Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by chris_dreads on Fri 09 Apr 2010, 9:04 pm

Sad Sad Sad

The Twilight hunk is said to be over the moon at the chance to show his diversity as an actor and a musician.

Not only will Pattinson be able to show off his musical talents but he’ll also have Scarlett Johansson as his leading lady if Courtney Love has her way, The Sun reported.

While R-Patz will play the Nirvana frontman, who shot himself in 1994, Kurt’s widow Courtney Love has a key role in the production of the film and wants Johansson to play her.

The Hole singer has allegedly agreed to the film as long as she decides who will be cast as the lead characters, the director, the screenplay and music.

Fight Club’s David Fincher is set to direct the project, which currently has the working title All Apologies.

Universal Pictures is the studio involved in the film about the Come As You Are singer but a start date for filming hasn’t been agreed as yet.

Anyone else absolutly devastated that a hero of the music business is going to be ruined by this fanny?
avatar
chris_dreads
Return To Energiser

Age : 27
Location : Glesgae

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by ChumbaWumba on Fri 09 Apr 2010, 9:38 pm

Yes. He looks nothing like Kurt and his american accent is trash. Courtney Love and him will both ruin this.
avatar
ChumbaWumba
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 25
Location : Hull/ Wolverhampton

http://www.facebook.com/absolutelucidity

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by Pete on Fri 09 Apr 2010, 11:12 pm

Had to check it's not April 1st. Sad
avatar
Pete
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 26
Location : Nawtingham

http://www.myspace.com/wewerefriendsuk

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by Martin on Fri 09 Apr 2010, 11:16 pm

chris_dreads wrote:Sad Sad Sad

The Twilight hunk is said to be over the moon at the chance to show his diversity as an actor and a musician.

Not only will Pattinson be able to show off his musical talents but he’ll also have Scarlett Johansson as his leading lady if Courtney Love has her way, The Sun reported.

While R-Patz will play the Nirvana frontman, who shot himself in 1994, Kurt’s widow Courtney Love has a key role in the production of the film and wants Johansson to play her.

The Hole singer has allegedly agreed to the film as long as she decides who will be cast as the lead characters, the director, the screenplay and music.

Fight Club’s David Fincher is set to direct the project, which currently has the working title All Apologies.

Universal Pictures is the studio involved in the film about the Come As You Are singer but a start date for filming hasn’t been agreed as yet.

Anyone else absolutly devastated that a hero of the music business is going to be ruined by this fanny?

He couldn't exactly play himself.
avatar
Martin
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 26
Location : Probably asleep in a hedge

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by Guest on Fri 09 Apr 2010, 11:26 pm

Martin wrote:
chris_dreads wrote:Anyone else absolutly devastated that a hero of the music business is going to be ruined by this fanny?

He couldn't exactly play himself.
OK, Mr. Hollywood...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by Pete on Fri 09 Apr 2010, 11:32 pm

Martin wrote:
chris_dreads wrote:Sad Sad Sad

The Twilight hunk is said to be over the moon at the chance to show his diversity as an actor and a musician.

Not only will Pattinson be able to show off his musical talents but he’ll also have Scarlett Johansson as his leading lady if Courtney Love has her way, The Sun reported.

While R-Patz will play the Nirvana frontman, who shot himself in 1994, Kurt’s widow Courtney Love has a key role in the production of the film and wants Johansson to play her.

The Hole singer has allegedly agreed to the film as long as she decides who will be cast as the lead characters, the director, the screenplay and music.

Fight Club’s David Fincher is set to direct the project, which currently has the working title All Apologies.

Universal Pictures is the studio involved in the film about the Come As You Are singer but a start date for filming hasn’t been agreed as yet.

Anyone else absolutly devastated that a hero of the music business is going to be ruined by this fanny?

He couldn't exactly play himself.

Give me a couple of million and I can make it happen.
avatar
Pete
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 26
Location : Nawtingham

http://www.myspace.com/wewerefriendsuk

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by Jess on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 12:08 am

God, NO Sad
avatar
Jess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 25
Location : London

http://www.facebook.com/jessmelling

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by Tommy k on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 1:14 am

Don't give a shit
avatar
Tommy k
Step Up

Age : 25
Location : southampton

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by Malky on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 3:25 am

FUCK YEAH! Cannot wait!
avatar
Malky
Moderator

Age : 26
Location : Ayr/Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by Sophiee on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 4:31 am

What they hey. This is random.
avatar
Sophiee
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 24
Location : Strathaven, Scotland.

http://www.myspace.com/airguitarsuperstar92

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by ChumbaWumba on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 5:05 am

Following reports in this morning's Sun newspaper, Twilight star Robert Pattinson is actually NOT confirmed to play grunge legend Kurt Cobain in the upcoming movie about his life, All Apologies.

Jonathan Daniel, the manager of Cobain's widow, Courtney Love, has said the reports are false.

"That's an amazing story, and the first I've heard of any of this," he told Spin magazine. "They manage to fit pretty much everyone in Hollywood into an article without one fact check.

However Daniel confirmed that Scarlett Johanssen might play Love in the upcoming flick.

"Courtney likes Scarlett Johanssen as an actress and as a person, so it wouldn't surprise me if she wanted her to play her," said Daniel. "I'm not sure she knows who R-Patz is, but he sure is cute."

http://www.kerrang.com/blog/2010/04/robert_pattinson_not_confirmed.html

Thank fuck for that.
avatar
ChumbaWumba
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 25
Location : Hull/ Wolverhampton

http://www.facebook.com/absolutelucidity

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by HappySailor69 on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 9:16 am

Having just watched his performance in harry p I noticed he dies the whole staring thing alot. I thought it was a twilight thing. Clearly not? I think it will be shite but interesting to see r patz as a dirty greeb
avatar
HappySailor69
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 25
Location : IM ON A BOAT BITCH!

http://www.captainjoshsparrow.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by leeburgess on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 12:42 pm

he's the most depressing actor of all time.
avatar
leeburgess
Buzzer

Age : 26
Location : Burnley, Lancashire

http://www.facebook.com/leejamesburgess

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by Malky on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 4:35 pm

Watch the Room and tell me he beats Tommy Wiseau.
avatar
Malky
Moderator

Age : 26
Location : Ayr/Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by Jess on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 7:25 pm

Malky wrote:Watch the Room and tell me he beats Tommy Wiseau.

lolol, the room <3
avatar
Jess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 25
Location : London

http://www.facebook.com/jessmelling

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by Joely on Sun 11 Apr 2010, 8:03 am

(If he plays it) I'm just gonna lol at everyone complaining about it now if he does it really well. What's the point in getting worked up, he might be good?
Before the Twilight film, Twilight fans were like WTF NO WHY THE HELL IS HE PLAYING EDWARD. Now they bloody love him.
avatar
Joely
The Lions Are At The Door

Age : 25
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by ChumbaWumba on Sun 11 Apr 2010, 8:49 pm

http://www.kerrang.com/blog/2010/04/robert_pattinson_not_confirmed.html
avatar
ChumbaWumba
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 25
Location : Hull/ Wolverhampton

http://www.facebook.com/absolutelucidity

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by Kieran on Mon 12 Apr 2010, 2:00 am

Maybe i'm missing the point or it could be for the fact that I'm not much of a Nirvana fan, but I find Kurt Cobain highly overrated. Did he really do THAT much? I mean he may of been a good musician, but what seperated him from everyone else..the fact he died? Surely that shouldn't increase the rating of your music.
avatar
Kieran
Sorry You're Not A Winner

Age : 29
Location : Banff, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by Niamh on Mon 12 Apr 2010, 2:35 am

Joely wrote:(If he plays it) I'm just gonna lol at everyone complaining about it now if he does it really well. What's the point in getting worked up, he might be good?
Before the Twilight film, Twilight fans were like WTF NO WHY THE HELL IS HE PLAYING EDWARD. Now they bloody love him.

Yeah, but they are twilight fans...
avatar
Niamh
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 26
Location : SE9, Landan

http://www.facebook.com/NiamhF

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by Joely on Mon 12 Apr 2010, 6:09 am

Your point? I'm a Twilight fan.
avatar
Joely
The Lions Are At The Door

Age : 25
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by Malky on Mon 12 Apr 2010, 6:29 am

Scene. Go with whatever everybody else says. Etc.
avatar
Malky
Moderator

Age : 26
Location : Ayr/Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by ChumbaWumba on Mon 12 Apr 2010, 6:52 am

Kieran wrote:Maybe i'm missing the point or it could be for the fact that I'm not much of a Nirvana fan, but I find Kurt Cobain highly overrated. Did he really do THAT much? I mean he may of been a good musician, but what seperated him from everyone else..the fact he died? Surely that shouldn't increase the rating of your music.

In a time where it was all about making money he did music for the love of music. He didn't want to be famous or be in an international selling band, he wanted to do music as his life whether it helped him financially or not which is why his death is so tragic. Nirvana's first album sold jack shit but they were happy, then they made Nevermind and that sold 10million when it was only expected to sell around 40k max. The sudden pressure of being in a successful band got to him, he didn't ask for it but it just happened and so he killed himself (allegedly) to take himself away from the spotlight, his personal angst and the pressures of churning out music to make money rather than for enjoyment. He basically accidentally became a part of something he detested, he wanted to make music that was from the heart rather than the pop shit that was being churned out at the time. When asked what he hoped to do in the 90's he said 'To debase every known pop form that ever existed', at the time everyone laughed but he wasn't even joking aha.

Basically in a nut shell, his band and him along with other bands like Soundgarden and Alice and Chains created not only the grunge movement but also paved the way for nonconformist music to enter the mainstream. Obviously his tragic death merely makes him stand out against other musicians but his popularity comes from his way of life and his attitudes as well that fact that he was a very talented musician who had LOADS of potential ahead of him. The amount of times Nirvana went on shows and were told 'play [insert highly popular Nirvana track that will help gain viewers]' and instead went on to play another track that usually wouldn't even get played on the radio, nevermind the television kinda showed their individuality against other bands at the time and their 'fuck you' attitude to the music and entertainment industry who were making thousands off their hard work basically.

Best example ever, ending is hillarious as well. They trash everything and just walk off and Jonathon Ross comes out with one of the best lines ever aha.

avatar
ChumbaWumba
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 25
Location : Hull/ Wolverhampton

http://www.facebook.com/absolutelucidity

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by Elemental on Mon 12 Apr 2010, 7:14 am

Nirvana were shit, but they were shit when it was cool to be shit. Personally I would've thought this would've been another one of those Johnny Depp artsy fartsy films. But then if Courtney Love has any creative control whatsoever it's going to be awful regardless. I say they go for realism and drag a crack whore off the streets to play her role.
avatar
Elemental
Come Join The Feast

Location : Location

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by Jed on Mon 12 Apr 2010, 8:07 am

Considering she's the main suspect in the whole conspiracy of his death being murder. It's not exactly going to be the most accurate biography ever. For example his biography (the book) makes sense up until his "suicide" then all seems to go a bit fishy.
avatar
Jed
Moderator

Age : 23
Location : Mynydd Isa/Cardiff

http://www.facebook.com/JedJedJed

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by Jess on Mon 12 Apr 2010, 8:54 am

Jed wrote:Considering she's the main suspect in the whole conspiracy of his death being murder. It's not exactly going to be the most accurate biography ever. For example his biography (the book) makes sense up until his "suicide" then all seems to go a bit fishy.
THAT'S SO TRUE!
I think she got someone to kill him, he was too drugged up to shoot himself, but thats for another topic.
I don't like Courtney Love in the slightest. Infact, i'd be more annoyed seeing her face on the screen over RP, mehh :/

I love Kurt Cobain.
avatar
Jess
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Age : 25
Location : London

http://www.facebook.com/jessmelling

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Pattinson cast as Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain in new biopic

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum