Post by warnerbro on Tue 13 Apr 2010, 12:31 am

UMMMMMMM KFC AND MARYLAND.
warnerbro
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/warnerbro

Back to top Go down

Re: Americanism

Post by Malky on Tue 13 Apr 2010, 4:53 am

warnerbro wrote:UMMMMMMM KFC AND MARYLAND.
HO, KFC IS HALAL AND SHIT YEAH.

Matt Lees is angry
Malky

Back to top Go down

Post by warnerbro on Tue 13 Apr 2010, 5:04 am

Malky wrote:
warnerbro wrote:UMMMMMMM KFC AND MARYLAND.
HO, KFC IS HALAL AND SHIT YEAH.

Matt Lees is angry

I bet the people in that group still ram their faces after a night out at many Halal take-aways.
warnerbro
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/warnerbro

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeLee on Tue 13 Apr 2010, 7:02 am

Seriously wtf. just because they dont want to eat bacon, doesn't mean they should stop selling it completely.
LeeLee
Jonny Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Malky on Tue 13 Apr 2010, 8:54 am

I want them to totally remove it just so fannies will get properly up in arms over a fucking chicken burger.
Malky

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandpa Clivey on Tue 13 Apr 2010, 9:46 am

solidarityshez wrote:Aye, i'm not denying its not human to eat meat. We have canines afterall. But the way mass produced chickens are treated is far from ethical. At least let it have a somewhat decent life before it becomes yer meal.

That's why I don't eat chicken, unless I know it's been free range and preferably organically fed.

However I don't generally eat out. I've been without a sense of smell for 16 months (except for 3 weeks earlier this year), and so have a limited sense of taste. I can't tell the difference between pork, turkey, lamb and chicken, apart from texture. If you blindfolded me I wouldn't know what I was eating. Cheese, burgers, fried stuff are all fattening so I try to avoid them. I normally eat fish and vegetables and fruit.
I tend to drink cider because it has more flavour (if you can't smell) than beer or lager which just taste like bitter water.

Sorry I've strayed on to diets rather than Americanisms. I suppose some of US pronunciation is odd , and some accents, e.g. Texan, are odd also, and Americans call some things strange names, like faucets and pants.
Grandpa Clivey
Take To The Skies

Back to top Go down

Post by agua on Tue 13 Apr 2010, 1:31 pm

it's amerian culture
what are going to do

are you ok clive?
is your loss of senses just natural?
agua
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.myspace.com/agua_1989

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandpa Clivey on Tue 13 Apr 2010, 8:43 pm

I'm fine Jaymes.
My loss of sense of smell is because my sinuses get blocked easily, blocking the olfactory nerves.
I sometimes get my sense of smell back for short periods (about 3 weeks) as a result of taking antibiotics and steroids to clear up bad chest infections. Last year I had antibiotics and steroids twice but didn't get my sense of smell back either time. This year I've had them once and my sense of smell returned for 3 weeks.

I was without a sense of smell for 10 years then suddenly it came back so I could enjoy food again and eat less, then 3 years later as suddenlt as it had re-appeared it went again. That was 16 months ago. I think if I exercise more outdoors I may get it back without steroids (prednisolone, an adrenal steroid, which is too dangerous to take in large doses for any length of time).
Grandpa Clivey
Take To The Skies

Back to top Go down

Post by agua on Wed 14 Apr 2010, 2:15 am

at least it's nomal for you and nothing more serious
agua
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Charn on Sat 17 Apr 2010, 12:38 pm

I love it here. I really do, but I can't wait to come home. London compared to NY/Philly is so much better. It's exciting, the stores here are awesome and such, but the public transport and some of the attitudes and such are shittier. I'd find it so hard to stay my weight because of all the food and snacks available. I mean, a large coke in the UK is a medium here, it's easy to work out why a lot of people are overweight! You have to be able to drive to survive here properly and deal with people who have hardly any manners. It'd be nice to live here but I'd need a lot of money. I think, unless you've lived here from birth or have any relatives, it'd be difficult to stay here and adapt. My holiday here has changed my view on America, it's good for a holiday or so, but I couldn't live here. And some of the accents, no offence, are really starting to get on my nerves. Jesu Christo.

cheese steaks rule though.
Charn
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by apap3rplat3 on Sat 17 Apr 2010, 2:35 pm

Mind you are in the NYC/Philly area. Their accents can be quite silly. And the drinks thing, no kidding! At Taco Bueno, a small there is like a normal medium/large in some places. It's ridiculous. No one needs 44 ounces of coke. If you come to Oklahoma, people here have manners. So not all Americans are mannerless. Smile
apap3rplat3
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1413049329&

Back to top Go down

Post by Charn on Sat 17 Apr 2010, 2:58 pm

I spoke too soon. I fucking hate cheese steaks. And I know, right? I see people with these huge drinks and think "wtf". I'm so full after eating Mcdonald's I can hardly finish my drink, that would last me the WHOLE day. I think it's the fact that you have the choice to have more, so some people become greedy>>>>obesity etc..
I mean, I was shocked that you get TWO side orders with your order in kfc, because I'm so used to having just one. Weird.
Charn
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by agua on Sat 17 Apr 2010, 6:32 pm

i down so much dr pepper it's not funny
i drink more of that than i eat
agua
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach on Sat 17 Apr 2010, 6:45 pm

I could live in America, easy. My parents are even talking about moving to South Florida again.
But I bet it goes all tits up like it does always, ha.
Rach
Zzzonked

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandpa Clivey on Sat 17 Apr 2010, 10:02 pm

There's loads of caffeine in Dr Peppers. I can't drink any caffeine drink, nor decaff tea or coffee, because of my heart rhythm problem.
Grandpa Clivey
Take To The Skies

Back to top Go down

Post by StandYourGround on Sun 18 Apr 2010, 4:43 am

Charn...you know how I feel. haha
StandYourGround
We Can Breathe In Space

http://www.last.fm/user/LD7

Back to top Go down

Post by agua on Tue 20 Apr 2010, 5:44 pm

right
agua
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilMCC on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 9:43 am

Grandpa Clivey wrote:There's loads of caffeine in Dr Peppers. I can't drink any caffeine drink, nor decaff tea or coffee, because of my heart rhythm problem.
I know how you feel. My tachycardia is a pain in the ass when it comes to that kind of stuff. I mostly drink green tea now, but I'm always wanting a coffee/frappucino.

As for Americanism, I can't really comment because we're essentialy the same as Americans. 'Cept for the Maple Syrup/Tim Horton's.
aprilMCC
Come Join The Feast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 9:49 am

aprilMCC wrote:As for Americanism, I can't really comment because we're essentialy the same as Americans. 'Cept for the Maple Syrup/Tim Horton's.
Don't believe that, you're much, much better than America. I'm not saying American people are arseholes (and I'm not not saying that either) but at least you guys have social healthcare, welfare and aren't full of republican/conservative bigots and wankers.

I actually like American people though, they can't help that their country is governed by overgrown rats.

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilMCC on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 10:19 am

That's true.

I was more or less trying to say that we probably know more about America then we do Canada. We get more American news then we do Canadian. So as for the "Americanism" topic, we're probably the worst for it.

(Not saying being that way is bad, just saying we're probably the closest thing to an actual American besides Americans themselves.)
aprilMCC
Come Join The Feast

Back to top Go down

Post by beth on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 10:20 am

aprilMCC wrote:
Grandpa Clivey wrote:There's loads of caffeine in Dr Peppers. I can't drink any caffeine drink, nor decaff tea or coffee, because of my heart rhythm problem.
I know how you feel. My tachycardia is a pain in the ass when it comes to that kind of stuff. I mostly drink green tea now, but I'm always wanting a coffee/frappucino.

As for Americanism, I can't really comment because we're essentialy the same as Americans. 'Cept for the Maple Syrup/Tim Horton's.
canada > america any day! you're so lucky.
can't wait to go back next year, and i think you've convinced me to make my first stop tim horton's. or DQ. or pizza pizza.
i'll be so huge when i come back home!
can't say america holds any appeal for me, but that's probably because i just compare it to canada all the time. i won't rant, but DAMN YOU CANADA, MAKING ALL OTHER COUNTRIES SHIT!
beth
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/Bethhhy

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilMCC on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 10:28 am

Tim Hortons for sure. I love starbucks and all, but you can't get Timmes anywhere else! (Though I think they're planning on expanding to America... Figures.)

Where abouts did you go? :O
aprilMCC
Come Join The Feast

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobbsy on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 10:28 am

America for ever! Proud to be one ^__^
Hobbsy
Administrator

http://www.facebook.com/JamesHobbs182

Back to top Go down

Post by beth on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 10:43 am

aprilMCC wrote:Tim Hortons for sure. I love starbucks and all, but you can't get Timmes anywhere else! (Though I think they're planning on expanding to America... Figures.)

Where abouts did you go? :O
various places in ontario, i've got family over there & i hope to move there too.
K-W, goderich, stratford & of course, the mighty toronto!
it's my favourite place like, ever.
beth
Buzzer

http://www.facebook.com/Bethhhy

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilMCC on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 10:46 am

Yeah TO is pretty cool. I couldn't live there though, wayy to busy for me. Plus the traffic on the 400 is UGLY most of the time.
aprilMCC
Come Join The Feast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum