Legal and Illegal highs

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legal and Illegal highs

Post by kappa99 on Thu 18 Mar 2010, 8:17 pm

Mainly- but not limited to- Coke, weed, mcat and pills. WHats your stance and opinions on them? Do you (or "a friend") take them? Plusses and negatives? Advice to people?

WARNING: Dont take the mick of anyone who does, or says they do anything in here. This is for discussion, not slaging. If you want to diss them, meet up with them, have a pint and get stuck in.
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Legal and Illegal highs

Post by David on Thu 18 Mar 2010, 9:47 pm

I think drugs are shit. A lot of people say I shouldn't have an opinion because I've never actually done anything more than smoke a bit of weed and therefore I can't tell you what a life changing effect a pill will have and how incredible a line of coke will make your night out. BUT, I have had a lot of first-hand experience of seeing people get fucked up by them, stealing money to pay for shit, neglecting their health and more importantly and more soul-destroyingly, neglecting their childrens' health and safety. All the while they're supporting an illegal, black market economy, that at some level is master-minded by some fucking unpleasant people. It's unmonitored, unregulated and totally ungood.

David
Sorry You're Not A Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 18 Mar 2010, 11:49 pm

Weed is the only thing I consider 'do-able', personally. I've never had any adverse effects from it, just a few giggles and the serious need for a pack of cookies and 6 cheeseburgers at 2am. I still think it should be a sort of one-off thing though, isolated from the rest of my time every now and then for a bit of a laugh. It shouldn't ever become as routine as regular smoking (and judging by half the kids in my college, thats the quickest way to turn yourself into a zombie)

Harder stuff is a definite no-no from me. Tried other things twice and it made me feel like absolute shite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy k on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 12:28 am

JackGDS wrote:Weed is the only thing I consider 'do-able', personally. I've never had any adverse effects from it, just a few giggles and the serious need for a pack of cookies and 6 cheeseburgers at 2am. I still think it should be a sort of one-off thing though, isolated from the rest of my time every now and then for a bit of a laugh. It shouldn't ever become as routine as regular smoking (and judging by half the kids in my college, thats the quickest way to turn yourself into a zombie)

Harder stuff is a definite no-no from me. Tried other things twice and it made me feel like absolute shite.

i agree with everything you just said.
i smoke a bit of weed every now and then but i just treat it like drinking.
Tommy k
Step Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 12:44 am

I've only ever tried weed. Didn't have much effect on me at all, apart from giving me giggles.
I wouldn't do anything else.
Rach
Zzzonked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jed on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 12:57 am

Pretty much agree with the above. I only do weed, on occasion. I gave up smoking last week and plan to stick to it. Although weed only seems to be a summer thing. I've never really done anything hard. Although I remember one time we sprayed our joints with ketamine. Don't do it it's fucking dangerous, I remember dragging my mate back to the pub after a bad trip (where he proceeded to play drums 100% perfect somehow).
Weed also comes with good trips and bad trips, I've spent nights giggling with my friends all night and I've also spent nights sitting on my own thinking I'm doing fuck all with my life. I'd advise against most of them. Also mephadrone (MCAT) is dodgy because you dunno what the fuck is in it, stay away.
Jed

http://www.facebook.com/JedJedJed

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 1:11 am

Weed at parties and such, and just treated as a one off thing is okay i think, i've never tried it, and don't want to but thats my opinion on that.

At the moment methrodrone(sp), which is legal, is the big one at the moment round our school/sixth form. Literally half of year 10/11/12 are doing it, it's crazy and so stupid.
There are bare stoners. My friend who started by getting addicted to smoking, then tried weed, got addicted to that, then moved on to ketamin(sp) is now a state. I feel so sorry for him but it's his own fault.
Ohh and also, another friend of mine who used to be SO clever and doing really well for himself, is now a drug dealer. Takes various types of pills and sells stuff to earn money to pay for more drugs. Sad
My friend also attempted growing weed, pathetic.
I hate drugs, except alcohol.
I also think smoking is very unattractive and don't think it's anything special.
Jess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.facebook.com/jessmelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandpa Clivey on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 2:21 am

I've never seen the need to take any illegal substance, or any legal "high". I once tried my father's lukewarm pipe, and that, combined with his smoker's cough, was enough to put me off smoking for life. As I'm an asthma sufferer it was a wise choice.

