Smoking

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Smoking

Post by Pete on Sun 26 Jun 2011, 5:41 am

Charn wrote:I'm just too much of a pussy to try anything. I've smoked weed twice with a group of friends, but don't get what the fuss is about it, especially seeing the effects it has on people I care about. Cousin that got arrested has mental health issues because all he did was smoke and got such bad paranoia and look where he's ended up now, had to finish with my ex last year because all he did was get high and become so anti-social and moody I couldn't deal with it anymore.

I think weed is alright if used responsibly and not something used all the time, just not something I can be all too bothered with.

But it's like anything though. If you smoke all the time, a side-effect is getting cancer. If you ate fast food or chocolate several times a day, you'd get fat and probably die of a heart attack.

Everything has it's side-effects. Weed isn't an addictive substance and neither is fast food. It's a mental thing that makes it addictive. If people can't handle having something, they should gain the will power to not have it or their friends should be stronger and intervene if they can see that it's affecting them mentally.

People should have the choice to do what they want. That's what freedom is all about. I'd hate to force people into doing something they don't fully want to do.
avatar
Pete
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 26
Location : Nawtingham

http://www.myspace.com/wewerefriendsuk

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoking

Post by Jennie on Sun 26 Jun 2011, 5:50 am

Pete wrote:Weed isn't an addictive substance

Well technically, Cannabis is mostly smoked with tobacco.. nicotine is a highly addictive substance.

Pete wrote: People should have the choice to do what they want.

Yes, they should. But peer presure will never go away. So no matter how many you say that, for some people, it'll never make a difference.
avatar
Jennie
Zzzonked

Age : 26
Location : Solihull

http://www.facebook.com/JennieGardner

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoking

Post by Jennie on Sun 26 Jun 2011, 5:54 am

nicola.the.hunter wrote:Didn't know you had an ex like that Jennie. Was it quite a long time ago? Shame that they still haven't learnt or don't know how to get themseves out of the situation. Glad you realised sooner than later you were far better off without him.

Never talk about it, I was 14/15 and I was immature. I grew up basically and realised there was more to life. Kinda why I wish it didn't exist now so I wouldn't have to feel like this when I see people I care about wanting to use it. But anyway, it's personal choice and it's not a problem.
avatar
Jennie
Zzzonked

Age : 26
Location : Solihull

http://www.facebook.com/JennieGardner

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoking

Post by Charn on Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:13 am

Jennie wrote:
Pete wrote:Weed isn't an addictive substance

Well technically, Cannabis is mostly smoked with tobacco.. nicotine is a highly addictive substance.


Also, a lot of people use it a lot because they like the feeling it comes with. It calms people down, lets them chill, so figure why not smoke it all the time? Its not addictive scientifically no, but some people get addicted to the feeling when they're high, especially if they're feeling down/have issues at home etc... It's like as you said, eating junk and getting fat, some people eat things that aren't good for them because they like the feeling that comes with eating it and can't stop.

Apart from not being too bothered about it, I wouldn't smoke cannabis on the regz or anything because I'm weak when it comes to things that make me feel chilled out and calm. It's easy just to say 'intervene with someone as a mate if you see its affecting them' but it isn't an easy thing at all, because not everyone is that strong mentally.
avatar
Charn
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 23
Location : Landan!

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoking

Post by aprilMCC on Sun 26 Jun 2011, 2:46 pm

To be honest, even though it was my first time and the effect wasn't that intense, I don't really see the big deal about. It didn't seem that great.
avatar
aprilMCC
Come Join The Feast

Age : 24
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoking

Post by Pete on Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:53 pm

aprilMCC wrote:To be honest, even though it was my first time and the effect wasn't that intense, I don't really see the big deal about. It didn't seem that great.

Depends on what was rolled in the end. I don't find weed does much when you're drinking really.
avatar
Pete
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 26
Location : Nawtingham

http://www.myspace.com/wewerefriendsuk

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoking

Post by thisfrozenlandscape on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:32 am

i smoked weed for the first time yesterday in around 2 years, and i haven't smoked anything since then except hookah a few times. it was a tobacco and weed joint, and while smoking it i thought i was going to die from coughing, and i got really nauseous. once i calmed down though i had a really good time. haha
avatar
thisfrozenlandscape
Anything Can Happen

Age : 23
Location : Illinois, USA

http://facebook.com/thisfrozenlandscape

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoking

Post by Guest on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:49 am

Probably shitty weed April, good weed is pretty hard to find! My ex was from the 'States and she used to smoke lots back home, and she assured me the stuff we smoke here is 10x stronger. I know in America it's more common to smoke blunts - with very little/no baccy. If you were to do that here, with decent weed, you wouldn't be walking haha...nevermind weed in 'Dam and Asia.

I always got highest (when I started smoking) when I had 3-4 'weak' joints. One big ol' heffer blunt just made me feel heavy and lousy. Here's what I'm smoking now for beddy time...it's a small amount, but smoking it slow and holding it in long enough etc. will do the job. Try it fools, don't give up on weed yet!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Smoking

Post by Malky on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:17 am

I love dat cheeeeez bruv. Had some the other night and was giggling like fuck.
avatar
Malky
Moderator

Age : 26
Location : Ayr/Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Re: Smoking

Post by Guest on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:21 am

Malky wrote:I love dat cheeeeez bruv. Had some the other night and was giggling like fuck.
HA! 'I got dat cheeeeeeeeeeeeese u know'

I called him earlier, he welcomed me 'OH DAT WHITEBOY UZMAN KNOWS?'

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Smoking

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum