http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: RATE YOUR LAST GIG

Post by Jess on Sat 27 Feb 2010, 11:19 pm

HEADLINE: Jamie T

SUPPORT: Rum Shebeen

VENUE: Birxton o2 Academy

DATE: 6th Feb '10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): I think Brixton is 3000? The crowd were pretty mental during some songs. Other slow ones were just pretty average.

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 9/10. His songs were much better than on the CD, much quicker and upbeat. He kept reminding people in the pit to pick each other up if they fell, bless ha. Jamie T was just.. awesome. On the way home the whole carriage on the tube was singing 'if you got the money' and men were snorting coke in front of everyone, it was hilarious.
Jess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.facebook.com/jessmelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 27 Feb 2010, 11:53 pm

HEADLINE: My mates band End of the Spectrum

SUPPORT: God knows. Some Indie nonsense.

VENUE: Amersham Arms (South London)

DATE: 26/02/10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): 100 kids? One girl in a Paramore hoody got pretty rowdy, I'm fairly sure she spilt a drink and grazed her knee that night.

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 7/10? My friends band were actually pretty solid. Both supports were like really bad versions of the Killers, who are pretty shocking themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophiee on Sun 28 Feb 2010, 12:09 am

HEADLINE: Enter Shikari

SUPPORT: Sgt Rolfy & Rout

VENUE: Tuts

DATE: 8.02.10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): Tuts was sold out, so about 300 folk, pit and shizz was pretty mad

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: Imma give it a 9/10. I expected a different setlist to the night before, but thats about all that was wrong. I wasn't even all that bothered tbh.

Last edited by Sophiee on Sun 28 Feb 2010, 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Sophiee
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.myspace.com/airguitarsuperstar92

Back to top Go down

Post by HappySailor69 on Sun 28 Feb 2010, 12:38 am

HEADLINE: The Kipling Conspiracy (friends band)

SUPPORT: None

VENUE: Twisters Bar

DATE: 25.02.10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): 20, not rowdy at all.

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: probs 5/10 drinks we're good.
HappySailor69
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.captainjoshsparrow.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nia on Sun 28 Feb 2010, 4:43 am

HEADLINE: Ellie Goulding

SUPPORT: Chew Lips and Wolf Gang

VENUE: Cardiff Arts Institute (very quirky inside and lighting was amazing)

DATE: 4th Feb, '10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): about 300, very boring crowd apart from chauvinistic comments

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 8/10, ellie's voice is outstanding live but overall sound quality was bit poor
Nia
Jonny Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by apap3rplat3 on Sun 28 Feb 2010, 6:26 am

HEADLINE: Alesana

SUPPORT: Broadway, Asking Alexandria, The Bled, some local band, Enter Shikari

VENUE: The Marquee

DATE: 6/9/09

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): Around 400-500 people perhaps? Pretty crazy bunch, especially when ES started to play.

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: Some local band started the show off and they were better than I expected but nothing to set them apart from the crowd. Broadway were quite cool as they talked to the section of the crowd that I was in for a bit so they get cool points. Asking Alexandria was good as well, although they kept spitting water on us. Alesana was alright, I expected better. The Bled was nothing special either. Enter Shikari on the other hand was amazing! They only played six songs (Solidarity, Step Up, Mothership, No Sssweat, SYNAW, and Juggernauts) but they were godly! It was just plain awesome. 10/10 just for ES.
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1413049329&

Back to top Go down

Post by StandYourGround on Sun 28 Feb 2010, 6:31 am

HEADLINE: New Found Glory

SUPPORT: Fireworks, Hellogoodbye, Saves the Day

VENUE: The Marquee

DATE: 31st Jan 2010

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): By the time NFG came on there were about 800 or more people, it was almost full.

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 9/10 for the whole thing. Best gig I've been to so far. Fireworks I enjoyed very much, I was up front for them and I had a LOT of fun. Dave looked at my camera often. cheers Hellogoodbye I was surprised with, I didn't know what to expect, but they were actually really good. I only knew one of their songs but they've honestly got a new fan in me after that. They were amazing with the crowd. During Saves the Day, I was just completely distracted and tired unfortunately and did not pay much attention. There was a mosh pit in front of me. Ha. I also thought they were on for too long Laughing but they WERE direct support. Anyway the crowd was absolutely mental for NFG of course. No one was quiet. I had to leave halfway through (I know shame on me) but they really got me going. Razz
StandYourGround
We Can Breathe In Space

http://www.last.fm/user/LD7

Back to top Go down

Post by beth on Sun 28 Feb 2010, 7:37 am

HEADLINE: enter shikari

SUPPORT: rout + sgt. rolfy. ;D

VENUE: king tuts, glasgow.