I've just remembered I haven't yet taken one of my prescription medications (flecainide acetate) which regulates my heart beat so that my heart doesn't trip into atrial fibrillation.

I do ocassionally drink, but am not supposed to have more than 10 units of alcohol in any 7 day period. Most of the time I have much less - in the last 7 days I've had about 8 units. The last time I drank more than 10 units was at Melkweg, Amsterdam, before and during the ES gig. I have stopped drinking alcohol at home, and I don't go out much.

I wouldn't now take any extra drug, prescription, legal, or illegal without researching into how it would affect my prescription medication, e.g. I can't have some prescription antibiotics because they react badly with other essential medication. Fuck knows how illegal drugs or legal highs would react with my prescription drugs, and illegal drugs are supplied by criminals whio are also into people trafficking and prostitution.

But the truth is that I don't need to take weed, or similar, as I naturally feel good.
Grandpa Clivey
Take To The Skies

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankie on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 2:43 am

I pretty much agree. I think weeds fine, but not as a constant thing.
So many people in my year have started taking meth, it's stupid. Even some of my best friends are now on it and seeing what it has done to them is enough to put me off.
Frankie
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=774535176&r

Back to top Go down

Post by leeburgess on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 3:13 am

Since starting uni, i've become surrounded by drugs and fuck heads.
The best person on my course is also the biggest fuck head on my course and i just wonder what he'd be like if he'd never done anything.

i smoke weed on occasion, i don't buy it (unless i'm in amsterdam Very Happy), but if someones having a joint, i'll have some, or chip in if need be. i just like the feeling, the munchies can be annoying, ie/ 4 takeaways in a night in amsterdam.

i've done mcat quite a few times since starting uni, it's got so popular in the past 10 months or whatever. it is turning illegal soon or has recently. you've gotta be sensible with it, i like doing it on nights out, but apparently it isnt addictive as a substance, but i can imagine it being mentally. i know coops and warner are fans.

i don't think i'll ever do anything harder really, just cause if i try it and like it, then it's the beginning of a potential downfall.

i just don't see the point in spending shed loads of money on it as well, but every now and again, if you're sensible, suppose it's ok.
leeburgess
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/leejamesburgess

Back to top Go down

Post by kappa99 on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 3:32 am

Jess. wrote:
There are bare stoners. My friend who started by getting addicted to smoking, then tried weed, got addicted to that

Weed isnt actually addictive.

iv never had M-Cat, its not readily available up here and no one I know up here does it, but I know plenty of English people who do. Warner is always banging on about it, as are a few people who I know would wish to remain anonymous. TBH, booze and the odd smoke does it for me, Mr Stella and Mr Smirnoff keep me happy, although this year I only drank in Amsterdam and Barras/King Tuts gigs, havent drank since and dont plan to until I go to Ibiza/Portugal next month, and then again until Evolution.
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HappySailor69 on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 3:44 am

Personally I cant do anything due to having a drugs test in October, and with alot of people around me doing mcat and weeds its quite hard, generally I stick to getting very very drunk and smoking instead. In all honesty though I dont really see the point in it, its a real waste of money.

Alot of people I know do both Weed and Mcat, personally Ive only ever done weed. Dont see any problem with doing either. Harder drugs i.e. smack, coke, acid etc and a real no no no, seen what it does to people, and its not something ive ever really wanted. Only reason mcat is now seen as "bad" is because of the two mugs who took 2grms in a night.

Personally I like it when I get texts through from people (not saying who) when on mcat such as;
"Im seeing leprecorns, little men in green suits everywhere"
"im bouncing on my titties, well fucked"

also last thurs my mate was zoned out on the dancefloor, was the funniest thing.

What disappoints me more is when I see people round college dealing and doing coke in the toilets or round the bins, reaaaal classy.

