Political Correctness

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Political Correctness

Post by kappa99 on Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:59 pm

Has it gone too far?
Is baa baa black sheep really that offensive?Is it insulting to minorities to ban Christian events being publicised or removing words like black board in case they are offended?

Is it stupid words like "love" or "the girls" when meaning women is considered insulting?


DISCUSS BITCHES
avatar
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Location : Scotland

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Correctness

Post by Jed on Wed 31 Mar 2010, 12:33 am

kappa99 wrote:DISCUSS BITCHES

I am offended and I am suing you.
avatar
Jed
Moderator

Age : 24
Location : Mynydd Isa/Cardiff

http://www.facebook.com/JedJedJed

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Correctness

Post by Martin on Wed 31 Mar 2010, 1:40 am

Goes both ways IMO.

Stuff like Baa Baa Black Sheep, as you mentioned, and banning the use of the word 'Christmas' in some places is OTT. It causes unnecessary tension between ethnic groups, because if you ask any member of one of the communities some of the rulings are supposed to "protect", they couldn't give two fucks about nursery rhymes or other religions' holidays. The Daily Mail runs an "It's political correctness gone mad" story, everyone goes up in arms, and minorities are attacked from all angles and are hit with "If you don't like it, fuck off", etc, etc, when in reality, most of them couldn't care about British traditions, and the guilty party is local councils who know fuck all about the area and the community they control.

At the same time, the "It's political correctness gone mad" line is the easiest line in the book for casual racists to trot out, because they get annoyed that they're not allowed to call people niggers anymore.
avatar
Martin
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 27
Location : Probably asleep in a hedge

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Correctness

Post by apap3rplat3 on Wed 31 Mar 2010, 9:22 am

Some teacher I had a few years ago tried to tell me that the term "Mexican" is not politically correct. Bitch, if someone is from Mexico, they are Mexican. If someone is from China, they are Chinese. Some people don't fully understand what is and isn't politically correct and some take it's purpose way too far.
avatar
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

Age : 23
Location : Yukon, Oklahoma, USA

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1413049329&

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Correctness

Post by Jess on Wed 31 Mar 2010, 9:45 am

My youngest cousin is in preschool or w/e you call it.
They sing 'baa baa grey sheep. SO RIDICULOUS.
It makes it MORE noticable and MORE unnecessary by doing that!

Plus 'grey' at the age of 2/3 or however old she is sounds like 'gay.'
avatar
Jess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 25
Location : London

http://www.facebook.com/jessmelling

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Correctness

Post by kappa99 on Wed 31 Mar 2010, 7:48 pm

Martin wrote:

At the same time, the "It's political correctness gone mad" line is the easiest line in the book for casual racists to trot out, because they get annoyed that they're not allowed to call people niggers anymore.

Theres a difference between that, and calling a black board a black board.
interestingly, no one is up in arms at the fact we still have whiteboards, and that things get whitewashed. Surely either both or neither are racist.
avatar
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Location : Scotland

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Correctness

Post by Elemental on Wed 31 Mar 2010, 8:39 pm

I think Martin is spot on.
avatar
Elemental
Come Join The Feast

Location : Location

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Correctness

Post by kappa99 on Wed 31 Mar 2010, 8:59 pm

I do and I dont. I think people- Daily Mail readers or not- have every right to feel aggrieved that we are made to feel ashamed of our traditions and beliefs, and I think its awful that trendy lefts think that minorities get offended by us celebrating Christams. I sometimes wonder if they ever ask "Am i offended if I see a Chinese man celebrating new year in February?". Of course your not. Im just slightly annoyed I cant get sweet n sour for a couple of weeks!

What gets my back up is how so many (lefts again) point the finger and yell RACIST and assume you have a shrine to Nick Griffin if you say something simple such as you think Immigration should be curbed. that doesnt mean you hate certain minorities etc, it just means you want the best for your country. Whatever happened to a bit of pride in where we are from? This is probably the one thing we could learn from America.
avatar
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Location : Scotland

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Correctness

Post by David on Wed 31 Mar 2010, 9:23 pm

Everything Martin said times ten.

And as far as curbing immigration goes, I just don't think that is what is best for our country. Yes, there are immigrants who play the government like the fools they are and take advantage of our welfare state and benefits system. But there are a hundred times more British people doing the same thing already. To blame the problem on immigration is totally crazy. Our government is a push over and gives any old dickhead money, just that a foreign dickhead getting some money is a better news story.

