Modest Mouse

 :: GENERAL FORUMS :: Jukebox :: Bands

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Modest Mouse

Post by apap3rplat3 on Fri 08 May 2009, 11:48 am

Modest Mouse is an Indie rock band from Washington, USA and are my favourite band. Their lyricist, guitarist, banjoist, vocalist Isaac Brock is one the most talented musicians the world has ever seen. Look them up, thank me later. Anybody else fancy them?

And almost forgot: New EP called "No One's First and You're Next" due out in August. You can expect to see a thread about that when August rolls around. Razz
avatar
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

Age : 23
Location : Yukon, Oklahoma, USA

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1413049329&

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by macca on Sun 10 May 2009, 10:11 am

You talk about them WAYY too much.

Anyway they are not my cup of tea! Sleep
avatar
macca
Sorry You're Not A Winner

Age : 25
Location : oxford

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by apap3rplat3 on Sun 10 May 2009, 10:29 am

yo se, pero son tan muy bueno - y estoy poniendo esta en espanol porque Me siento mal por hablar mucho acerca de ellos así que me estoy haciendo lo que sólo una persona me puede entender, de esta manera tu no sabes que estoy hablando sobre.
avatar
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

Age : 23
Location : Yukon, Oklahoma, USA

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1413049329&

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by Scott on Sun 10 May 2009, 10:37 am

apap3rplat3 wrote:yo se, pero son tan muy bueno - y estoy poniendo esta en espanol porque Me siento mal por hablar mucho acerca de ellos así que me estoy haciendo lo que sólo una persona me puede entender, de esta manera tu no sabes que estoy hablando sobre.


Just because you're speaking spannish doesn't mean we don't know you're talking about Modest Mouse and how you don't want to talk English about them because you talk about them too much. YOU FOOL!
avatar
Scott
The Lions Are At The Door

Age : 25
Location : Scotlaaaand

http://www.haioko.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by apap3rplat3 on Sun 10 May 2009, 10:41 am

Scott wrote:
apap3rplat3 wrote:yo se, pero son tan muy bueno - y estoy poniendo esta en espanol porque Me siento mal por hablar mucho acerca de ellos así que me estoy haciendo lo que sólo una persona me puede entender, de esta manera tu no sabes que estoy hablando sobre.


Just because you're speaking spannish doesn't mean we don't know you're talking about Modest Mouse and how you don't want to talk English about them because you talk about them too much. YOU FOOL!

Dammit, I forgot all British people could read spanish automatically. Very sneaky Scott......
avatar
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

Age : 23
Location : Yukon, Oklahoma, USA

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1413049329&

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by macca on Sun 10 May 2009, 10:42 am

roughly translates to, "but they are very good!, I am writing this in spanish because I feel bad for speaking about them a lot, so I am doing this so only certain people can understand me, in this way you do know not what I about speaking about"


Nice touch Patrick.
avatar
macca
Sorry You're Not A Winner

Age : 25
Location : oxford

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by apap3rplat3 on Sun 10 May 2009, 10:44 am

GOD DAMMIT STOP IT WITH YOUR SUPERIOR BRITISHER POWERS!!!!! And thank you and very good translation


Last edited by Malky on Sun 10 May 2009, 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : International relations)
avatar
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

Age : 23
Location : Yukon, Oklahoma, USA

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1413049329&

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by macca on Sun 10 May 2009, 10:45 am

If you say Britisher again, I will hunt you down.
avatar
macca
Sorry You're Not A Winner

Age : 25
Location : oxford

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by Scott on Sun 10 May 2009, 10:57 am

macca wrote:If you say Britisher again, I will hunt you down.

And stab your eyes. With a peacock.


EDIT---

I'VE JUST REALISED WHAT YOUR AVATAR IS! IT'S LINKIN PARK'S NEW VIDEO.

/rave
avatar
Scott
The Lions Are At The Door

Age : 25
Location : Scotlaaaand

http://www.haioko.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by apap3rplat3 on Sun 10 May 2009, 11:28 am

awwww nobody likes britisher......how about britishian? - just kidding. (and lol Malky)

But just to keep this on topic and to help me meet my MM plug quota
Modest Mouse is a fine band.
avatar
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

Age : 23
Location : Yukon, Oklahoma, USA

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1413049329&

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by Scott on Sun 10 May 2009, 12:12 pm

Malky?