EDIT: Reading Jack's post reminded me of earlier today when me and my mate were walking to college he was spouting on about how he was still feeling the effects of taking mcat thursday, he's recently been getting into it, and if im honest Ive seen him change, cant really sum it up, but there is a change in him, kinda like a "give a fuck" attitude. But this might be due to the fact his drink was spiked badly in Yates' last thurs

Also if you've ever read Nikki Sixx's heroin diaries its pretty fucked, when he'd shoot up with smack then use coke to bring him down, ended up ODing and dying. (before being brought back) and if you've seen Harry Brown, the druggies on thats are seriously fucked up.

Last edited by JoshXCI on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 4:22 am; edited 3 times in total
HappySailor69
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.captainjoshsparrow.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the prodigy rule on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 3:50 am

lolkol

Last edited by the prodigy rule on Sun 25 Apr 2010, 1:08 am; edited 2 times in total
the prodigy rule
Sorry You're Not A Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeLee on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 4:34 am

I wanna go shroom picking, apparently there's a patch up the downs where i live.
LeeLee
Jonny Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Charn on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 4:35 am

LeeLee wrote:I wanna go shroom picking, apparently there's a patch up the downs where i live.

you're only 14!
Charn
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeLee on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 4:43 am

they're not addictive are they?

Smoke weed occasionally, and that's not addictive unless you take a stronger substance with it. Don't smoke Tobacco.
LeeLee
Jonny Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Euan on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 4:48 am

Used to smoke weed daily, but not so much now. Though that's purely because I'm always skint. I'd do shrooms but I'm probably not gonna actively try and get some.

My mate used to do a shitload of coke but got off it thankfully. To be honest weed and shrooms is all I really consider alright. But that doesn't mean I think everything else should be illegal or anything, I just think it can fuck you up pretty bad.
Euan
Take To The Skies

http://www.facebook.com/euankidd

Back to top Go down

Post by ChumbaWumba on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 6:17 am

I'm a smoker and of course drink but have never taken any other drug. I've been around people smoking weed and would like to try it in the future but i'm perfectly happy without it tbh.
ChumbaWumba
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.facebook.com/absolutelucidity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophiee on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 6:39 am

I drink and smoke and very occasionally smoke weed, but that's as far as I'd go. Mainly cos I'm too scared to try anything else and I'm comfortable with that.
I didn't realise how big mephadrome is until now, but like Kev said, it doesn't seem as available up here. Even though it is legal I doubt I'd every try it, reminds me too much of coke and there doesn't seem to be much information on it atm, which makes me wary.
Sophiee
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.myspace.com/airguitarsuperstar92

Back to top Go down

Post by Jed on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 6:46 am

I know lads that stand behind the local Spar snorting it off the recycle bins. It's a fucking lame habit. Although I don't think I'll ever stay off smoking tobacco or weed forever.
Jed

http://www.facebook.com/JedJedJed

Back to top Go down

Post by HappySailor69 on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 6:58 am

LeeLee wrote:they're not addictive are they?

Smoke weed occasionally, and that's not addictive unless you take a stronger substance with it. Don't smoke Tobacco.

Tobacco isn't actually addictive, its the nicotine.
HappySailor69
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by HappySailor69 on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 7:02 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methadrone

If anyone is interested.
HappySailor69
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 7:08 am

Sophiee wrote:I drink and smoke and very occasionally smoke weed, but that's as far as I'd go. Mainly cos I'm too scared to try anything else and I'm comfortable with that.
I didn't realise how big mephadrome is until now, but like Kev said, it doesn't seem as available up here. Even though it is legal I doubt I'd every try it, reminds me too much of coke and there doesn't seem to be much information on it atm, which makes me wary.

It is, although it's likely that's just down to who I speak to, rather than it being readily available. I know at least three or four people who buy it off the internet.

Also, it is *technically* illegal. To sell it legally, you've got to mark it as 'Not Fit For Human Consumption'; it's only legal as a plant food, or something like that.
Martin
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 7:46 am

when i meant addictive, i guess i just meant weed wasn't strong enough for my friend, he needed something harder, eg ketamine
Jess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.facebook.com/jessmelling

Back to top Go down

Post by HappySailor69 on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 7:46 am

Martin just read the wiki page Razz
HappySailor69
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down