 3 featured a new engine. That's kinda important. Not just some "upgraded" version.

I personally have never seen why people think CoD as anything more than "just another shooter." It's storyline is that of "just another shooter." It's guns are that of "just another shooter." It's graphics aren't anything special (yes they look "photo realistic" (which is just a fancy term for "copied a picture i.e. no creativity in creating structures/planets/environments)) but upclose they BLOW.

But we could argue all day on which one is better and why. Either way, I will get MW2 when it comes out and play the shit out of it. This way I can compare the improvements from MW2.

ON another issue I will say this: I do wish Activision would cut lose either Treyarch or Infinity Ward and have just one developer to spend longer on a game to make it better instead of popping one "slightly upgraded" version out every year.

Also, how could anyone give MW1 a 10 and not give CoD5 one? I just don't understand that.....

And yes Malky, portal is a cute game. Very Happy
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Wed 30 Sep 2009, 7:39 pm

Also, how could anyone give MW1 a 10 and not give CoD5 one?

Because COD5 was just a WW2 version of MW1. All these WW1 and 2 games are all the same.

Portal is so much fun.
Pete
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott on Thu 01 Oct 2009, 1:08 am

apap3rplat3 wrote:How in any way is MW's campaign as "in depth" as Halo's? I don't recall there being six books published about the story of MW.
I don't recall 6 books being made of any game, either way it's a series of books derived from a game. Just because you can make a series of books out of a storyline doesn't mean it's a good storyline.

apap3rplat3 wrote:If it was, it would explain where each individual faction of the opposing terrorist group came from, what they specialize in and why, how they learned english (if they did) and a plethora of other information. Now yes not all this information is actually seen in the halo games, but the story of MW is nowhere near as in depth as that of Halo's.
Now, this is your OPINION. Just because the story doesn't go the way YOU want it too doesn't mean it's not a good storyline. I do apologise for Infinity Ward's tardyness.

apap3rplat3 wrote:And, what's wrong with Halo's gameplay? And it's engine?
I find that the engine is unrealistic basic and the graphics are boring and... well not fun to say the least. You can tell it's their first inhouse engine.

apap3rplat3 wrote:I can understand people not liking the fururistic setting of Halo due to them not having an imagination.....
It could be preference? I peronally love the futuristic type genre of films/games etc

apap3rplat3 wrote:And the reason they don't show the Master Chief's face (which is what I assume you are referencing to) is so that each player can build a "relationship" with the character better because they kinda come up with what he looks like etc. instead of having it all layed out for them.
Actually I was referring to MW1 because you don't see Soap's face.

apap3rplat3 wrote:And Halo 3 featured a new engine. That's kinda important. Not just some "upgraded" version.
And MW1 had a new engine? Which they upgraded?
They had an engine in their FIRST game. When Halo had an engine in the THRID game. Why the fuck make a brand new engine every game? That's fucking retarded. So much pointless coding when they can tweak the engine they already have?

apap3rplat3 wrote:I personally have never seen why people think CoD as anything more than "just another shooter." It's storyline is that of "just another shooter." It's guns are that of "just another shooter." It's graphics aren't anything special (yes they look "photo realistic" (which is just a fancy term for "copied a picture i.e. no creativity in creating structures/planets/environments)) but upclose they BLOW.
Obviously Halo's graphics are SO MUCH BETTER. Because they have 'imagination'? It's really bugging me how you think that people have make something from scratch for it to be good. Things that are modified can be a million times better. And a million times quicker to make. I'd prefer realism to a cartoony game.

apap3rplat3 wrote:ON another issue I will say this: I do wish Activision would cut lose either Treyarch or Infinity Ward and have just one developer to spend longer on a game to make it better instead of popping one "slightly upgraded" version out every year.
I do agree with you on this. I beleive that Infinity Ward should be the only developers of the Call Of Duty series.
Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Malky on Thu 01 Oct 2009, 1:31 am

Told yous to calm it. Giving Portal love isn't the same as stopping arguing. Close, but not the same. Locked.
Malky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top