Abortion

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Abortion

Post by aprilMCC on Thu 09 Feb 2012, 12:04 pm

I found an interesting article on the history of abortions and whether or not they should be legal. It's a bit of a read but if you've got the time I'd definitely suggest reading it.
aprilMCC
Come Join The Feast

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobbsy on Thu 09 Feb 2012, 12:16 pm

This is why I do anal.
Hobbsy
Administrator

http://www.facebook.com/JamesHobbs182

Back to top Go down

Post by kappa99 on Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:39 pm

women get too much say on the decision.
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by beth on Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:31 pm

kappa99 wrote:women get too much say on the decision.
I think if you were the one that had to go through pregnancy and labour that comment would quickly change.
You know what it feels like to think you've accidentally gotten pregnant and that you're going to need to spend the rest of your life caring for a child you're not sure you're capable of looking after? Experience that, then say women get too much say on it.

I think you people are right in saying that abortion should by no means be used as contraceptive, however, there are circumstances in which I think it's better for a woman/girl to have an abortion. You think a 14 year old girl who's gotten pregnant accidentally can look after a child? What about if a girl is raped and becomes pregnant, she should need to keep that child? Bollocks. I'm, for the most part, pro-choice. People who are lazy and irresponsible shouldn't be seeing abortion as a way out, especially when you can get free condoms/the morning after pill in most places now, those are the type of people who shouldn't be having sex in the first place, obviously too immature.
beth
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/Bethhhy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bess on Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:01 am

I agree with you Beth. I think, with regards to rape/being way too young, that people back abortion 100%. I also think that if a 14 year old truly, with all her heart, wants to keep her baby then she can be a good mother with the right support. Like with most things, every situation is totally unique and should be viewed as such.

I see what Kev is saying, from a guys point of view it must be horrible to want a child that the woman you got pregnant wants to get rid of. But like you said, it's the woman who has to bare the child for 9 months, go through labour...it's such a tricky one, I'm not sure if there's any right or wrong to be honest.
Bess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=646880048&r

Back to top Go down

Post by orwellaintdead on Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:14 am

People also are overlooking the fact that an abortion is quite a horrific ordeal to go through. It's not just simple, painless and effortless as is being made out. Seems its being compared to just taking a morning after pill.
orwellaintdead
We Can Breathe In Space

Back to top Go down

Post by Bess on Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:38 am

orwellaintdead wrote:People also are overlooking the fact that an abortion is quite a horrific ordeal to go through. It's not just simple, painless and effortless as is being made out. Seems its being compared to just taking a morning after pill.
I think that would be the problem with advertising it on TV (as one private clinic wants to do) - I do think some people are niave as to what an abortion is actually like. I can only imagine what a horrible ordeal it must be, both physically and emotionally...not fun. It's not like just having a period for fucks sake.
Bess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by kappa99 on Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:42 am

What a woman goes through in pregnancy isnt easy. granted. BUT.... the one FOR SURE way of avoiding conceiving is not to have sex. You dont have to have sex.

Its unfair that a man could be in the position of becoming a father, wanting to be a father and yet the woman can, without him having any say in the word, take that honour and privilige away from him.

Think about how crushing it is for a woman to lose a baby through a miscarriage. Again, the man doesnt have the physical harm caused by a miscarriage, but that child the woman wanted is taken away from her, without her having a choice. Nature chose, the woman didnt. Thats what is effectively happening if a man wants that child.

If both parties agree one way, then fair enough, thats their choice. But to take the life, the opportunity away fromboth the child and one parent is really, really unfair.
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by orwellaintdead on Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:48 am

If the only way for someone have a child is through forcing a woman they accidently got pregnant continue with the pregnancy, then you have a problem.
orwellaintdead
We Can Breathe In Space

Back to top Go down

Post by kappa99 on Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:51 am

It takes two to tango dude. If your really really scared of getting pregnant, and arent willing to accept that not even rubbers are 100% effective, theres an easy option.
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Bess on Wed 22 Feb 2012, 9:35 am

I honestly see your point Kev, I really truly do. But if it became some thing where guys could legally challenge whether or not a woman kept the baby, where would the line be drawn? What if she was raped and the rapist wanted to keep the child? So many rapists aren't convicted, probably most. The thought of a man who raped a woman getting some kind of say in whether she kept their baby is pretty disgusting.

There's no way around it really. Just have to hope the woman listens to the man and takes into consideration what he says and feels. I know I would, but then I could never get rid of a baby anyway.
Bess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by kappa99 on Wed 22 Feb 2012, 11:44 am

Rape is a totally different scenario. As is underage pregnancy x
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by leeburgess on Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:28 pm

Chicks, stop bringing rape into context to aid your arguments when I'm pretty confident that everyone speaking in this topic is on the same page when it comes down to abortion post rape.

From Kev saying that blokes should have more say about abortions, to then turn it round to say, "well should the rapist have a say" is completely moronic and unrelated to Kev's actually comment and meanings behind them.
leeburgess
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/leejamesburgess

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilMCC on Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:06 pm

I've said it before, but I guess I'll mention it again. Women have died during pregnancy. To me, if that's the risk then the woman should have the majority of the say in whether or not THEY have to carry a child in them for nine months. I understand it'd be tough for the father but there's so much more at stake for the woman. (Her job, her livelihood, her life, and so on)
aprilMCC
Come Join The Feast

Back to top Go down

Post by Bess on Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:42 pm

leeburgess wrote:Chicks, stop bringing rape into context to aid your arguments when I'm pretty confident that everyone speaking in this topic is on the same page when it comes down to abortion post rape.