DATE: 8th february '10.

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): 300 people? i couldn't really see behind me, but according to how my ribs were feeling afterwards, the amount of people kicking me in the face being pulled over the barrier after croudsurfing and just from what people were telling me, people were pretty lively. haha.

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: best time i've seen shikari tbh, and the smallest venue i've seen them in. the setlist was pretty good, although i'm beyond fed up of hearing sorry, you're not a winner. mothership intro was fucking sexy! and it was good to hear jonny sniper, although it would'a been good if they had changed the setlist from the night before. fucking amazing gig, best one i've been to yet. 10/10 imo. (:
beth
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/Bethhhy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Sun 28 Feb 2010, 7:54 am

HEADLINE: Owl City

SUPPORT: Lights

Venue: Manchester Apollo

Date: 22nd Feb '10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): About 2500-3000. One of the shittest crowd I've been in. Bunch of 12 year olds just standing around screaming and occasionallly singing. No atmosphere at all, but I will explain why in my proper review.

REVIEW: So basically I went to this because I was put on the guestlist and I don't mind the album. There was a ridiculously long queue so we just sat inside McDonalds till it went down and went inside and just in time for Lights. She was alright. She has some decent songs and had good energy. However, the sound engineers fucked up so her last two songs that she was playing on acoustic were ruined. The mic on her acoustic was broken and all you could hear was her singing. However, after the first song finished, they didn't even bother to replace it and just let her finish. Which was disgraceful.

OWL CITY however were pretty boring. They seemed to somehow manage to have less energy live than on their album. If I was paying I would have been pretty disappointed.

OVERALL SCORE: 3/10.
Pete
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.myspace.com/wewerefriendsuk

Back to top Go down

Post by SophieM on Sun 28 Feb 2010, 10:13 am

HEADLINE: The Moon

SUPPORT: Some guy playing the Banjo.

VENUE: New Cross Inn, South London

DATE: 26th Feb '10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): Not many, lead singer got pretty mental

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 6/10 Only went cos I was taking pictures for them, needed more people. Fun to watch though and I got some alright pictures.
SophieM
The Lions Are At The Door

Back to top Go down

Post by David on Sun 28 Feb 2010, 9:54 pm

StandYourGround wrote:During Saves the Day, I was just completely distracted and tired unfortunately and did not pay much attention. There was a mosh pit in front of me. Ha. I also thought they were on for too long Laughing but they WERE direct support.

Not only were they the direct support but the breadth and quality of their musical output and career far outweighs anything by any of the other 3 bands. Hopefully this tour will help expose another generation of fans to one of the most influential and incredible bands of the past decade.

David
Sorry You're Not A Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach on Sun 28 Feb 2010, 11:11 pm

HEADLINE: Lostprophets.

SUPPORT: Kids In Glass Houses & some other band.

VENUE: Hull City Hall.

DATE: 6th Feb I think...

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): HUGE crowd, sadly, they didn't enjoy moving during gigs...

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 7/10. Would be more but the crowd ruined it for me, as did the £3.90 "pints" which was just a bottle poured into a pint glass. Kids were awesome, Prophets were good too. Afterparty was banging!
Rach
Zzzonked

Back to top Go down

Post by leeburgess on Mon 01 Mar 2010, 4:55 am

SUPPORT: Rolo Tomassi + The King Blues

VENUE: London Hammersmith Apollo

DATE: 12th Feb

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): 5000, seating wasn't sold out though.

