Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: RATE YOUR LAST GIG

Post by agua on Thu 18 Mar 2010, 4:17 pm

HEADLINE: Attack Attack!

SUPPORT: Breathe Carolina, I See Stars, Asking Alexandria, and Bury Tomorrow

VENUE: Mad Maggies in Elgin Il

DATE: mar 5th

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): Show was sold out, the barriers had not been nailed down, and thus were pushed up to the stage and knocked down

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 10
just for asking alexandria

i am the one who pets him at 1:06
agua
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.myspace.com/agua_1989

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola.the.hunter on Thu 18 Mar 2010, 9:07 pm

I havn't been to a gig in so long Sad ES in london was my last one!
nicola.the.hunter
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankie on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 2:51 am

HEADLINE: Skindred

SUPPORT: No Idea

VENUE: Quake Nightclub

DATE: 12th March

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): About 200? In a small venue. The crowd were mental. Full of so many blokes with long dreads though.

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 8/10
Got in there at about 9. It seemed pretty empty but there was a support band on. They were alright, got involved with the (tiny) crowd a lot. When the second support came on it the floor started to get busier and people were getting involved. Skindred were on next and the floor was full. Everyone was just going mental pretty much. Was such a good gig. Deffo want to see them again.
Frankie
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=774535176&r

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 11:14 am

I'll do the first thing and review my own gig from my point of view. (Imma be doing this plenty.)

HEADLINE: We Were Friends/Shoot The Poets

SUPPORT: Bury the Ladybird/Gimme Stitches/Arcanite Reaper/Ruckus

VENUE: The Central, Nottingham

DATE: 19th March

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): About 120. Decent crowd. It was a BOTB (I put those two bands as headliners as we were the ones who went through) so there was a diverse amount of people supporting different bands. But overall, people enjoyed it and got involved.

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 7/10
An ok venue. Sound wasn't great. Good crowd. Enjoyed playing a good show. (Broke two strings however.)
Pete
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.myspace.com/wewerefriendsuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 8:49 pm

Went to a local gig last night, one of my friends had their first gig. Very Happy

Headline: Solar Aces.

Support: No idea.

Venue: Ringside, Hull. It's such a tiny place, and Shikari used to play there back in '06, wish I'd have gotten a chance to see them there.

Date: 18th March 2010.

Crowd: Not many, don't even think it was more than 40, but it was a good turnout considering no one knew any of the bands haha. Pretty much all of the crowd knew each other anyway.

Rate: 7/10. I enjoyed the gig, first local gig in a while. I took my camera too and got some snaps, but couldn't get the shutter speed right so they all turned out crappy. :/ But the bands were good, and I had a laugh.
Rach
Zzzonked

Back to top Go down

Post by leeburgess on Sun 21 Mar 2010, 12:50 pm

THIRTY DAYS OF NIGHT ALL DAYER

Headline: For The Fallen Dreams, Confession, Azriel

Support: TRC, Hang The Bastard, Brutality Will Prevail, Santa Karla, Almost Home, The Final Crisis

Venue: The Well, Leeds
Date: 20th March 2010.

Crowd: possibly 200 there, maybe more.
couple of pricks, but plenty of dudes up for a good mosh.

Rate: 7/10. Was a good all dayer, got to hear alot of bands i'd not listened to before and i enjoyed them. My top 4 bands were TRC, Azriel, Brutality Will Prevail and Almost Home, was gutted This Is Colour had for some reason, pulled out, would have been cool to see them. Didn't think any band was bad at all really, top day.
leeburgess
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/leejamesburgess

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_Lion on Sun 11 Apr 2010, 12:49 pm

HEADLINE: YouMeAtSix

SUPPORT: forever the sickest kids, we the kings

VENUE: southampton guildhal

DATE: 18th march '10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): sold out couldn't buy tickets

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 9.5/10
great gig and the supports were just as good, finally got to see them.
anothr off the list Smile
Red_Lion
Nodding Acquaintance

http://twitter.com/CarlReedious

Back to top Go down

Post by kappa99 on Tue 27 Apr 2010, 10:46 pm

HEADLINE: Hurts 9NME RADAR TOUR)

SUPPORT: Darwin Deez, Everything Everything

VENUE: King Tuts, Glasgow

DATE: 26/04/10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): 150-200 Fairly calm indie's and oldies

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 7/10
Came for Darwin Deez, and they disappointed. Their interludes with ance offs got the best reaction of their set- I was really looking forward to hearing Constellation Live and it was poor.