Why does he get credit?!
avatar
Scott
The Lions Are At The Door

Age : 25
Location : Scotlaaaand

http://www.haioko.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by apap3rplat3 on Sun 10 May 2009, 12:14 pm

hahaha for crossing out the "er" in my post. that made me giggle. And okay, although u guyz were threating me, lol scott and mac. At least u would poke out my eyes with style.
avatar
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

Age : 23
Location : Yukon, Oklahoma, USA

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1413049329&

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by Scott on Sun 10 May 2009, 12:20 pm

Exactly! ^_^ *Chuffed*
avatar
Scott
The Lions Are At The Door

Age : 25
Location : Scotlaaaand

http://www.haioko.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by apap3rplat3 on Sun 10 May 2009, 12:24 pm

and i thank you for your concerns on style. Very sincere. lol

But, again, to keep this on topic:
True, I also agree that the album "This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About" is a great description of lonely travel and is defiantly one of the best debut albums I have ever heard.
avatar
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

Age : 23
Location : Yukon, Oklahoma, USA

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1413049329&

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by kappa99 on Sun 10 May 2009, 10:36 pm

I thought Modest Mouse was Morriseys new band. Embarassed
avatar
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Location : Scotland

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by apap3rplat3 on Mon 11 May 2009, 1:55 am

kappa99 wrote:I thought Modest Mouse was Morriseys new band. Embarassed

KEV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MIGHT CRY!!!! Maybe you are thinking of Johnny Marr, former guitarist for The Smiths. I'm pretty sure Morrisey was the singer for that band....but in my opinion Marr should take his hands off of MM. Their styles do not mix.
avatar
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

Age : 23
Location : Yukon, Oklahoma, USA

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1413049329&

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by Malky on Mon 11 May 2009, 2:04 am

Morrisey was the lead singer of the Smiths, yes.
avatar
Malky
Moderator

Age : 26
Location : Ayr/Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by kappa99 on Mon 11 May 2009, 4:30 am

Yeah but I thought after the smiths he founded Modest Mouse haha.
avatar
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Location : Scotland

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by apap3rplat3 on Mon 11 May 2009, 5:06 am

kappa99 wrote:Yeah but I thought after the smiths he founded Modest Mouse haha.

tsk tsk tsk........but I'm not going to go into the history of MM because then I would never stop talking so. (But as a brief one, MM was started by Isaac Brock, Jeremiah Green, and Eric Judy in 1993)
avatar
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

Age : 23
Location : Yukon, Oklahoma, USA

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1413049329&

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by MikeyC on Mon 11 May 2009, 9:17 am

Bloody great band, I like them alot. Isaac seems like quite a character as well haha.
avatar
MikeyC
Return To Energiser

Age : 27
Location : St Cleer, Cornwall

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by Elemental on Mon 11 May 2009, 11:39 am

ALRIGHT ALREADY WE ALL FLOAT ON DONT YOU WORRY WE ALL FLOAT ON EVEN IF THINGS GET HEAVY WE ALL FLOAT ON
avatar
Elemental
Come Join The Feast

Location : Location

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by Scott on Mon 11 May 2009, 11:51 am

Yeah I do agree. I really like Modest Mouse.

(Y)
avatar
Scott
The Lions Are At The Door

Age : 25
Location : Scotlaaaand

http://www.haioko.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by Elemental on Mon 11 May 2009, 12:07 pm

You only like them because it's cool to like them now!
avatar
Elemental
Come Join The Feast

Location : Location

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by Scott on Mon 11 May 2009, 12:15 pm

Hey! I liked Dashboard like 3 years ago!

I'm allowed to like them!
avatar
Scott
The Lions Are At The Door

Age : 25
Location : Scotlaaaand

http://www.haioko.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by apap3rplat3 on Mon 11 May 2009, 12:34 pm

Dashboard's ok and Float On is pretty good. And Elemental, you get +3 Cool Points (sorry Scott.) for posting the lyric. But if you want some of their best, well look up: 3rd Planet, Life Like Weeds, Night on the Sun, Edit the Sad Parts, Spittin' Venom, Gravity Rides Everything, Never Ending Math Equation.......okay, pretty much anything from them. Razz
avatar
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

Age : 23
Location : Yukon, Oklahoma, USA

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1413049329&

Back to top Go down

Re: Modest Mouse

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 :: GENERAL FORUMS :: Jukebox :: Bands

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum