Re: THE GENERAL ELECTION

Post by Malky on Tue 20 Apr 2010, 8:00 am

Not a hard job in Dundee, eh
Malky

Back to top Go down

Post by GeorgeMoshington on Tue 20 Apr 2010, 8:06 am

Malky wrote:Not a hard job in Dundee, eh

Plenty of targets, wouldn't know where to get the ammunition.
GeorgeMoshington
Come Join The Feast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandpa Clivey on Wed 21 Apr 2010, 11:55 pm

When Clegg spoke about expenses he would have been wise to reflect on his own. He claimed £1.50 for some tissues, and £630 to build a low wall by his garden rose bed. Of the 3 party leaders his expenses were the greatest. When he was an MEP he flew economy class but charged the taxpayer business class,

As for drugs the LibDem manifesto says:"We will base drugs policy on independent scientific advice."

The Conservatives say: "we will create a dedicated Border Police Force, as part of a refocused Serious Organised Crime Agency, to enhance national security, improve immigration controls, and crack down on the trafficking of people, weapons and drugs."

and "At the moment, many prisoners leave jail and lapse back into a life of drink, drugs and re-offending. We will never bring our crime rate down or start to reduce the costs of crime until we properly rehabilitate ex-prisoners. So, with a Conservative government, when offenders leave prison, they will be trained and rehabilitated by private and voluntary sector providers, under supervision."

and: "We will give courts the power to use abstinence-based Drug Rehabilitation Orders to help offenders kick drugs once and for all. We will introduce a system of temporary bans on new ‘legal highs’ while health issues are considered by independent experts."

The Labour manifesto says: "On drugs, our message is clear: we will not tolerate illegal drug use. We have reclassified cannabis to Class B and banned ‘legal highs’.

This is what I've found by doing a search to find the word "drugs" in each of the manifestoes. There are other referebces to "drugs" in realation to the NHS in both the Conservative and Labour manifestoes, but not the LibDem manifesto.
Grandpa Clivey
Take To The Skies

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola.the.hunter on Thu 22 Apr 2010, 2:27 am

I'm still totally stuck on who I want to vote for. Just can't seem to decide who.
nicola.the.hunter
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by ChumbaWumba on Thu 22 Apr 2010, 4:00 am

nicola.the.hunter wrote:I'm still totally stuck on who I want to vote for. Just can't seem to decide who.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8515961.stm#subject=key&col1=conservative&col2=labour&col3=libdem

This helped me decide on the Lib Dems since I didn't watch the party debate that everyone's on about Smile
ChumbaWumba
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.facebook.com/absolutelucidity

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola.the.hunter on Thu 22 Apr 2010, 4:06 am

I've read all of that, its a really good way to look at what they have to say. I still dont know though haha. I agree with some things one person says, but then disagree with other stuff.
nicola.the.hunter
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeLee on Thu 22 Apr 2010, 6:25 am

Even though i can't vote, i was reading through some key points of Labour, Conservatives and lib dems' manifesto's and lib dems seemed the best to me. But like Nicole said, i agree with some stuff, and disagree with other stuff so meh, i don't need to choose.
LeeLee
Jonny Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandpa Clivey on Thu 22 Apr 2010, 8:46 am

I'd dowload the full manifestos, from that BBC page and read them, not just the BBC's summing up of policies.
Grandpa Clivey
Take To The Skies

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeLee on Thu 22 Apr 2010, 9:11 am

I might download them and have a look, Doesn't really concern me.
LeeLee
Jonny Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Malky on Sat 24 Apr 2010, 7:10 am

This does not shock me one bit
Malky

Back to top Go down

Post by Jed on Sat 24 Apr 2010, 8:26 am

Because it's The Sun?

I don't think anybody in the North West Liverpool/The Wirral really buys the Sun, quite rightly.

http://www.anfieldroad.com/dont-buy-the-sun/
Jed

http://www.facebook.com/JedJedJed

Back to top Go down

Post by Elemental on Sat 24 Apr 2010, 10:49 am

Allow The Sun.
Elemental
Come Join The Feast

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess on Sun 25 Apr 2010, 1:10 am

I'm voting Lib Dem.
Jess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.facebook.com/jessmelling

Back to top Go down

Post by kappa99 on Wed 28 Apr 2010, 3:02 am

A newspaper has a political slant?Well I never!

If you look at what the Daily Record has done with recent headlines about Cameron "on a hiding" after debates etc etc, it doesnt mention once the fact that although he may have been second, Brown was third and was a bumbling idiot (the record is a staunch labour supporter).

the fact labour has moved boundaries of constituencies tomake it more difficult for the other 2 to win seats is disgusting, it means Labour may be 3rd most popular, but win the most seats. Its disgusting.

As for Clegg, I do like a few Lib Dem policies, however we need a leader, not a TV Star. Obama was a huge TV star, full of charisma but already he is the least popular president with Americans, in the modern era.
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by warnerbro on Wed 28 Apr 2010, 3:07 am

kappa99 wrote:

the fact labour has moved boundaries of constituencies tomake it more difficult for the other 2 to win seats is disgusting, it means Labour may be 3rd most popular, but win the most seats. Its disgusting.

That's why we need political reform really. First past the post system is shite.
warnerbro
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/warnerbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandpa Clivey on Thu 29 Apr 2010, 9:40 am

In many ways I agree that First Past the Post is something that needs looking at. I live in a parliamentary constiuency which has been Labour for 34 of the last 36 years, although on the Council the area has more Conservative councillors than Labour and LibDem ones.

The fairest way is the Open List system, but you have to have multi-member constitusencies, which I'm not against. First past th Post does normally allow one Party to get on and govern, while proportional representation means that parties have to work together, which I'm all in favour of, but it doesn't always work in practice.

In this election both the Conservatives and LibDems what to scrap ID cards and cut bureaucracy, and the LibDems now agree with Conservative policy to cut out regional government and the Regional Development Agencies (previously the Lib Dems were very strongly in favour of Regional Government). Labour wants to strengthen Regional Government, and want ID cards.
When it comes to the Criminal Justice System, all 3 parties have different views, while all three agree on the War in Afghanistan. The LibDems want to replace the Pound with the Euro; the Conservatives don't.

Parliaments based on proportional representation don't necessarily lead to good Government.

The French scapped the First Past the Post system in favour of proportional representation, but have now replaced that with a modified FPTP system.
Grandpa Clivey
Take To The Skies

Back to top Go down

Post by Malky on Thu 06 May 2010, 11:33 am

A final push to get you all voting!
Malky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 06 May 2010, 11:58 am

And if you're still going to vote Conservative...

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin on Thu 06 May 2010, 12:05 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/poverty-and-injustice-in-david-cameronrsquos-model-borough-1962318.html
Martin
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by GeorgeMoshington on Fri 07 May 2010, 6:43 am

Just voted, SNP. Jim McGovern out you scumbag, Would also prefer a torrie majority than labour staying in power. Everyone in Scotland should vote SNP Smile
GeorgeMoshington
Come Join The Feast

Back to top Go down

Post by HappySailor69 on Fri 07 May 2010, 7:15 am

Voted Peoples party of Essex, their manifesto is pretty decent.

http://www.peoplespartyessex.org.uk/aboutus.html
HappySailor69
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.captainjoshsparrow.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:12 am

They're a joke right? Website looks like it was knocked up on Frontpage, full of typos, full of grammatical fuck-ups etc.

"for free speach"

"People even myself asked; How can one man/or a small new group make a difference? IT is Not ONE Man, it is 50,000 Colcesterians. Colchester can make a difference for the whole country. Give us a LANDSLIDE victory & allow our destiny to be fulfilled. We are destined as a people to survive in this “our green and pleasant land” as are all people across the globe. "

I think it's a Year 7's homework. It's pretty robust and almost convincing though.

Back to top Go down

Post by HappySailor69 on Fri 07 May 2010, 8:16 am

They were actually standing! I think the best part of it is..

"Freeze fuel duty, built new private (toll) motorways."

Yep wErE gonna built new motaways us

I think even davey boy looks better than him.
HappySailor69
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.captainjoshsparrow.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Malky on Fri 07 May 2010, 9:29 am

ID Cards = Scrap them. Except for identification of newish immigrants.

HA.
Malky

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin on Fri 07 May 2010, 11:15 am

Peter Robinson lost his seat in Belfast East. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Martin
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top