Everything Everything- Great wee band, good singer, indie with a heavy side. Malky liked them too which was a surprise I didnt think theyd be his cuppa. 7/10

Hurts- Imagine a bside album the Killers would release if they were around in the 80s, with an opera singer in the background. Weird...but wonderful. This band may or may not take off, but they definetly deserve to.
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola.the.hunter on Wed 28 Apr 2010, 4:04 am

HEADLINE: Canterbury

SUPPORT: Lights go blue, some band which stepped in at the last min

VENUE: Crauford arms, MK

DATE: 24th April

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): 30 ish, lots of 14 year olds girls and few older people.

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW:
The first band were a bit weird and shit. Lights go blue were good as ever. Got the crowd going a little considering the small number. Canterbury were amazing! Best time I've seen them by far. The scene kids were dancing the whole way through and everyone else was def enjoying themselves. 8/10
nicola.the.hunter
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by HappySailor69 on Thu 06 May 2010, 12:59 am

HEADLINE: The King Blues

SUPPORT: Mouthwash & Dirty Revolution

VENUE: Arts Centre, Colchester

DATE: 4th May '10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): 150? Gig itself would of been rated higher but crowd was crap.

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW:
Missed the first band but made it in time for Mouthwash, good ska support just a shame about the crowd which decided that rather than skanking as the 18+ people wanted they would mosh instead which ruined it. Before King Blues some bloke came on lecturing about how not to vote BNP etc etc, which I felt was a little over the top, I mean I personally dont mind political lyrics/open up my views and mind to different things but this guy was something else, most of the crowd lapped it up. King Blues were top notch good new songs inc: head-butt (even rout's remix was played during intermission), goldern oldies such as Chimp in a 3 piece suit and Mr Music Man, and classics crows favorites Bonkers, Save The World & I Got Love. Itch even did his "5 Different Bottles Of Shampoo" as an Encore. 6/10

After party as well at the Purple Dog pub, packed out, open mic night turned into chaos, 8.5/10
HappySailor69
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.captainjoshsparrow.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by warnerbro on Thu 06 May 2010, 7:16 pm

HEADLINE: Biffy Clyro

Support: The Twilight Sad + Rolo Tomassi

VENUE: De Montfort Hall, Lestarrr

Date: 03/05/10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS):Sold out/2000

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: Sweet gig for free courtesy of Tomassi. Had a few tinnies before which always helps Razz Got there pretty early and it was empty for Tomassi although their new songs are even better and dare I say more eclectic, their new album Cosmology is gonna be wicked. Don't think the older crowd knew what to make of them really. Definately one of my favourite live bands now though. Dunno what Twilight Sad were like cus I was at the bar. Biffy cemented their place as one of my favourite bands with their set, fucking awesome as always. The lighting set was amazing and energy, everything you want really. Only downside was a set full of songs off the last two albums, but I expected that anyway, and Jaggy Snake was a nice addition. Nice little pit, pretty friendly crowd, probably due to the fact that it was mainly people over 18 there. All in all a swell night, finished off with a £4 large pizza. 9/10
warnerbro
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/warnerbro

Back to top Go down

Post by leeburgess on Fri 07 May 2010, 12:33 am

i'm gonna class this as a gig...

HEADLINE: Peter Kay

Support: Rick Astley

VENUE: Manchester Evening News Arena

Date: 05/05/10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS):Sold out... 10,000?

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 9/10
Went with the whole family, started off with an all you can eat chinese buffet courtesy of the folks, not a bad way to start the evening.
Pretty belting seats, so I was chuffed with that. Rick Astley was cheesy as fuck, but got the tipsy middle aged women on their feet. Belted out the classics and some covers, definately lightened the mood.
It was also my first comedy gig, which is kinda weird to be honest. Peter Kay was brilliant, his delivery of jokes is brilliant, and his style is just so so unique. All new material as well, which is weird seen as I'm used to the old stuff, but he had everyone laughing from start to end, it was great.
leeburgess
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by kappa99 on Fri 21 May 2010, 7:08 pm

HEADLINE: The WHisky Works

SUPPORT: Pereto, Lightguides

VENUE: Nice N Sleazy, Glasgow

DATE: 20th May

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): About 80-100
RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 5/10

An allright gig. We'd decided on going to this against going to see Lights at King Tuts, as the headline act are tipped for the top.
They were pretty decent, but quite samey with no real hooks.
Lightguides were pretty good and had some good interaction, and Pereto were fairly generic as well.
Nothing dazzling, but not awful.
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin on Sat 22 May 2010, 5:53 am

The Whisky Works and Pareto both supported Flood Of Red at the Classic Grand a month ago. The Whisky Works were main support, think it was only because the singer goes out with the promoter - was only their first gig or something. Pareto are doing the same thing as a lot of other local bands are doing, but not as well as some others.

LightGuides opened for Twin Atlantic in Februaury, the day before the ES Barras show. We got in at the end of their set, the one song I heard was OK, if I remember.
Martin
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by leeburgess on Sat 22 May 2010, 12:36 pm

HEADLINE: Deez Nuts

SUPPORT: The Ghost Inside, Awaken Demons, Break Even, Brutality Will Prevail, By My Hands, Elias Last Day

VENUE: Moho Live, Manchester

DATE: 9th May

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): 300ish, pretty nuts

Don't mind Elias Last Day, fair local to me, did the job, last Manchester show for them I think.
By My Hands were decent too, enjoyed them.
I still the Brutality Will Prevail are strong live, their frontman is a creepy fucker though, I enjoy their performances quite alot.
Break Even were very enjoyable, good strong band.
Awaken Demons should have probs been on before Break Even, their music was good, just not as popular.
When The Ghost Inside came on, it went fucking mental in there, bodies flying everywhere, i stood at the back end of the pit, not knowing much of their stuff, but really really enjoyed them.
After the last Deez Nuts show in Manchester, I had so much fun, I had to go again and they didn't disappoint, plenty of crowdsurfing and stage diving on my part, and got some sick vocals in, shame they didn't play Damn Right though. New songs sound good. Always a super fun live show.
leeburgess
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by kappa99 on Sat 22 May 2010, 7:01 pm

Martin wrote:The Whisky Works and Pareto both supported Flood Of Red at the Classic Grand a month ago. The Whisky Works were main support, think it was only because the singer goes out with the promoter - was only their first gig or something. Pareto are doing the same thing as a lot of other local bands are doing, but not as well as some others.

LightGuides opened for Twin Atlantic in Februaury, the day before the ES Barras show. We got in at the end of their set, the one song I heard was OK, if I remember.

I was supposed to put on a Pareto show last year, nice guys, fairly new band.

Whisky Works are getting a lot of promo at the moment. Decent enough band.
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Nia on Tue 25 May 2010, 1:10 am

HEADLINE: John Mayer

SUPPORT: Ellie Goulding

VENUE: CIA, Cardiff

DATE: 23/05/10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): a good few thousand, not a lot of movement as expected but lots of singing along

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 9/10.

Ellie Goulding opened, second time for me to see her, her voice was flawless - and she put on a great show. However, John Mayer was the main event and he blew my expectations through the roof. He's an insane guitarist, vocalist and lyricist - his band was great too. He opened dramatically with "Assassin" and played a few belters before doing a few acoustic tracks on his own, before welcoming his band back on to do some great classics and a few from his current album. His encore was fantastic, he covered "Message in a Bottle" and did "Hey Georgia", a song which the crowd had been aching to hear. Such a feel good show, loved it. Managed to get a pic with Ellie Goulding, her drummer and keyboards/guitarist afterwards, not bad!

Last edited by niwebb-x on Tue 25 May 2010, 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Nia
Jonny Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophiee on Tue 25 May 2010, 1:24 am

HEADLINE: Emarosa

SUPPORT: Deaf Havana, We Don't Dance To Love Songs

VENUE: Cathouse

DATE: 23/5/10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): Mmm, roughly 300? Bit more maybe. Not too mental, there was a pit during Deaf Havana but that's it haha.

First band, We Don't Dance To Love Songs weren't bad. They were catchy and did a cover of 5ive which was actually pretty awesome. I can't make my mind up on Deaf Havana since Ryan's left. They weren't terrible but it just didn't really work out too well when they did older songs which were primarily Ryans vocals. Emarosa were excellent. Jonny Craig has an amazing voice live and he really was amazing. Their set was about 50 minutes which was pretty good and they played two new songs I think.
Cathouse was bloody roasting though, that's the main criticism from that haha.
Sophiee
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.myspace.com/airguitarsuperstar92

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach on Tue 25 May 2010, 2:25 am

Ah man, We Don't Dance to Love songs have come a long way! I used to be friends with Stefan back when they played little pubs. Aw.
Rach
Zzzonked

Back to top Go down

Post by leeburgess on Tue 25 May 2010, 12:31 pm

HEADLINE: Alkaline Trio

SUPPORT: Set Your Goals, Attack! Attack!

VENUE: Manchester Academy 1

DATE: 24/5/10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): Wasn't sold out, 1500 tops...and shite.

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 6/10

Attack! Attack! sounded impressive, I've seen them a couple of times, but they really took advantage of the Academy's excellant soundsystem. The best performance I've seen of them, they deserve to do well. Shame they came on 15mins after doors, the place only had a couple of hundred people in when they started.

I was getting worried about how quiet it was, as SYG came on at 8pm, it was still very empty, and I had worries about how the crowd was going to be, as i wanted some serious mental shit, seen as I only came for SYG really. I was very letdown, seen as the first 3 songs was primarily me in a 4x4 metre square about 7 rows back throwing my shit down being my usual energetic self, and even though i felt like a bit of a tool, I was hoping it'd rally some people up. There were some people singing and minimally jumping about towards the front, about it. For the size of SYG, I was shocked. As their set progressed, more and more people were getting involved, to maybe 30 or so kinda getting involved for set closer Mutiny!.... i was fucking knackered at the end, I did enjoy having space to mosh in though, getting some serious skanking and shit down to them riffs, especially Goonies Never Say Die, cause push pits do piss me off when they aint needed. Got a cheeky crowdsurf in and Matt gave me the mic, but the security was a right cunt to me, giving me a right earful.
SYG's set was spot on for a support slot though and they were brilliant.

I ain't a big Alkaline Trio fan, never got into them. I stood at the bar and chilled, they played all the big hits, apart from my 2 faves, Time To Waste and Mercy Me off Crimson (they're the only 2 songs I really know, that's why)...left when they went off for their encore to beat the traffic for this show as well as Peter Kay at the MEN as it was my staff do afterwards. Bumped into Jordan from SYG though who thanked me for getting the crowd going and said something like the crowd probabaly wouldn't have got going if it wasn't for me. Chuffed.
leeburgess
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by leeburgess on Wed 02 Jun 2010, 1:21 pm

HEADLINE: Slam Dunk Festival

SUPPORT: Save Your Breath, All Or Nothing, Me Vs Hero, This Time Next Year, The Wonder Years, Set Your Goals, Fireworks, Four Year Strong, Futures, New Found Glory

VENUE: Leeds Uni

DATE: 30/5/10

CROWD (SIZE, MENTALNESS): Mental oriental...6000?

RATE (OUT OF TEN)AND REVIEW: 10/10...the fucking tits.

cba writing a full review. too many bands.
SYB were good, as were AON, but bored of em really. MvH new shit sounds impressive, plenty of people had their moshing boots on nice and early, warmed me and warner up nicely.
missed most of TTNY due to queues out of MvH and trying to get down there, but they were good.
The Wonder Years got a stupidly amazing reception and it kicked the fuck off, proper epic shit. got some sick crowdsurfs in and got the mic a couple of times.
got some sick mosh down to SYG, made it to Fireworks and that finished me for the night, shattered. chilled with the missus for FYS and NFG, brilliant as per, top ass singalongs.
leeburgess
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Skully on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 12:57 am

Last gig was slamdunk glasgow
hated everyband that played.
only went cos i got a free ticket
utter balls it was.
Skully
Administrator