Sonic Effect

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sonic Effect

Post by Kit on Sat 12 Dec 2009, 3:33 am

Hi anyone.
I guess no one here really knows but I like to attempt music making myself occasionally, so I thought I might share some on the off chance anyone here is interested. Smile It's all electronica / trance stuff. I just finished an album (yesterday), so if you'd like to have a listen then it's all on my website!

*clicky clicky*

It's all pretty amateur, because it's made by me, and I'm not very good yet. Anyway, you might find something you like, so let me know if you have a listen. All comments / crits much appreciated. Smile

Happy hunting.
Kit
Administrator

http://www.facebook.com/kit90

Back to top Go down

Re: Sonic Effect

Post by Scott on Sat 12 Dec 2009, 3:42 pm

I really do like it, the album as a whole is like a hyped up chillout mix which is quite nice.

I do hear a lot of the same things used though, like the intro and the first song are really just one song.

In my eyes an intro is supposed to be a build up to the first song, (Take common dreads into Solidarity or Intro into Apocalypse Please from Muse) kind of a build up then the first proper song BURSTS IN!

There is a lot of the same kind of tone going on and it all seems like it should be one massive song to be honest. Really the only breaks from that are the songs 'Heartstop', 'Neon Pirates' and the Muse remix, Heartstop simply because it's an off beat song. Neon Pirates is a fave of mine, it's a nice little yarr kinda remix very original and hearty. The Time Is Running Out remix was also a nice finishing touch to the album and ended it quite well.

I really do think it's an excellent job you've done and I hope you take this as constructive criticism because I'm not trying to flame, it's just some things that came to mind mind when I listened to the album.

Keep up the good work Very Happy
Scott
The Lions Are At The Door

http://www.haioko.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit on Sat 12 Dec 2009, 9:13 pm

Thanks for your comments, like I said I am still learning so this kind of stuff is helpful. Smile

With the intro and Supersonic, I always wanted to have the first couple of tracks going into each other, but I guess I chose the wrong point to make the split maybe, since they really need to go together to feel like a whole song. The other thing was the intro track (Enter Kitarii) was a little joke between me and friends who were all into Enter Shikari at the time, so it was supposed to sound a little bit like the TTTS intro. Razz

I'll bear all your stuff in mind, thanks for listening!
Kit
Administrator

http://www.facebook.com/kit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top