Leeds/Reading

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Leeds/Reading

Post by Niamh on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 11:24 am

Pissed about everybody saying ES were amazing because we couldn't hear a fucking word where we were. Was all muffled and the music was much louder than the vocals... so fucked off because it seemed to go so quickly. Couldn't see the lights or hear any of 'Destabalize'. Major anti-climax.
Niamh
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.facebook.com/NiamhF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 8:43 pm

Niamh wrote:Pissed about everybody saying ES were amazing because we couldn't hear a fucking word where we were. Was all muffled and the music was much louder than the vocals... so fucked off because it seemed to go so quickly. Couldn't see the lights or hear any of 'Destabalize'. Major anti-climax.
You lot pissed off outside, fail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Niamh on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 4:11 am

We were still inside ha... Just a bit to the right of you guys.
Niamh
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.facebook.com/NiamhF

Back to top Go down

Post by HappySailor69 on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 8:18 am

Jess failed at sending the text to my festival number.

Worst time I've seen them was in the middle about 5 rows from the sound booth, shit sound okish atmosphere.

Recommend the shit out of zoneforum.com by sharpying this girl who full on loved it, and just realised its thezoneforum haha.

HappySailor69
A Flash Flood Of Colour

http://www.captainjoshsparrow.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 8:28 am

HappySailor69 wrote:Recommend the shit out of zoneforum.com by sharpying this girl who full on loved it, and just realised its thezoneforum haha.

We hijacked so many people getting interviewed by folk with cameras by jumping in the back shouting "JOIN THE ZONE", it was enjoyable.
Martin
A Flash Flood Of Colour

Back to top Go down

Post by joebarnes on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 9:56 am

Hahaha Classic.
joebarnes
Jonny Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy k on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 7:34 pm

Why did so many of you no go past the 1st barrier ? That's where the magic happens and the reason it was one of the best shows ever perfect!
Tommy k
Step Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandpa Clivey on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 7:34 pm

Leeds was mainly dry, certainly dry underfoot, just a few rain showers, but windy on Sunday.

ES were naturally good. I was near the front. I got in the tent during Serg Tankian, (who was better than when I saw him on the Main Stage 2 years ago), stayed in the same place for Crystal Castles, (which I enjoyed but haven't a clue what the singer was singing about - could have been a recipe for strawberry jam for all I know), and stayed there for ES.

I was immediately in front of the left hand front pillar which holds up the tent, against a crush barrier. When Chris asked for a circle pit to open only a small one could because people were rammed in. I'm told there were loads outside the tent also. Pity they didn't have time to play SYNAW at Leeds. I met a few fans who couldn't believe that they wouldn't play SYNAW.

The Festival overall was good. Dicovered some good bands, including Health, We Are Scientists, Klaxons, Los Campesinos, Delphic, Young Guns, Streetlight Manifesto, The Skints, Gaslight Anthem and many others.
Missed seeing Weezer who people say were awesome, and The Drums also.
And saw a few mediocre bands- British Sea Power (alright at what they do but not to my liking), The Joy Formidable, and others.

Ate wonderful pizzas baked in a wood fired oven Pizza for the People £8 for a large one, but twice I was only charged £5. Their Med Veg pizza was really good, would have tasted better if I had a sense of smell.

Drank Sambuca for the first time in my life, saw loads of people I knew and made many new friends., thanks to Kev for the vodka laced Irn Bru.

Overall a really good festival. I stayed in the infamous Etap hotel in Leeds; got back the 2nd night to see 5 girls who thought they could share a room being thrown out. They were not happy. Took me all of yesterday to recover - slept for most of the day.
Grandpa Clivey
Take To The Skies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top