David
Sorry You're Not A Winner


Back to top Go down

Re: Political Correctness

Post by kappa99 on Wed 31 Mar 2010, 9:43 pm

Immigration isnt the problem, David, but we need to sort our own house out first. We dont have many jobs going at the moment and we need to sort out our own finances and economy for the people who are already here, once we do that, then we can offer what we were able to offer the huge number of people who have came here over the last 20 years.

Your right though- there are far too many welfare dependant people who see benefits as an easy ride. The problem is, the Labour government is OBSESSED with buying votes. If you know that your guaranteed money for doing nothing but churning out babies because Labour are in power, of course your going to vote them back in. Its part of the reason we'r so crippled financially- we spend too much money on too many people.


What we do need to sort is the problem with immigration- when you look at Birmingham, Glasgow and London, you see pockets of ethnic groups huddled away together. Whether they dont want to mix or they are too scared to or we are too unwelcoming I dont know, but we need to end up where we are a soceity of British people, and whether your white black or blue, your a British person and seen as such.

i drove through a place in london a few weeks ago and for about maybe 2 miles all i saw was Asian people and I wondered why that is- have we shunned them and pushed them into this corner because we dont want them here?Do they not like the "white british christian" type of person to want to live beside one? Either way its something we need addressed because for this country which has been so important for centuries to continue that way, we need to all live as one.
avatar
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Location : Scotland

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Correctness

Post by joebarnes on Wed 31 Mar 2010, 11:53 pm

Exactly as some one said above, with "Ba Ba Black Sheep" being ban. OTT things like that are what create needless ethnic tension.

I think some people at the top should sit down and really think what would offend certain people. Such as walking round pretending to be a nazi, in full uniform.

If this carries on, soon they will have to rename "The Black Country"
avatar
joebarnes
Jonny Sniper

Age : 25
Location : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Correctness

Post by Martin on Thu 01 Apr 2010, 1:01 am

kappa99 wrote:
Martin wrote:

At the same time, the "It's political correctness gone mad" line is the easiest line in the book for casual racists to trot out, because they get annoyed that they're not allowed to call people niggers anymore.

Theres a difference between that, and calling a black board a black board.
interestingly, no one is up in arms at the fact we still have whiteboards, and that things get whitewashed. Surely either both or neither are racist.

Did you miss the first half of my post where I agreed with that haha?
avatar
Martin
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 27
Location : Probably asleep in a hedge

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Correctness

Post by ChumbaWumba on Thu 01 Apr 2010, 4:49 am

Whiteboards are remarkable.
avatar
ChumbaWumba
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 25
Location : Hull/ Wolverhampton

http://www.facebook.com/absolutelucidity

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Correctness

Post by leeburgess on Thu 01 Apr 2010, 12:21 pm

ChumbaWumba91 wrote:Whiteboards are remarkable.

all the shit about changing the names of white/blackboards to marker/chalk boards or whatever is a fucking joke.
and the brain storms to "mind shower" or mind maps or whatever. it's just ridiculous.

even farmville on facebook called all the christmas stuff "holiday" this, and that, and now all the easter stuff is "spring" this and that. i know it's only farmville etc, but it's just showing how lame it is. more people are offended by them changing the name.
avatar
leeburgess
Buzzer

Age : 26
Location : Burnley, Lancashire

http://www.facebook.com/leejamesburgess

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Correctness

Post by Sophiee on Thu 01 Apr 2010, 12:50 pm

leeburgess wrote:even farmville on facebook called all the christmas stuff "holiday" this, and that, and now all the easter stuff is "spring" this and that. i know it's only farmville etc, but it's just showing how lame it is. more people are offended by them changing the name.
Lulz at you still playing Farmville.
avatar
Sophiee
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 25
Location : Strathaven, Scotland.

http://www.myspace.com/airguitarsuperstar92

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Correctness

Post by leeburgess on Thu 01 Apr 2010, 12:57 pm

Sophiee wrote:
leeburgess wrote:even farmville on facebook called all the christmas stuff "holiday" this, and that, and now all the easter stuff is "spring" this and that. i know it's only farmville etc, but it's just showing how lame it is. more people are offended by them changing the name.
Lulz at you still playing Farmville.
i check it everynow and then.
avatar
leeburgess
Buzzer

Age : 26
Location : Burnley, Lancashire

http://www.facebook.com/leejamesburgess

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Correctness

Post by warnerbro on Thu 01 Apr 2010, 12:59 pm

you live on it, luez.
avatar
warnerbro
Buzzer

Age : 27
Location : Leicester

http://www.facebook.com/warnerbro

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Correctness

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum