Legal and Illegal highs

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Legal and Illegal highs

Post by HappySailor69 on Fri 02 Apr 2010, 1:53 am

Apprently theres a new legal drug coming to the UK called n something, was on news this morning. Being shipped over from Belgium.

Last edited by JoshXCI on Fri 02 Apr 2010, 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
HappySailor69
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.captainjoshsparrow.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by warnerbro on Fri 02 Apr 2010, 2:04 am

True blood yeh? Razz
warnerbro
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/warnerbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach on Fri 02 Apr 2010, 2:07 am

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100331/twl-deadly-new-legal-drug-bound-for-brit-3fd0ae9.html

Sounds dangerous. But as I've said before, I'd never touch anything that could really badly fuck me up in the head. Whether it's legal or illegal.
Rach
Zzzonked

Back to top Go down

Post by the prodigy rule on Fri 02 Apr 2010, 5:00 am

lol23

Last edited by the prodigy rule on Sun 25 Apr 2010, 1:06 am; edited 2 times in total
the prodigy rule
Sorry You're Not A Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by the prodigy rule on Fri 02 Apr 2010, 12:30 pm

edit....................

Last edited by the prodigy rule on Sun 25 Apr 2010, 1:06 am; edited 2 times in total
the prodigy rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandpa Clivey on Sat 03 Apr 2010, 12:09 am

Times have certainly changed since I was 20.

I think there probably needs to be some reclassification of drugs, and that some drugs should be available either by prescription or on licence. Certainly more pople die from smoking tobacco and drinking alcohol than die from illegal drugs. Hard drugs should be outlawed, but as for soft drugs I have a bit of an open mind. Much more research needs to be done on long term effects, and the effects ion whether soft drug taking leads to hard drug taking with vulnerable people.

Last edited by Grandpa Clivey on Thu 22 Apr 2010, 8:30 am; edited 3 times in total
Grandpa Clivey
Take To The Skies

Back to top Go down

Post by kappa99 on Sun 04 Apr 2010, 11:36 am

i dont understand, Clive, how you can be so pro-conservative, and be an ex tory councillor bbut be so left wing?Its confusing me lol.
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandpa Clivey on Sun 04 Apr 2010, 7:58 pm

My Conservative ethos can be summed up in these words (not mine, but I read them recently):

"The state is your servant, never your master.
It should defend people from every threat - but it should not use that as a premise to infringe unnecessarily on the freedom of the individual.
As far as humanly possibly, it should crush bureaucracy and hand power to the people.
And the state should support wealth creation, aspiration and enterprise with low taxes, not replace it with grandiose 5-year plans.
Compassion is not just about what the State does on behalf of us all, it is about what we do as individuals, in our families, in our communities, together."

The same writer wrote:

"The importance of family life was underlined early on in my political career by a visit to the Young Offenders Institution at Feltham, where I saw children denied a decent start ending up in the prison system.
They were not the feral youths portrayed by some, but sad kids often unable to read or write, their lives destroyed by drugs.
This terrible discarding of young people, the waste of so many lives, infuriates me and inspires my fight for change."

In life generally I have libertarian attitudes, letting the individual do what they want as long as it does not infringe unnecessarily of the freedom of others. I will never take anything but prescribed drugs, while being aware that the interaction of some prescribed drugs with my existing prescribed drugs could cause me great harm.

I cannot see why anyone would want to use either illegal drugs or legal highs. Life is good as it is. I don't need to experience hallucinations or artificial feelings of euphoria.

There's always a risk with illegal drugs and legal highs. What are the long term risks? While one person can regularly take mephadrone without a problem; it can kill another person. The same with E, and other drugs. What does an illegal drug actually contain?
Who is getting rich from selling you an illegal drug? - pimps, money launderers, large crime syndicates, people traffickers, people who don't give a fuck how the drug may screw you up, or the misery it may cause you or those who love you, or anyone who's burgled or attacked because you're addicted to the drug. (70+ % of all crime is connected with drug abuse).

I know the classification of drugs probably needs revising. And while the state should be our servant, we need to ensure that every young person gets the best start in life they can, the best education, the best love from their parents or guardians, and that they can be intelligent enough to know the potential risks of everything they do. I don't want to see any lives destroyed by drugs, whether it's kids in Young Offenders' Institutes, or whether it's intelligent kids, or adults.

Lleft wing govenerments - New Labour, Old Labour and Communist all want to increase state control, whether by regulations or by nationalisation. And this means that our lives and our freedom is controlled by the State - the state as master not servant. But freedom carries with it responsibility to look after those in greatest need.

Last edited by Grandpa Clivey on Thu 22 Apr 2010, 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Grandpa Clivey
Take To The Skies

Back to top Go down

Post by the prodigy rule on Mon 05 Apr 2010, 5:58 am

lol3333

the prodigy rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandpa Clivey on Tue 06 Apr 2010, 1:03 am

So Kev, is all now clear?
The quote on my last post was from David Cameron, Daily Telegraph, April 3rd, 2010.
Grandpa Clivey
Take To The Skies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top