From Kev saying that blokes should have more say about abortions, to then turn it round to say, "well should the rapist have a say" is completely moronic and unrelated to Kev's actually comment and meanings behind them.
Rapists should never have a say. I agreed with Kev. But I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere about men legally having a say, and that was just an argument I put forward about where the line would be drawn.
Bess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilMCC on Fri 18 May 2012, 1:20 pm

"... And of course, we haven’t even talked about the person who is giving birth to the baby! I know you probably think pregnancy is a wonderful, happy time, and for some people it is, but it is also one of the greatest health risks a person can take. I love my son very much, and from the day I found out I was pregnant with him, I wanted him! But I also nearly died giving birth to him. You see, I had pre-eclampsia, the most commonly fatal birth complication in the world. My blood pressure was 180 over 130! At twenty-two years old, I was actually headed for a stroke, hah hah! How funny is that? And all it took was missing a single pre-natal appointment during which my blood pressure rose to dangerous levels and my body tried to kill both me and my son. Those seizures sure were fun, as was the emergency c-section performed without anesthetic! And being chained down while the operation was performed, because I was delirious and wouldn’t stop trying to fight off the doctors, that was a BLAST! It was great for my husband too, since he almost lost his wife and child in just forty-five minutes. You can imagine how thrilled he is at the prospect of me ever getting pregnant again. Babies are certainly cute, but pregnancy can have massive health complications, and I know it’s such a bummer, but they are PERMANENT. Sad My abdominal muscles never recovered from being hacked through with a scalpel, and the flood of hormones caused by late pregnancy have changed things from heartburn (never used to have it, now, all the time!) to my emotional reactions (I cry when I see pictures of kittens now. I used to be tough). These are changes I did not ask for, cannot control, and cannot fix! And many people go through worse! I know, right? Unbelievable, but go look up the word ‘episiotomy’ and then look up ‘birth rape’ and I’m afraid you’ll find some stuff that just isn’t very shiny. Plus, the studies actually show that people who carry a baby to term, give birth, then give it up for adoption (Or in this case, giving it up to the father...) suffer HIGHER rates of post-pregnancy complications like post-partum depression and post-partum psychosis, general depression, and other mental health issues..."

Just an excerpt I read in a pro-life/pro-choice argument that I felt really showed what I was trying to say on the matter. You cant just say "Oh, im sure pregnancy is no walk in the park." and expect that to back up your argument. This could be life or death we're talking here. I understand that men probably feel horribly when they have no say in abortion, but this isn't risking their lives. It's risking the lives of the women involved.

Also, to say that we should just not have sex if we don't want to get pregnant is uncalled for. Everyone has needs and sometimes other methods just don't cut it or people get carried away. It happens.
aprilMCC
Come Join The Feast

Back to top Go down

Post by theCRUNGE on Sun 27 May 2012, 10:00 pm

One of my girl mates just came up to me and broke down and shit, shes been almost about a month knocked up.
Her and her boyfriend were both christian (With the boyfriends dad being like head of the church), and once her boyfriend found out, he left her, and didnt want anything to do with her. His excuse was that 'The youth pastor told him not to talk to her'. It fuucks me off soo much that he is using religion to hide from this shit. Now i gotta deal with all this, shes left her christian faith, doesn't want to talk to her mum and is all for going for an abortion.
theCRUNGE
Return To Energiser

https://www.facebook.com/oktimeforplanc

Back to top Go down

Post by blissof89 on Sun 27 May 2012, 11:40 pm

Anyone that puts Dogma above human happiness or wellbeing is a fucking cretin that isn't worthy of the air they breath.
blissof89
Step Up

http://www.facebook.com/blissof89

Back to top Go down

Post by orwellaintdead on Mon 28 May 2012, 12:18 am

blissof89 wrote:Anyone that puts Dogma above human happiness or wellbeing is a fucking cretin that isn't worthy of the air they breath.
THIS.
orwellaintdead
We Can Breathe In Space

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilMCC on Mon 28 May 2012, 3:49 am

blissof89 wrote:Anyone that puts Dogma above human happiness or wellbeing is a fucking cretin that isn't worthy of the air they breath.
Couldn't have put it better myself.
aprilMCC
Come Join The Feast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophiee on Wed 11 Jul 2012, 9:35 am

theCRUNGE wrote:One of my girl mates just came up to me and broke down and shit, shes been almost about a month knocked up.
Her and her boyfriend were both christian (With the boyfriends dad being like head of the church), and once her boyfriend found out, he left her, and didnt want anything to do with her. His excuse was that 'The youth pastor told him not to talk to her'. It fuucks me off soo much that he is using religion to hide from this shit. Now i gotta deal with all this, shes left her christian faith, doesn't want to talk to her mum and is all for going for an abortion.
Ugh that's awful.

Just support her the best you can, she'll probs find it hard but she's doing whats best for her and the situation she's in and I'm all for that.
Sophiee
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.myspace.com/airguitarsuperstar92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top