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 6.5/10
got there late, missed both supports and nearly 1/3 of ES' set, ended up with seated guestlist tickets which fucked Coops + crew up...while me, tom and warner managed to work some magic getting into standing. crowd was full of children, i felt very old. the venue was HUGE and it felt odd seeing them in such a massive place. the sloped floor had both postive and negative impact. good to be able to see in the pit a bit further back, bad cause circle pits end up with everyone crushed at the bottom end and i spent 80% of no sweat crushed on the floor by 14 year olds.
positives, sick massive human pyramid which i crafted after some effort, and got ontop.
it was filmed, but that caused any crowd members near the camera to swarm round the poor bloke and make his life hell.
plan b = sick double crowdsurf by me and warner, both getting the mic. best gang vocals on an ES dvd possible.
other negatives... got my wifebeater ripped to shreds, and got headbutted in the back of the head, nice sized cut, decent amount of blood, didnt stop me, but ended up in me meeting one of the most prickish first aid blokes in the world.
good turnout by the ESF, seen as london did seem like it was gonna be dead. didn't get to see anyone much though which sucked.
never made the afterparty, but them pizzas were banging.

all in all, deffo not my favourite ES show.
leeburgess
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/leejamesburgess

Back to top Go down

Post by Bess on Mon 01 Mar 2010, 8:15 am

HEADLINE: Lostprophets

SUPPORT: Kids in Glass Houses and someone else.

VENUE: Norwich UEA

DATE: 22nd February

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): I've never been sure how many the UEA holds, 1000+ maybe?

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 7.5/10
I've seen Lostprophets about 7 or 8 times since 2003 and have seen them at the UEA 3 times now so I know what to expect! They played the classics, the crowd was nuts as it always is at the UEA. The banter with the band was hilarious, the crowd got involved too. They didn't play Shinbo 6 times like they did there in '06 though (the only time they've played the same song so many times!!) but all in all a fab night.
Bess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=646880048&r

Back to top Go down

Post by Joely on Mon 01 Mar 2010, 9:46 am

HEADLINE: Owl City

SUPPORT: Lights

VENUE: Electric Ballroom

DATE: 18th Feb

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): I'm no good at estimating crowd sizes. The venue seemed bigger than I remembered but that's probably because we were on the barrier when Shikari played there! Anyways, the crowd was pretty still. (Which to be honest, I'd prefer to getting pushed around and suffocated.) Some dancing and singing, more towards the front. I was so surprised that the majority of the crowd seemed to be adults.

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 7/10
When we got there, Lights was playing. We don't really know any of her stuff but she was good. Alex took one of the posters from the wall at the end, which is now in my wardrobe. Wink
I've wanted to see Owl City for about a year so it was great finally getting to. It sounded awesome with the band, a lot better than the recordings I thought but that's the case most of the time, and the lights were cool. It would have been better if we were closer, but nevermind. We were more in the middle than at the back at least. Adam is the cutest, his awkward dancing, and the fact he was ill and held a mug for a whole song made us aww at him so much ha, he still managed to sing well though even with the occasional cough.
We are seeing him again in May.
Joely

Back to top Go down

Post by SophieM on Sun 07 Mar 2010, 1:16 am

HEADLINE: Polar Bear Club

SUPPORT: Title Fight, Shook Ones, Arteries

VENUE: camden underworld

DATE: 5th March '10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): Not sure if it was sold out but it was pretty full. Stage diving/ crowd surfing got pretty nuts.

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 8.5/10
Only really went cus I was taking some snaps, first time seeing all those bands and they were bloody awesome.
Really good crowd, good energy, one of the best gigs I've been to in a long time.
SophieM

Back to top Go down

Post by leeburgess on Sun 07 Mar 2010, 6:18 am

HEADLINE: Polar Bear Club

SUPPORT: Title Fight & Shook Ones

VENUE: Leeds Cockpit 2

DATE: 2nd March '10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): 250, pretty sure it was overcapacity

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 5/10
Expected there to be some local supports, so got there part way through Title Fight who i mainly went for them. it was crammed so couldnt get down near the front. Didn't think they were as good as i'd expected, but i thought Shook Ones were better than I expected. Polar Bear Club were same old, strong performance but I find them a bit boring.
leeburgess
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_Lion on Tue 09 Mar 2010, 1:46 am

HEADLINE: Lostprophets

SUPPORT: hex (crap) & Kids in glass house (epic)

VENUE: Portsmouth Guildhall

DATE: 11th feb

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): the place was packed, there were mosh pits every where and some retard yell abuse at them and we all tunred and told him where/ what to do Razz

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW 9/10
best gig i've been to, the supports were good, well one of them and the atmostphere and the people i was with i think made it the best, but enter shikari are second there gig in october 2007 southampton guildhall Smile
Red_Lion
Nodding Acquaintance

http://twitter.com/CarlReedious

Back to top Go down

Post by Skully on Wed 10 Mar 2010, 6:44 am

SUPPORT: The King Blues,

VENUE: Glasgow Barras

DATE: 7th Feb

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS):Busy but not packed.

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 8/10
Good gig . both bands great.
Best time ive seen shikari play as a band however the atomsphere was a bit crap. I also absoloutely hate the barras too what a dump.

roll on for the next uk dates..
Skully
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophiee on Wed 10 Mar 2010, 9:41 am

Skully wrote:I also absoloutely hate the barras too what a dump.
Whaaaat the fuuuuck?
Sophiee
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.myspace.com/airguitarsuperstar92

Back to top Go down

Post by Malky on Wed 10 Mar 2010, 10:18 am

Sophiee wrote:
Skully wrote:I also absoloutely hate the barras too what a dump.
Whaaaat the fuuuuck?
It's called character.
Malky

Back to top Go down

Post by leeburgess on Wed 10 Mar 2010, 1:31 pm

HEADLINE: A Loss For Words

SUPPORT: All Or Nothing, Left Right Goodnight, LYU

VENUE: Leeds Cockpit 3

DATE: 09/03/10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): 150 cap but deffo not sold out, say 100 people tops.

Got down early this time cause last Tuesday, Title Fight were on proper early. 1st band, LYU from Birmingham, didn't know anything about them but they were impressive, will listen to them again. Left Right Goodnight are from Leeds, and all i knew is my mate's band had played with them and he said they were alright, but man they were fucking top. The recordings on their myspace are poor to be honest, but they were right on form live, was their 1st show since november cause of a new guitarist or something.
I've seen All Or Nothing a couple of times supporting The Wonder Years and FYS/SYG coheadline, and they always get the best slots when bands come over, and i don't get why, they're pretty bland and nothing special for me.
A Loss For Words were top. Played with real fucking character and you can tell they were loving playing over here for the 1st time. there were say, 20 of us crammed down the front throwing all we had into it, i came out a happy chappy. shame their set was rather short, i think there were only 7/8 songs. Only reason i've given it 8/10.

CHECK A LOSS FOR WORDS OUT YOU MUMFUCKS!!!
leeburgess
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by leeburgess on Fri 12 Mar 2010, 2:01 pm

HEADLINE: A Day To Remember

SUPPORT: Architects, Your Demise

VENUE: Manchester Academy 1

DATE: 1/03/10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): 2000, sold out fucking ages ago after a venue upgrade. How they got this big so quick, i dunno.

So, it's a few months short since of 2 years since I first saw ADTR on their first headline tour over here at Manc Academy 3, think tickets only sold out on the door, capacity summat like 350. 1 year, 1 month ago, saw them headline venues ranging from 200-400 capacity, all selling out pretty rapidly. Now, fucking 2000 people, but it didn't really change much, not as much as i thought it would. Yeah i loved the smaller shows, always will prefer them, and cause of the size, and it being my 8th time seeing them, i wasn't really up for it, or that bothered. It all changed once they came on though. I'm not arsed if they've got big, if it's not cool to like them anymore. Still love their music, still love them live. The sound in Academy 1 really helped it along too. And they swapped alot of the setlist around too, so it wasn't in the same order as it pretty much always has been.
YD somehow didnt look out of place in such a big room, again, the sound in Manc Acad 1 is fucking brilliant and made them sound real fucking good. Still really like Ed as a frontman too.
Never seen Architects before, don't listen to them much at all, but i thought they were good as well. well suited supports, and good to see such a big yank band putting on brit bands.
leeburgess
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by kappa99 on Fri 12 Mar 2010, 11:25 pm

HEADLINE: Sideway

SUPPORT: The Ghost Man

VENUE: Glasgow Box

DATE: 11/03/10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): 100 cap, was about 60 there.

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 6/10

Sideway are young, and have been together less than a year. At the moment they tend to play mainly covers, and "test" their own material.
They played Sex is on fire, Mr Brightside, Al These Things, Pokerface, Shut Up and LetMe Go,Yellow 3 or 4 other covers plus 4 of their own songs.

Their vocals are amazing and instrumentally they are great also, and their own material, for their age is good, but there arent many hooks and you can tell it was written by someone just about to leave school.

Id say the band have a llot of potential if they can deliver some quality material of their own.
http://www.myspace.com/sidewayuk
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top