Post by Hobbsy on Mon 16 Aug 2010, 6:47 am

SO ARE FLYING OR WHAT LADS?
Hobbsy
Administrator

http://www.facebook.com/JamesHobbs182

Back to top Go down

Re: USA Headlining Tour

Post by natalieaja on Mon 16 Aug 2010, 6:55 am

ChumbaWumba91 wrote:It's not THAT much of an inconvenience, I mean ES did a US tour in an envirovan running off oil and said they had less breakdowns with that vehicle than a standard fuel car. The stuff is there but the government needs to subsidise that shit pronto.

Yes but they also had to drive 2 whole days in the desert haha.
I think the main argument for Americans is always going to be time and convenience. I try to use as much public transportation, carpools, walking, as much as possible but for big trips cross country a plane is always going to trump any alternative means in the eyes of Americans.

It's different for working bands because hopefully they are only doing a couple hours of driving in between venues so they can take advantage of things like green vans but if I had to go from MD to the other side of the country ultimately a plane will be cheaper and faster than a train or a bus or a car. That's why we should encourage the use of these alternative means by making it more affordable. Even things like green vehicles and electric vehicles are significantly more expensive than a regular old car. Especially now in our financial disaster it's harder to take advantage of green options when often green or organic alternatives are more expensive. (Which in turn also explains why there is so much obesity in the US because fruits and vegetables are far more expensive than a bag of chips or cookies... but that's a whole other topic haha.)
natalieaja
Sorry You're Not A Winner

http://www.facebook.com/natalieaja

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Card Glory! on Mon 16 Aug 2010, 7:07 am

natalieaja wrote:
ChumbaWumba91 wrote:It's not THAT much of an inconvenience, I mean ES did a US tour in an envirovan running off oil and said they had less breakdowns with that vehicle than a standard fuel car. The stuff is there but the government needs to subsidise that shit pronto.

Yes but they also had to drive 2 whole days in the desert haha.
I think the main argument for Americans is always going to be time and convenience. I try to use as much public transportation, carpools, walking, as much as possible but for big trips cross country a plane is always going to trump any alternative means in the eyes of Americans.

It's different for working bands because hopefully they are only doing a couple hours of driving in between venues so they can take advantage of things like green vans but if I had to go from MD to the other side of the country ultimately a plane will be cheaper and faster than a train or a bus or a car. That's why we should encourage the use of these alternative means by making it more affordable. Even things like green vehicles and electric vehicles are significantly more expensive than a regular old car. Especially now in our financial disaster it's harder to take advantage of green options when often green or organic alternatives are more expensive. (Which in turn also explains why there is so much obesity in the US because fruits and vegetables are far more expensive than a bag of chips or cookies... but that's a whole other topic haha.)
This is a little off-topic, but organic food doesn't do shit to save the planet ^_^
Scratch Card Glory!
Anything Can Happen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 16 Aug 2010, 7:20 am

Scratch Card Glory! wrote:This is a little off-topic, but organic food doesn't do shit to save the planet ^_^
It certainly does.

In the UK (and US I'm pretty sure...but I can't be arsed to Google) farmers have to earn a certain 'stamp of approval' to call their goods organic. This involves stuff like ensuring they don't release hazardous chemicals into the environment. They have to prevent runoff, or use as little water as possible basically. Conventional farming also harms the land through vigorous and excessive farming. Organic farming takes steps to prevent the degradation of the land. The vehicles used are less dependent on fossil-fuels, or entirely green.

That's just stuff off the top of my head, I'm sure there are millions of other ways organic farming helps the planet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Card Glory! on Mon 16 Aug 2010, 5:19 pm

Jack* wrote:
Scratch Card Glory! wrote:This is a little off-topic, but organic food doesn't do shit to save the planet ^_^
It certainly does.

In the UK (and US I'm pretty sure...but I can't be arsed to Google) farmers have to earn a certain 'stamp of approval' to call their goods organic. This involves stuff like ensuring they don't release hazardous chemicals into the environment. They have to prevent runoff, or use as little water as possible basically. Conventional farming also harms the land through vigorous and excessive farming. Organic farming takes steps to prevent the degradation of the land. The vehicles used are less dependent on fossil-fuels, or entirely green.

That's just stuff off the top of my head, I'm sure there are millions of other ways organic farming helps the planet.
Except that problem of there not being enough farmland on the planet (including deforesting rain forests) to feed the almost 6.7 billion people on it. Non-organic food makes healthy food much more readily available.

I doubt it's a coincidence that the beginning of the use of chemicals on food and the decrease in the cancer rate coincide with each other.
Scratch Card Glory!
Anything Can Happen

Back to top Go down

Post by stevenlikestatues on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 12:30 am

I'm seriously bang on this after seeing some of the ridiculously cheap prices to new york, 189 quid, YES MAYTE.
stevenlikestatues
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 1:39 am

I get to Florida on 2nd October.
Enter Shikari play Orlando on the 5th.
Plan.
Rach
Zzzonked

Back to top Go down

Post by stevenlikestatues on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 1:40 am

Bosh.
stevenlikestatues
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 1:41 am

Just need to convince dirty dog Steve Fratty to come with me!
Rach
Zzzonked

Back to top Go down

Post by stevenlikestatues on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 5:42 am

James, Jack, Malky, what's going on with this?
stevenlikestatues
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Malky on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 6:13 am

If I go (likely as world peace), I'm going to Canada.
Malky

Back to top Go down

Post by natalieaja on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 6:17 am

stevenlikestatues wrote:James, Jack, Malky, what's going on with this?

You all better come to the NY show! I'm demanding it! haha (:
natalieaja

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 6:36 am

I was thinking about this the other day...£500 for NY, or £200 for Amsterdam. NY would be the dogs bollocks, undoubtedly, but all that gorgeous ganj....scenery....in 'dam is tempting me away. I also wanna be able to hit up clubs and drink too, fuck that condensing 21 year old shit in the US!

I shall see how I sway over the next week or so...

Back to top Go down

Post by kappa99 on Thu 26 Aug 2010, 9:32 am

stevenlikestatues wrote:I'm seriously bang on this after seeing some of the ridiculously cheap prices to new york, 189 quid, YES MAYTE.

Source?
kappa99
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://thezoneforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach on Thu 26 Aug 2010, 9:34 am

I reckon you lot should join me and the Fratcat in Florida for 3 weeks.
Rach
Zzzonked

Back to top Go down

Post by stevenlikestatues on Thu 26 Aug 2010, 11:33 am

kappa99 wrote:
stevenlikestatues wrote:I'm seriously bang on this after seeing some of the ridiculously cheap prices to new york, 189 quid, YES MAYTE.

Source?

Travelsupermarket, single to new york from london though , departure date 14th october, £169 quid.
stevenlikestatues
Buzzer

Back to top Go down

Post by solidarityshez on Sun 03 Oct 2010, 4:32 pm

I have just got in from Shikari's first US date in Houston, and oh my god, it was amazing! The venue was absolutely tiny! I'm pretty shit at size estimations, but I'd say it was about London Barfly's size. And it was just as hot and sweaty as Camden Underworld!
There were many doubts that the show was even gunna happen, cos Rou's gear wasn't working. The guys managed to keep us entertained during the wait, playing blues and stuff Smile.
When shit finally got going, it was absolutely immense. Lots of crowd surfers and stage dives by the audience and band.
And at the end i managed to nab a setlist from Keith. The only ones they didnt play were Hectic and Plan B.

Oh they also have some absolutely sick merch too!
solidarityshez

Back to top Go down

Post by natalieaja on Mon 04 Oct 2010, 1:15 am

Ah that's awesome that they are playing The Feast! I haven't seen that since 2007 I think... geez!
natalieaja

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach on Mon 04 Oct 2010, 10:55 pm

This is tomorrow, so stoked, can't wait. Hopefully me and Fratson can get tickets on the door, I've contacted the venue but they haven't emailed back. May ring them tonight and see if we can reserve tickets or something.
Rach
Zzzonked

Back to top Go down

Post by agua on Sat 09 Oct 2010, 2:57 pm

kinda short setlist? oh well ;D i'll take what i can get
agua
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.myspace.com/agua_1989

Back to top Go down

Post by E on Tue 19 Oct 2010, 5:30 pm

the above set list was pretty much what they played in providence this past weekend. great show. lots of energy from both the band and crowd. it was great to see them again
E
Nodding Acquaintance

Back to top Go down

Post by StandYourGround on Tue 09 Nov 2010, 5:13 am

this is in no order:

common dreads/solidarity, step up, zzzonked, juggernauts, mothership, no sssweat, destabilise, return to energiser, labyrinth, enter shikari, the feast.

sure i might be missing one or two.
StandYourGround
We Can Breathe In Space

http://www.last.fm/user/LD7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top